Andrew Searle's Lindencourt method

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingot54

Occasionally a half-decent method comes along that appeals to my trading personality and risk profile - and this one is a bit better than half-decent. In fact, if you can not make this method succeed, then there may be another factor working against your success ... your problems will not be for want of a good setup.

Andrew Searle has a website which is dedicated to promoting his method ... and you can Google "Lindencourt Forex" to find that. My purpose is not to promote that (though it will be an unavoidable side-effect of the thread) but to alert traders to the method, and initiate a T2W thread dedicated to discussing it.

Please respect the author's intellectual property, and refrain from revealing the indicators, or posting too-revealing charts ... T2W is well-known for such respect.

Hopefully Andrew will keep a watchful eye on the thread, and if so, it would be great if he would contribute where appropriate, to keep traders on the right track. We all want to profit, and this method will produce that profit for you ... I am certain. So it is my hope that contributors will not re-invent the system as it exists, but discuss the various nuances as they occur.

Such things would be:

* Money management
* Range-bound issues
* Instruments which respond well to the method (indices, metals, equities etc)
* Variations (such as Time Frames, pip targets, session times) that offer an advantage
* False signals and how best to handle them
* Best setups
* Most reliable setups
* ... anything in a similar vein to the above list, which can assist other members/guests to improve results

Finally, if you visit Andrew's website, you will find that he does NOT sell his method from the site ... you need to contact him personally in order to obtain the method, which will set you back £99. That is about the ball-park for Forex trading systems ... but imho it is cheap for a Forex system that WORKS.

Don't be confused with the FREE daily system Andrew provides - you will need to pay to get the 15Minute method, though I can assure you, for position traders, the free Daily method is also profitable ... more so than some I have tried.

So ... the thread is open for business!

If you own the method, feel free to post your experiences ... good and not-so-good ... and hopefully we can all benefit from the collective input of our experiences.

PS - I have inadvertently added the "Audio Broadcast" icon to the title ... and have no idea how to remove it.
There is NO such Audio broadcast available as far as I am aware ... I apologise for that error.

Kind regards

Ivan

Last edited:
Occasionally a half-decent method comes along that appeals to my trading personality and risk profile - and this one is a bit better than half-decent. In fact, if you can not make this method succeed, then there may be another factor working against your success ... your problems will not be for want of a good setup.

Andrew Searle has a website which is dedicated to promoting his method ... and you can Google "Lindencourt Forex" to find that. My purpose is not to promote that (though it will be an unavoidable side-effect of the thread) but to alert traders to the method, and initiate a T2W thread dedicated to discussing it.

Please respect the author's intellectual property, and refrain from revealing the indicators, or posting too-revealing charts ... T2W is well-known for such respect.

Hopefully Andrew will keep a watchful eye on the thread, and if so, it would be great if he would contribute where appropriate, to keep traders on the right track. We all want to profit, and this method will produce that profit for you ... I am certain. So it is my hope that contributors will not re-invent the system as it exists, but discuss the various nuances as they occur.

Such things would be:

* Money management
* Range-bound issues
* Instruments which respond well to the method (indices, metals, equities etc)
* Variations (such as Time Frames, pip targets, session times) that offer an advantage
* False signals and how best to handle them
* Best setups
* Most reliable setups
* ... anything in a similar vein to the above list, which can assist other members/guests to improve results

Finally, if you visit Andrew's website, you will find that he does NOT sell his method from the site ... you need to contact him personally in order to obtain the method, which will set you back £99. That is about the ball-park for Forex trading systems ... but imho it is cheap for a Forex system that WORKS.

Don't be confused with the FREE daily system Andrew provides - you will need to pay to get the 15Minute method, though I can assure you, for position traders, the free Daily method is also profitable ... more so than some I have tried.

So ... the thread is open for business!

If you own the method, feel free to post your experiences ... good and not-so-good ... and hopefully we can all benefit from the collective input of our experiences.

