Amplify Trading-my journey

Hey pboyles,
Based on your response, I am afraid my intent is misinterpreted.
My original question was about the size of his book, or at least the risk levels he is allowed to reach, both on the downside and the upside. When I reformulated to ask how much money one can expect to make, this is assuming that one makes money and goes on to obtain a permanent seat. If anything that should allow for an even better advertisement of the company if he can mention that when successful and offered a permanent role, one can de facto expect to have recouped part of the fee even before the end of the training period.
So I was not chasing a "you an expect to be a millionaire by month 6" type of answer from him, which is what you thought it seems. Hope I contextualised it better now. I am just trying to establish whether the 50% profit-sharing promise during the training period can actually amount to something tangible, even if not significant.
:)

hey,

pboyles is actually a fellow trainee on the same intake as me.

your only trading a 1 lot during the first 4 months, so whether you make any money at the end really depends on how consistent you are.so if you make 1000 dollars at the end of the month then you will get 50% of that.

hope that helps.

TB

hey,

pboyles is actually a fellow trainee on the same intake as me.

your only trading a 1 lot during the first 4 months, so whether you make any money at the end really depends on how consistent you are.so if you make 1000 dollars at the end of the month then you will get 50% of that.

hope that helps.

TB

Thats great. Thank you and keep up.
:)

Cqg

Unfortunately my question seems to have been missed, due to the little squabble .....

TraderB - Out of interest ............. Did you find much difference in performance between demo and live trading via CQG - i.e. where fill times slower in the live market ? Any slippage etc ?

THanks

Unfortunately my question seems to have been missed, due to the little squabble .....

TraderB - Out of interest ............. Did you find much difference in performance between demo and live trading via CQG - i.e. where fill times slower in the live market ? Any slippage etc ?

THanks

Hey,

well with the LIVE platform its harder to get filled thats for sure, with r.e to slippage, i havent experienced it myself yet, but dont know if my fellow trainees have?

hope that helps.

TB

Cqg

Hey,

well with the LIVE platform its harder to get filled thats for sure, with r.e to slippage, i havent experienced it myself yet, but dont know if my fellow trainees have?

hope that helps.

TB

Thanks for the reply TB - So there's a fairly significant amount of time to get filled on limit orders - Does it change with volatility ?

(I mean does it change with the amount of volume being traded)

The reason I ask, is that I have been trialing CQG similar to yourself, but only with the demo feed - I'm wondering if the difference in fill time between demo and live impacts performance to any significant degree ?

Last edited:
well i am sure you would get filled fairly quickly and you don't need to worry about slippage unless you are trading a significant number of lots (10 or even 100 and above you wouldn't need to worry about in highly liquid markets such as ftse, s&p, dow futures etc)

well i am sure you would get filled fairly quickly and you don't need to worry about slippage unless you are trading a significant number of lots (10 or even 100 and above you wouldn't need to worry about in highly liquid markets such as ftse, s&p, dow futures etc)

Maybe not in the S+P, but there's no way you can get 100 lots of FTSE100 or dow futures without getting slipped - just take a look at the ladders.

How much do amplify pay to keep these threads going?

I don't think they are paying, just my opinion.

If you read about them on their website, you will see on the link http://www.amplifytrading.com/site/page/index/Recent-Press-178, on 23/03/09 Smarta article you'll be redirect to 60 second start-up: Amplify Trading and read: What’s the business model?5-10 seconds: Revenue from trader’s contribution to training costs and trader profit split....

Only for saying that they are splitting, and sharing them business model. If it works in both training people and let them trade with their money what's wrong?

I hope some day TB will edit track records, but not only the chronicle of what has been done during these months, but a genuine monthly statement as my Clearing Firm send me when I'm active on the market. But we must wait live trading activity will go ahead.

About the negative comments, please, post in other thread on the forum. Open your discussion and make positive or negative comments about everything you want, but here.
This is HIS journal, why will continue to send negative comments?

What will you say I'm affiliate or related with Amplify, too? :cool: LOL
I'm not related to anyone in this or other forums. I'm only trying to read the trip of this guy on his trading experience.

and yes AANB, when the my four months is up i will ask for a full break down of my PnL on my LIVE trading and post it on this thread and FANX mate, glad to see some people with sense.

SO what happens when your '4 months' is up ?

2 things really, your either good and they ask you to stay on in which case you pay your desk fees every month and work towards moving inhouse or your not so good and you part ways,either you got it or you don't........

2 things really, your either good and they ask you to stay on in which case you pay your desk fees every month and work towards moving inhouse or your not so good and you part ways,either you got it or you don't........

Ok, Good luck ! Sound's like you're doing well.

Looks like THEY are on a lot of winners as well !!