Another IG index thread

dan1986ccfc

Just a quick one,
had a short position on the FTSE 100 today and was closed out at 5963.
According to my sharescope charts the FTSE high today was 5949.
Now i know their prices aren't supposed to be 100% accurate but isn't this is a bit far out?
Is it worth contacting them to complain or not?

Oanda showing 5967.5 between 18:20 and 18:30 for UK100. 5965.5 between 17:50 and 18:00. 5953 between 16:20 and 16:30.

Just a quick one,
had a short position on the FTSE 100 today and was closed out at 5963.
According to my sharescope charts the FTSE high today was 5949.
Now i know their prices aren't supposed to be 100% accurate but isn't this is a bit far out?
Is it worth contacting them to complain or not?

at 6.20 whilst the S&P was going up the market reached 5963.

Ah ok, cheers I guess not then.
I did check a couple of sites to double check the high but they said the same as sharescope....:confused:
But then it hits me... these prices would only be the UK open hours

I'd just like to say thank you to all those amateur "short it cos it's got to go down..." traders for providing the liquidity to my profitable long positions, Cheers! :)

I'd just like to say thank you to all those amateur "short it cos it's got to go down..." traders for providing the liquidity to my profitable long positions, Cheers! :)

Do you have a statement to show ? Otherwise we can all say that.

:sleep: yeah no problem
One day i'll be as good as you :D
I was never naive enough to believe its GOT to go down though

Do you have a statement to show ? Otherwise we can all say that.

Yes, and it's with IGIndex! but proofs not my point, it's the daft strategies like the other IG thread and his 9pp bet on £258 and margin call... Idiots!

Congratulations mate for having a profitable position :cool:

Yes, and it's with IGIndex! but proofs not my point, it's the daft strategies like the other IG thread and his 9pp bet on £258 and margin call... Idiots!

If you had a gaussian distribution based on charactar traits of the typical trader you would be right at the tip of the bell shaped chart, and that is not a compliment by the way.

Lets assume it is a zero sum game, long arguement for both cases but lets say for the next 24hrs it is. If everyone was as great a trader as yourself where would you be able to profit from?

Last edited:

'The liquidity' sir? No. A barely expressible percentage of it. Noone here moves the market as a collective or otherwise.

some people are a bit serious today aren't they? lol

Just caught up with this thread... Yes agree, people do seem to take things seriously here! I was only being a bit flippent! And i do know what a guassian distribution is...

If you had a gaussian distribution based on charactar traits of the typical trader you would be right at the tip of the bell shaped chart, and that is not a compliment by the way.

Lets assume it is a zero sum game, long arguement for both cases but lets say for the next 24hrs it is. If everyone was as great a trader as yourself where would you be able to profit from?

The answer is it is not a zero sum game, but unfortunately the advantage is small. Most people don't realize how small their edge is and so way over leverage and lose it all... If you understand the human psychi of greed and fear, you can play against it, but still be prepared to lose as that is part of the hurdle...
And i am not a great trader, just an evolving one!