PS - I have inadvertently added the "Audio Broadcast" icon to the title ... and have no idea how to remove it.
There is NO such Audio broadcast available as far as I am aware ... I apologise for that error.

Kind regards

Ivan

how do you know it works,how long and what results have you had,thanks

how do you know it works,how long and what results have you had,thanks

How I know it works ...

Google "Lindencourt Forum" and the second result will take you to a forum where the Daily Lindencourt method is discussed, as well as the 15M method - both have their respective threads.

That should save anyone from taking my word for it.

Andrew Searle has also responded on that forum, to traders who use his method. He comes across as a decent man, who responds very quickly to email questions - support is documented on that forum as being first class.

I have no record that I can produce to show anything ... and even if I had a great account balance, which I do not, I could not offer proof that this came from my use of this method.

I prefer not to direct people to any other forum ... I would like folks to discover for themselves [through discussion and exchange of experiences and ideas] how to use this tool for themselves.

There are new people becoming interested in Forex every day, and most of them do not know that they are about to lose their accounts ... some several times ... before they either give up, or wake up!

This forum used to have a very heavy bias towards equities and spread-betting.
Today - where is the focus? On currency trading.

Yet on this forum, how many traders would you say that you "know for sure" are either professional, or at the least making their living essentially from trading?

There may be heaps that are profitable, or borderline profitable, but if they had to switch from their current employment, or from their pensions, they could not survive on their trading income.

I don't mind admitting to being a "do-gooder" in the sense that I love to write - I love to talk about trading, and I love to take the pi$$ out of those whose mission in life is to rob ... yes "rob" people who simply want to make their personal situations better, through trading.

So, like many others, I have been a student, a teacher, a contributor. And at the same time I have struggled to get trading working for myself. Here and there, you will find threads I have started, and posts I have made - some commenting, some encouraging, some even derogatory, but all the while, seeking to steer myself and readers towards some better experience that will result in improved profitability for their trading.

Further, on this forum, there are a couple of very able traders in the mould of Trader Dante, Mr Charts, and so on ... you know who they are ... who are apt to teach and share. There are others who take great delight in letting fellow traders catch a glimpse of their profitability, but who would rather have their gonads removed than share one simple element of good trading methodology.

Therefore, when I found Lindencourt, I knew I had found the next step in my evolution as a trader, on the path to profitability and financial independence.

Trade2Win, with 200,000+ members, *should* by now have a branded and proprietary method of trading - the "T2W System" or something ... but they don't.

So it is left to people like you ... and people like me ... to inform fellow traders of the best we can locate, and then run a few trades over time, to see how well we can do with it. Some of us will have the clichéd "aha!" moment, and run along and trade happily ever after. Others will simply find a new tool or two to add to their weaponry, and move on to the next sensational discovery!

I don't particularly want to paint myself as any different from any of my fellow traders ... I am not a successful trader ... yet ... but I feel I am very close, and I feel that given the right circumstances, I could probably achieve it with what I know already about trading.

One day I'll start a blog and fill it with the kind of stuff I know that works.

This thread is just an effort on my part to emulate something like that, but for the benefit of all. Altruistic? Yes. But there IS something in it for me ... after all, I too would like to have my account growing, and I think this method is an important link in that process.

I am usually long-winded ... and I apologise for it ... but now ... it's over to you.

