IG index are thieves in my opinion please recommend a good broker

MajorDutch

Established member
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good broker to trade major currency pairs? I am currently trading a strategy which uses stop orders to open and has 20 pip TP 20 pip SL. IG index today closed me out at -29 pips. Fair enough the trade was losing but 9 pips slippage, is a joke.

I called them up to complain and they said 'the price moved quickly'.

Can anyone recommend a broker that wont rip me off?

Thanks

Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I recommend IG Index. Oh...

Did you have that stop during news? I've used them for years and rarely experience slippage. Perhaps you should go to guaranteed stop loss if you dislike occasional slippage.

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good broker to trade major currency pairs? I am currently trading a strategy which uses stop orders to open and has 20 pip TP 20 pip SL. IG index today closed me out at -29 pips. Fair enough the trade was losing but 9 pips slippage, is a joke.

Thanks

Simon

Slippage is slippage......if you dont like the rules of the game.....DONT PLAY.

BUT saying that, i dont like IG, or CMC.

What were you trading and what time did you experience the slippage? Would help to know.

I use Oanda, i've never had my stops slipped (but I don't use stops most of the time)

Hi

Thanks

Simon

You've had one experience of slippage (of 9 pips) and you call them out as a thief? Are you using IG to trade pairs off low time frames, circa 5mins? Your narrow stop suggests you are and if so you're wasting your time using any SB firm, you'll be 5 pips out (vis a vis an FX broker) on nearly every trade you take..

Hi

Thanks

Simon

FWIW when i use IG i rarely get slippage ...

i used to use ig and get hammered trading us crude, slippage anywhere up to 15pips. this was at 2pm though....and with tight stops...

Hi

Thanks

Simon

I have been using IG for around 5 years with no problems. I recently ventured
else where and had major problems. The grass isn't always greener!

You've had one experience of slippage (of 9 pips) and you call them out as a thief? Are you using IG to trade pairs off low time frames, circa 5mins? Your narrow stop suggests you are and if so you're wasting your time using any SB firm, you'll be 5 pips out (vis a vis an FX broker) on nearly every trade you take..

No this isn't the first slippage experience I have had.

No I am not trading off low time frames. I am trading stop orders to open 20 pip SL, 20 pip TP on an overnight breakout range.

Was the market moving crazily? At 9.35am, someone was giving an announcement. I was sleeping at the time, so have no idea what the market was doing. :D

IG are fine in my opinion. But if you're having problems, just go to IB, or oanda if you need ultimate granularity.

the 9.35am 1min bar was 18 pips in length so price did move a relatively long way during that minute. there was numpty at the MPC speaking at 9.35am. I still find 9 pips slippage excessive maybe I am being unreasonable. When none of the slippage goes in your favour it make you wonder.