"Overtrading" - one of many fallacies based on FURU logic

Hi Lúidín,

Seriously, this is absolutely fine and sums up the situation very well. Anyone who pays for coaching / training would do well to to take your comments on board. If I was interested in learning how you trade, I wouldn't be put off by this in the slightest.

Understanding concepts is one thing; putting them into practice is quite another. I had no difficulty with the former, but struggled with the latter. My problem entirely; it had nothing to do with Mr. Charts' teaching ability or methodology, both of which are excellent in my view. I don't wish to blow my own trumpet, but of the skills I have in life, high on the (short) list is an ability to be honest with myself and not to try and blame others for my shortcomings (which are many). Based on my years here on T2W, my distinct impression is that this is quite a rare trait among traders, particularly among those who seek training from others.
Tim.

I have read @Lúidín's posts. I put him on ignore. If you have some proof of him trying to provide constructive help to those and not instantly start out with insults, I would love to see them. While I do not see eye-to-eye with db, he is not nearly as prone to insulting people as LN is. I disagree with people trying to sell things, but if you swear by him, that's enough for me.

I prefer your turn the other cheek suggestion.

I have read @Lúidín's posts. I put him on ignore. If you have some proof of him trying to provide constructive help to those and not instantly start out with insults, I would love to see them. While I do not see eye-to-eye with db, he is not nearly as prone to insulting people as LN is. I disagree with people trying to sell things, but if you swear by him, that's enough for me.

I prefer your turn the other cheek suggestion.

he put me on ignore because i asked him some embarrassing questions in his journal..which he can not answer..because it is not his account..he is a back office boy and will not publish the monthly returns %..like the one i did from my IB TWS account management page..under portfolio analysis tab

why would somoene not show the % return..you have to ask yourself..WHY:whistling

Hi Lúidín,

Seriously, this is absolutely fine and sums up the situation very well. Anyone who pays for coaching / training would do well to to take your comments on board. If I was interested in learning how you trade, I wouldn't be put off by this in the slightest.

Understanding concepts is one thing; putting them into practice is quite another. I had no difficulty with the former, but struggled with the latter. My problem entirely; it had nothing to do with Mr. Charts' teaching ability or methodology, both of which are excellent in my view. I don't wish to blow my own trumpet, but of the skills I have in life, high on the (short) list is an ability to be honest with myself and not to try and blame others for my shortcomings (which are many). Based on my years here on T2W, my distinct impression is that this is quite a rare trait among traders, particularly among those who seek training from others.
Tim.

so tim..to cut a long story short..you made no money from what mr charts showed you?

so tim..to cut a long story short..you made no money from what mr charts showed you?
lol Lúi,
Please re-read my previous posts as you are so missing the point! To repeat, I could have lost a fortune (by all means - assume that's the case) and that wouldn't necessarily have any bearing whatsoever either on the validity of Mr. Charts' methodology or his ability to teach it to others. As it happens, coaching from Mr. Charts' has formed an integral part of my training and, almost certainly, were it not for him I would not be a trader today, on T2W staff or, even, an active member of this forum. I'm afraid I'm not going to discuss how successful I am as, inevitably, that will prompt all manor or demands and accusations and heavens knows what else. Not necessarily from you, but from others who can't resist taking pot shots at staff who dare to stick their heads above the parapet.
Tim.

lol Lúi,
Please re-read my previous posts as you are so missing the point! To repeat, I could have lost a fortune (by all means - assume that's the case) and that wouldn't necessarily have any bearing whatsoever either on the validity of Mr. Charts' methodology or his ability to teach it to others. As it happens, coaching from Mr. Charts' has formed an integral part of my training and, almost certainly, were it not for him I would not be a trader today, on T2W staff or, even, an active member of this forum. I'm afraid I'm not going to discuss how successful I am as, inevitably, that will prompt all manor or demands and accusations and heavens knows what else. Not necessarily from you, but from others who can't resist taking pot shots at staff who dare to stick their heads above the parapet.
Tim.

tim..it was a simple question..to which there should be a simple answer..especially from a mod

the point i am trying to make..is..anyone who sells trading courses or books to people..are just trying to make some money..as..anyone who has tried out trading..either on their own from the outset..or with the help of someone else..know that it really makes no real difference..as..the biggest problems are mental..not mechanical

you yourself are a prime example..by your own admission..for which i must congratulate you for..at least you are honest

tim..it was a simple question..to which there should be a simple answer..especially from a mod
Lúi,
There is a simple answer and I've provided it; it's just that you don't like it. By the way, I'm not a Mod. Never have been, never will be.
Tim.

just trying to help some newbies not waste their money..best to use it for live trading with small size

i wish you well with your trading..no matter what way you trade..or what market you trade

just trying to help some newbies not waste their money..
I have devoted a large proportion of my time since joining T2W Staff in 2009 doing exactly this. My track record in this regard speaks for itself.
;)