Best wishes

Ivan

a trader i know over 8 months of trading the 15min method of this system turned 3k to 11k. I haven't seen his statement but have known him sometime and he's quite a straight forward bloke. The daily method is free, its simple and you can check it yourself. The problem with the 15min method is you have to be at your computer throughout the day or be in the vicinity so you can hear the "bings"

Ivan
Its great to find people who share similare values,most of my posts are aimed that those wolves in sheeps clothing. I do however fail to see how you conclude that Mr Charts and trader Dante are able traders. They are both extremely knowledgable chaps,but that does not make them good traders.
In my post I was pointing out that Lindencourt may well be just another of those people we try to ward others off. I hope Im wrong and will see how you get on.
Theres lots of stuff that works, its making your head work that matters. I use simple methods that work time after time and will always post my trades live on any thread,but still managed to wipe out 3 months worth of profits through ill discipline in July:mad:.
if linden court had a simple set up that worked on a regular basis, I would be deligted to have much of the thought process out of my trading:)

The free daily system has familiar simple elements - define trend using a longish MA, then set up a trigger indicator (this one uses stochastic, others use RSI, MACD etc.) to get you in in line with the trend, set a target and a stop-loss: then let the system work. I have no doubt that with sensibly placed stops and targets, and rational money management, any such system would work.

Ivan
Its great to find people who share similare values,most of my posts are aimed that those wolves in sheeps clothing. I do however fail to see how you conclude that Mr Charts and trader Dante are able traders. They are both extremely knowledgable chaps,but that does not make them good traders.
You may be correct LF. I used them as examples of members who seem to truly want to make a difference ... whether this is the case is a matter of perception. I have not read all of their postings, but the bits I did read were good.

As will always be the case, when you begin to construct a list of people who have done something contributory, you risk alienating others who also deserve their place on the list, but have been accidentally overlooked, or overlooked through ignorance (in my case).

In my post I was pointing out that Lindencourt may well be just another of those people we try to ward others off. I hope Im wrong and will see how you get on.
Theres lots of stuff that works, its making your head work that matters. I use simple methods that work time after time and will always post my trades live on any thread,but still managed to wipe out 3 months worth of profits through ill discipline in July:mad:.
I take your point - and it is a valid approach to be sure. But I have been watching this on another forum, and it appears to be quite outstanding - in the same way that ProFx was outstanding for a couple of months, before the choppy markets damaged its rep.

I agree with your view that it's what goes on in your head that matters. I hope to get into some of this in this thread as we proceed, and I look forward to your straight views on it. Thanks for your honesty ... I too am still trying to get my act together, but I am getting closer to the psychological victory that will make the difference. Your mention of that word "discipline" or more accurately "ill-discipline" is telling. I think it is a word that is frequently thrown into a discussion, but rarely explained.

Most people wouldn't understand what "discipline in trading" means, as opposed to "discipline in the home". Indeed, it took me quite a while before I recognised that my own problem was my inner rebelliousness, and that it was this that was beating me - me - not the markets. Hope to expand on that as we go too.

if linden court had a simple set up that worked on a regular basis, I would be deligted to have much of the thought process out of my trading:)
Read on LF ... that simple setup is right there. And I believe the results will reflect it. If not, then the thread will NOT be for nothing - we WILL have learned something.

I am hoping in this thread we can dispel myth and shovel away BS.
We can kick @$$ and take names later ... but we need to move to the truth about trading.

The thread is about Andrew Searle's Lindencourt Method, but the method is NOT the true focus of what can be achieved here. Yes, I hope to show that it can be (and in fact IS) profitable. But we need to address the reasons WHY some followers of the method STILL CAN NOT MAKE IT WORK.

It is the simplest and the best I have seen so far, and it does work.

It is not my most comfortable TF, but the psychology of successful trading is brought into sharp focus in the short TF. It really is about being quick ... or dead! I prefer my Rainbow Method (Daily and Weekly) but for now I am not trading it - too busy with other projects and the usual work issues.

But we should see things unfold in this thread that will address many shortcomings in the Forex Retail industry, if you are bold enough to speak up.

And Trade2Win needs to be more than a vehicle for traders to air their spleens ... I believe T2W needs to assume a more proactive role than it does, and I hope we can tell management as we go, what is wrong with the forum, as well as what is good about it.

Andrew Searle may not like his method being used as a "model" for trading, but he should be pleased that he has earned my respect (not that I am anybody), and that his method is seen as worthy of the title "Successful".

