Annoyed of Fleet.

ChartMan

Legendary member
I saddens me to see certain comments made by some of the more exerienced traders on this BB. Whilst your viewpoint may well be correct, it would be more beneficial to present a more balanced view, stating both sides of the argument... You have the experience and wisdom to do so, so why not give it a go? Typical example is the CFD/DAT argument. We, the experienced ones, know that DAT is the optimum. We forget, though, that not everyone has 30/40K to splash out on a trading account, so for them DAT is NOT the optimum. It is pie in the sky.........

ChartMan said:
I saddens me to see certain comments made by some of the more exerienced traders on this BB. Whilst your viewpoint may well be correct, it would be more beneficial to present a more balanced view, stating both sides of the argument... You have the experience and wisdom to do so, so why not give it a go? Typical example is the CFD/DAT argument. We, the experienced ones, know that DAT is the optimum. We forget, though, that not everyone has 30/40K to splash out on a trading account, so for them DAT is NOT the optimum. It is pie in the sky.........

Worse is when you begin receiving abusive private messages forcing one to remove the pm and email facilities, and withdrawing from debate. :|

That's harrassment neil - so just forward the offending messages to one of the Mods and we'll send FB in to duff them up round the back of the bike sheds. :cheesy:

Seriously though, any abusive missives, from anyone, for whatever reason, won't be tolerated.

Neil,
I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised to hear you are getting nasty emails as well, but I thought it was just me.
There are certain individuals on t2w who ran a campaign of vilification against Naz and myself and t2w, in the weeks up to the joint seminar we gave recently at Heathrow.
There were about five such people, some of whom continue to attack those of us who coach.
That's ok, it's a free country, though it's pathetic and sad that some people seem to have unlimited time to constantly have a pop at others. It makes you wonder if they have anything else in their lives, but hey, that's their problem though I do feel a little bit sorry for them.
What is also interesting is that they always choose to ignore the positive feedback which comes from those I have taught 1-2-1, those whom Naz has taught 1-2-1 and attendees at seminars we've given.
Anyway, the curious thing is that the more often these individuals have their little digs, the more people want 1-2-1 sessions! ;-)

I posted a trade yesterday on

http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7329

which illustrated the sort of typical quick trade I do in the opening minutes of the US day. Many of the people I have coached can recognise the technique. Others looking back on my chart postings of trades can figure some things out for themselves.

However, quite often I (like Neil) receive nasty abusive emails from certain individuals. They do make me laugh and only reflect on the character of the senders.

I cannot say who the sender of the latest email is and I won't enter into "debate" or reply to any of the very small group who seem to get their kicks out of such behaviour.

I have been asked by someone I respect to show the broker details of that trade yesterday and on this one occasion ONLY I'll do so for the sake of the decent members of these boards who might be tempted to believe that small group and doubt me.

It will appear on the above mentioned thread.

What really concerns me is the deterioration of the message boards on t2w. I would be very sad to see this place go the way of other boards before it.
The owners and moderators have obviously put a vast amount of time and effort into t2w and they and the vast majority of members who are not here to be aggressive and confrontational deserve better.
Most people, including myself, are here primarily to learn from others.
Life is one long learning curve for us all and humility is a very useful quality in learning and trading.
People who don't show respect for one another, especially when they disagree, don't understand the true meaning of debate and are better off returning to their playgrounds or cots.

um ok, thought I was experienced, 25 year working as a trader in The City, currently trade CFD's./ Spread betting, and futures, but what the fck is DAT ??????

Direct access trading.
You trade directly into the Nasdaq market.

I've just noticed the number of posts I've made - 666.

Those who are paranoid conspiracy theorists have their "proof" at last of how I am the devil incarnate...........

Last edited:
Instead of insinuations about people sending nasty PMs, why not name and shame them to Mods?

Incidentally, no-one has so far to my knowledge.

But I trade CFD's directly. Does that make them CFDAT'S ? - got to love a made up acronym...

Last edited:
Mr Charts

What is also interesting is that they always choose to ignore the positive feedback which comes from those I have taught 1-2-1, those whom Naz has taught 1-2-1 and attendees at seminars we've given.
Anyway, the curious thing is that the more often these individuals have their little digs, the more people want 1-2-1 sessions! ;-)

Just goes to show- Even bad publicity is good publicity!

Mr Charts
Thank you for your very kind offer to look at one of your trading records, however, I shall not take you up on it.

Whilst far from the longest serving member or most prolific poster, I have been around long enough to sort the wheat from the chaff and I prefer to believe those whom I respect.

I put mma on my ignore list and certain ones are about to follow, frankly I find their 'arguments' totally boring and self-interested.

I am hoping that these idiots will not spoil the board permanently by driving away all the experienced traders who so freely give advice and that it will be back to normal service soon. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your very kind words, orchard, they are much appreciated; the genuine people such as yourself always shine through ;-)
Richard

These social vandals thrive on outrage, the more you react the more they continue. Why don't we all just properly ignore them; there's no need to announce you're ignoring them; no need to refer to them by name; just talk around them; and most importantly of all - do not reply to them. They will go away once they find this BB can't be drawn. We all talk about discipline and psychology of trading but yet fall into their traps like novices. They will never change through argument so don't engage with them in the first place. Cheers.

Mr Charts

do not even pay attention to those wallies. We've got a brilliant site here - and let's keep it that way. Some ppl just need to get a chill pill - and quite probably get a life as well. Ersatz99 is right - replying to them is just encouraging them to put more graffitti on a wall..... and wasting yr time altogether.

lads - just one more thought

I think we r being a bit too nice and lenient here. I wasnt giving a toss meself up until I started receiving some real nasty rub****h on my pms.

we may want to adopt some practices from across the pond. I know one particular chat room there where any wally gets warned once, 2nd time he's kicked out. The downside of being so draconian is of coz the fact that some ppl get kicked out for rather innocent banter.

Like I said, T2W is a brilliant site. And I'd hate to c it turning into a pub brawl that wud in turn drive good ppl away from T2W.

I am a new member... I have joined to learn from experience of others. I am grateful that they share their valuable experience free of charge. No one has a 100% monopoly on wisdom or is right 100% of the time but if the advice is well meaning and well founded then you can't ask for more. The proof of the pudding is in the eating!

If anyone gets nasty PMs then if they forward it to a Mod, a rather juicy 5 points warning can be issued for disrespect towards other members.

Well said Chartman :cool:

<hr>
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Please please please - If you get a rude e-mail or a PM, then forward it onto the mods. If we don't know about it, then we cant sort it out!!

I for one am more than happy to receive any e-mails or Private Messages, especially if you have a problem. My e-mail is [email protected]

As I say please forward them on - We don't bite - honest. :p

Is there a way to see those that have the most warning points? like a ranking? also see those that have been banned? a league table?

If somebody is sending people nasty email or PM's why not just expose & name them on the boards.......they deserve it

no disrespect intended but warning points wont mean a Jot to people who r willing to do this

Jay