An easy question for you pro's.

andrewh25

21 0
Hi all,

Can you please tell me how I can trade Nasdaq stocks on a margin, I can trade the NDX 100 stocks like AMZN but others like MENT and the like are not covered in Finspreads and/or CFD accounts. Although all have 0.5+ billion Market cap sometimes Fins and CFD companies cannot give me a spread. What other ways are there to trade on a margin?

Thank you.
Andrew.

wysinawyg

186 1
If you open an IB account they'll give you 4:1 as I understand it (as should most US brokers). Don't think there are many places you can get anything better without exorbitant costs.

wysi

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 5
Hi Andrew

Welcome to T2W :)

The ratio means you get 4 times the buying power. Say you had £1000 in your account. It would allow you to buy £4000 worth of shares.

The only problem with IB is that your limited to 3 day trades a week unless you have a PDT account which requires you to have $25k in the account. :(

Hope this helps

stevem12

135 1
Put in $25,000 they will let you play as though you have $100,000 :D

This only applies to $25+, less than that they only give you 2X.

Also you need at least $25 to daytrade US stocks due to the patern Day Trader regs.

DOH! Slow trigger finger again, story of my life! :D

andrewh25

21 0
Thanks for the replies,

I understand the spreadbetting companies that place a minimum on stocks to give a spread. This is based on 0.5 billion market cap or more but they also say that it has to be liquid to a certain point and it is done on a case by case basis. Is there anyway of knowing if a stock is likely to be traded on SB rather than just checking market cap for min and then phoning them?

Thank you.
Andrew.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock