An easy question for you pro's.

andrewh25

Hi all,

Can you please tell me how I can trade Nasdaq stocks on a margin, I can trade the NDX 100 stocks like AMZN but others like MENT and the like are not covered in Finspreads and/or CFD accounts. Although all have 0.5+ billion Market cap sometimes Fins and CFD companies cannot give me a spread. What other ways are there to trade on a margin?

Thank you.
Andrew.

If you open an IB account they'll give you 4:1 as I understand it (as should most US brokers). Don't think there are many places you can get anything better without exorbitant costs.

wysi

Hi Andrew

Welcome to T2W :)

The ratio means you get 4 times the buying power. Say you had £1000 in your account. It would allow you to buy £4000 worth of shares.

The only problem with IB is that your limited to 3 day trades a week unless you have a PDT account which requires you to have $25k in the account. :(

Hope this helps

Put in $25,000 they will let you play as though you have $100,000 :D

This only applies to $25+, less than that they only give you 2X.

Also you need at least $25 to daytrade US stocks due to the patern Day Trader regs.

DOH! Slow trigger finger again, story of my life! :D

Thanks for the replies,

I understand the spreadbetting companies that place a minimum on stocks to give a spread. This is based on 0.5 billion market cap or more but they also say that it has to be liquid to a certain point and it is done on a case by case basis. Is there anyway of knowing if a stock is likely to be traded on SB rather than just checking market cap for min and then phoning them?

Thank you.
Andrew.