Another journal? C'mon!

Time to call it a week.
Took the order off. Maybe we gat a chance to enter that level next week.

I only had one trade but that made me 2%. So nothing to complain.

Enjoy your weekend!

Hello,

I have 3 pairs on my watchlist for the upcoming days with some scenarios I identified. They show some well defined levels with some precise bounces.

I marked my trading plan on them.

GBP/CHF: I have a pending buy limit on 1.4269. Second scenario will be a sell limit at 1.43768 if we break the level and come back to make a retest.

AUD/USD: That's the setup that will probably play out as the first one. I have pending limit buy order at 1.0204.

EUR/JPY: Very well defined range between 106.585 and 104.8. I am waiting for a breakout to either site and then trade the retest.

Happy pipping :cool:

Nice setups. You also have a 38.2% fibonacci confluence on the gbp/chf. In my opinon it is almost an A+ setup, however we do have an unfilled gap and the immediate retest that took place after the level broke last.

Well done, mate.

Last edited:
Trade on AUD/USD got triggered but didn't work out.

I reduced my risk in advance because of some price action I didn't like and took a 0,5% loss. Important to keep the losses small.

I will go over the trade and what made me cautios later.

Cheers

Trade on AUD/USD got triggered but didn't work out.

I reduced my risk in advance because of some price action I didn't like and took a 0,5% loss. Important to keep the losses small.

Cheers

The reason I reduced my risk was the movement of price prior to reaching the level.

I prefer volatile moves where we move straight to the support/resistance level. This will give a higher probability that we will see a bigger reaction at the actual level. WHY? The reason behind this is probably that the big players try to intimidate the weak players (amateurs). On a fast bearish move, traders will probably look for opportunities to jump on the short-train. But at this point the big players are already planing to get out and reverse their position to get long.
AUD/USD didn't move down straight but stalled infront of the level before it went down to touch it. When I saw it stalling infront of the level I reduced my position.
Grading your setups and reducing position size on the ones that don't like an AAA+ setup will give you an additional egde over time.

AND:
EUR/JPY broke 104.78 to the downside. I have my pending short on the level and will be selling a retest.

Itook a EUR/USD short this morning from 1.3495 area. Didn't work out as you can see.

As I grade my setups I risked 0,5% on this one as it wasn't one of the better looking ones.

Now my account is back to break-even. A little frustrating but as long as I can stick to the rules, analyse my trades and learn crawling around b/e isn't too bad (y)

Thought: Keep on taking the mediocre setups with less risk or stick to the A+ setups with bigger position size.

yes, yes.. I am still alive and (kinda) trading. As I am no fulltime trader (yet) I have a lot of other projects going on and cannot watch the fx markets to the extent I would like to. Especially last 3 weeks have been pretty busy.

So 2 weeks ago I couldn't spot any trades and took two mediocre setups (fortunatelly with only risking less then 0,5%) which didn't work out.

Last week there was a great setup and I got stopped out by a few pips because I moved my Stop-Loss too fast too close to my entry and got stopped out for -0,5%:

This week there was another great setup I took yesterday and it did work out and gave me a little over 1,5%. (Here you can see how risk control works out. This one trade made up what I lost on the previous 3 trades!!!!)

So overall I am 1% above my initial starting deposit and for November I am up something around 0,8%. These numbers aren't impressive but the key is that I managed my risk well on all my trades and sticked to the plan.

Goal for december: Watch markets more often. Scan daily for good setups. DON'T INTERFERE WITH THE TRADES!!!
Who hasn't read the statistic that 95% of the ppl blow their account within the first 6 months!??! Guys, stick to your gameplan, control your risk and don't gamble.