Again, I would ask that traders do not reveal the specifics of the method out of respect for the author, but feel free to give setups and explanations of ambiguity as it arises.

That's the way to learn.

The free daily system has familiar simple elements - define trend using a longish MA, then set up a trigger indicator (this one uses stochastic, others use RSI, MACD etc.) to get you in in line with the trend, set a target and a stop-loss: then let the system work. I have no doubt that with sensibly placed stops and targets, and rational money management, any such system would work.

yeah it looks good on a daily,but then again,most systems work on dailies with as you say proper management( ive never managed to wait that long) We need some opinions on the 15 min method.

Ok, my reason for looking at Lindencourt is I have a friend who is looking for a simple method he can use as a newbie trader. Ive just persuaded him to send back ultimate forex programme(although he still thinks its good) and also got him to look at 3 ducks,but that is too desctretionary. I will recommend that he looks at Lindencourt and spends the £100 for the PDF. If he does I will do as I do in all my threads,call out my trades on that method live and in real time. if its good or even 1/2 good I will send off a £100 to mr searle as well.

Trade2Win, with 200,000+ members, *should* by now have a branded and proprietary method of trading - the "T2W System" or something ... but they don't.
Hi Ivan,
I can imagine a lot of members reading this and thinking what a great idea - why doesn't T2W have its very own system? Unfortunately, it simply wouldn't work and would lead to all manner of arguments for all sorts of reasons. Here's the first three that spring to mind . . .
1. T2W members post their own methodologies every day, how do we go about selecting just one worthy of being called 'The T2W System'? For every member that thinks it's brilliant, five others will think it's pants. Of course, we could start from scratch, but how would we decide who creates the system and how do we decide whether or not it's any good and worthy of it's lofty title?
2. It wouldn't serve any useful purpose. If there was such a system, it would imply that it was better, more profitable and / or simpler to implement than most of the others on the site - and beyond. There's no way anyone could ever make such a claim about any methodology. Doing so would not be helpful to members and the site would be in breach of its own objectives.
3. One man's meat is another man's poison, what works for me may not work for you - and visa versa. As Lord Flasheart correctly points out in his last post, "Theres lots of stuff that works, its making your head work that matters." Inevitably, lots of people would try the system, have some losing trades - maybe lots of losing trades - and conclude that it doesn't work. Next thing you know, the T2W legal team have a compensation claim on their hands. Nightmare!
I won't go on as this is a bit of a red herring and not the subject of your thread, but I felt a reply was warranted as you've emphasized the point in your OP. If you (or anyone else) wishes to pursue the subject, you could ask the Mods to start a new thread.
Cheers,
Tim.

Good luck with the thread Ivan ( hope you have got a thick skin and loads of patience )

I suppose it works for the S&P 500 too ? which I trade

Hi Tim

What about a T2win live call room where traders and vendors can call trades according to their methods. I suppose the truth is you dont want to do this because so few systems work and the vendors wouldnt do it. But you could do it for the members so we could all look at the systems in real time.

Hi Ivan,
I can imagine a lot of members reading this and thinking what a great idea - why doesn't T2W have its very own system? Unfortunately, it simply wouldn't work and would lead to all manner of arguments for all sorts of reasons. Here's the first three that spring to mind . . .
1. T2W members post their own methodologies every day, how do we go about selecting just one worthy of being called 'The T2W System'? For every member that thinks it's brilliant, five others will think it's pants. Of course, we could start from scratch, but how would we decide who creates the system and how do we decide whether or not it's any good and worthy of it's lofty title?
2. It wouldn't serve any useful purpose. If there was such a system, it would imply that it was better, more profitable and / or simpler to implement than most of the others on the site - and beyond. There's no way anyone could ever make such a claim about any methodology. Doing so would not be helpful to members and the site would be in breach of its own objectives.
3. One man's meat is another man's poison, what works for me may not work for you - and visa versa. As Lord Flasheart correctly points out in his last post, "Theres lots of stuff that works, its making your head work that matters." Inevitably, lots of people would try the system, have some losing trades - maybe lots of losing trades - and conclude that it doesn't work. Next thing you know, the T2W legal team have a compensation claim on their hands. Nightmare!
I won't go on as this is a bit of a red herring and not the subject of your thread, but I felt a reply was warranted as you've emphasized the point in your OP. If you (or anyone else) wishes to pursue the subject, you could ask the Mods to start a new thread.
Cheers,
Tim.

