Another vendor issue ?

the hare

Since t2w has taken the decision to remove links to vendor websites, and banned links in signatures, should they also take the next step and stop vendors displaying the URLs to their sites in any images that they upload ?

It seams to me that vendors are increasingly going to have to resort to using this technique. Shouldnt this be nipped in the bud right now ?

Yes, quite a knotty one that, hare. Sometimes there's an interesting post (in trading terms) backed up by a chart image with company name or url in the background. I'm generally guided by whether I think it would be of interest to members from a trading perspective, but I take your point.

There's a similar problem with attribution - if you or me stumbled across something of trading interest and copied it to a post it would be be right to give attribution as to where it came from. Should a member from the company itself make the same post then attribution might be considered "advertising".

Yes, quite a knotty one that, hare. Sometimes there's an interesting post (in trading terms) backed up by a chart image with company name or url in the background. I'm generally guided by whether I think it would be of interest to members from a trading perspective, but I take your point.

There's a similar problem with attribution - if you or me stumbled across something of trading interest and copied it to a post it would be be right to give attribution as to where it came from. Should a member from the company itself make the same post then attribution might be considered "advertising".

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/members/434734-mr-stone.html
This is the kind of thing i think the hare is driving at.

Of course there's a difference between a single worthwhile post that has a url in the pic and someone whose last 10 consecutive posts all have the url and company name prominently showing. It's the vendors that are blatantly advertising and intentionally skirting the rules that need to be dealt with.

Peter

Of course there's a difference between a single worthwhile post that has a url in the pic and someone whose last 10 consecutive posts all have the url and company name prominently showing. It's the vendors that are blatantly advertising and intentionally skirting the rules that need to be dealt with.

Peter

yup, just hit the report button