Ok ... and thank you Tim

This is the reason many traders who find "good" methods like the Lindencourt, want to talk about them, and why occasionally/frequently spammers get stuck into the forum.

At least T2W is gracious enough to allow a Commercial section where we can discuss proprietary methods.

I have not provided a link to Lindencourt ... but that is not the purpose of the thread - traders can decide to Google what they want.

But I still believe T2W needs to do more than create a "working model" (read: forum machine) and then just sit back and moderate it.

There is work to do, and I hope someone in your quarter has the ticker to realise what I am referring to here.

Be brave ... there are ways to do things that place you above litigation ... the word "disclaimer" comes to mind ... and that is what goes on in threads . T2W warns us that what is posted is not necessarily reflective of management views yada yada.

This is not finished - I do not accept that T2W can not come up with a good proprietary method that can be branded - you do promote a couple of platforms for your advertisers/sponsors ... why not a trading method?

I'll create one for you ... but it'll cost you! :)

Hi Ivan & Lord Flasheart,
I don't want to reply to your individual points here as they are not germane to the subject of the thread. That said, I and the admin' team welcome any suggestions as to how to make the site better, more interesting and a more helpful resource for its members. With this in mind, I urge either or both of you to start a thread in the Feedback forum along the lines you mention, to get a discussion going.
;)
Tim.

There used to be a regular thread about trading the Dow Jones on an intraday basis. Usually started by Racer ( been gone for a couple of years now ).
The fighting got so intense it folded unfortunately

There used to be a regular thread about trading the Dow Jones on an intraday basis. Usually started by Racer ( been gone for a couple of years now ).
The fighting got so intense it folded unfortunately

Yes Pat ... I don't expect any antagonism on this thread - contributors are expected to have a positive outlook, or just continue what they are currently doing.

Unfortunately I am doing a spate of 12hr shifts, and although I am at work while most of the UK and USA sessions are en train I can occasionally log in and comment. That is not the case right now - it's getting to 5.45am here, and another busy shift about to become even busier!

But in about 10 hrs time I hope to begin posting pseudo-charts which will not reveal the LC method, but should pinpoint entry/exits for the previous 24 hrs on the 15M TF. I have recently purchased the method after hearing so much from my mate, and having the privilege of seeing his charts. So will be able to talk about setups and activity from personal experience as it happens.

Nice to have you on the thread ... enjoy your posts over on the "J.O.T.D" thread.

Best wishes

Ivan

:sleep:Good luck with the 12hr shifts and look forward to reading more when you get some more free time. Thanks

Ive now had time to evaluate the Lindencourt method a little. I looked at over a period of 2 months on the gbp/usd and eur/usd(15m). I only ever manually backtest as it is more realistic. Im sure mechanically testing this would show better results.
If you were to take every entry as described in the method it would be a losing system in the long run. However no system should really be used like that.If the entry bar suddenly shoots up 15 pips would you be wise to get in?,NO, clearly not. What I did find that by being selective on entry good results look apparent. Taking the trades when the MAs are close on both seemed to show much better results. The +10/-10 on the rsi is a resonable add on condition. The money management methods described seem good enough so its really down to the user to make it pay. Its not the sort of system I use,I dont really trade Like that,but for anyone wanting a system,it has to be said its condition for entry are precise and Im sure some well disciplined traders will be able to make it pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.