Amplify Trading-my journey

Hi,

Just read all your posts, really well done!

I was just wondering since the course if taught online, what kind of equipment Amplify suggest?

Powerful computer + 4 screens, business level internet?

Hi Fourje

To be honest as you are only trading one product S&P 500 I intially used my 17" lap top with an extra 22" screen I then added a computor and screen as back up should one of the computors went down... I do have high speed broadband but depends how good you provider is.

neen looking away butg ****ing atgtradcted tomthis

**** YOU LOT MORONS

YOU'RE RETARDS

IDIOTS!!!!!

Hello my fellow traders.....

just wanted to say thanks for all your PM's and that i will get back to each and everyone but due to work commitments and me falling asleep as soon as i get home it can take some time....but i will reply back!

anyway, happy trading all...........and remember your STOP LOSS!!!!hahahaha........

Traderboi out...........

Thank you for sharing your experience with Amplify. How are you going in your trading? Are you now earning a good living?
Are you happy with your decision to become a trader?

hey,

pboyles is actually a fellow trainee on the same intake as me.

your only trading a 1 lot during the first 4 months, so whether you make any money at the end really depends on how consistent you are.so if you make 1000 dollars at the end of the month then you will get 50% of that.

hope that helps.

TB

Hey pboyles, what is your opinion about the training?

hey shewolf,

sorry for late reply, dont come on much these days, every now and again when i have time more like.

but yeah, im happy with my decision and yes im earning a good living from trading now.

Amplify was big gamble for me back then as it was a new company with no reputation and at the time there was alot of bad press about prop houses that offer training in exchange for a fee but then shut up shop and of course the general public tainted Amplify with the same brush. The sole reason for my writing this blog/journal was to show people that Amplify was indeed genuine and to also give an insight from a newbie point of view. But of course you will get TROLLs in every industry so it was no surprise people were berating Amplify from the offset, funny thing now though is the fact that they are still here after 2 years and growing each and every year.

Though I am no longer with them, Amplify opened doors for me due to there training to places that wouldn't have been possible prior to my undertaking of the course.You get genuine market experience which is better than any theory. Not too sure of there set up now but i'm sure things have changed significantly since and most importantly, Amplify have proven to that they are the real deal and not out to make a quick buck. I have not heard of one person who has been with them that has accused them of being rip off merchants.But even now after 2 years you still get people putting them down for one reason or another, you can't just please everyone. But anyway, sorry for going off topic.

To the people who are reading this blog, i sincerely hope that if your considering a career in trading that you do your due diligence and make a INFORMED decision rather than one based on hear'say. There are rumours of someone/companies being bad in very sector, but it is up to yourself to do your research and make a decision based on your findings. I took a gamble with Amplify when they first opened shop and wrote this blog, thankfully it worked out and i didnt get egg on my face!

I sincerely hope that this blog has given newbies an insight to what Amplify does and what one can expect though having said that, things will have changed alot as i was part of the first batch to sign up so not too sure how the course is run now but im sure it won't be too different from my time there

Happy trading and remember your STOP LOSS!

Traderboi out!

so you trading with amplify boi?

Must say that is a better result than I was expecting, and I'm prepared to eat some of my previous cynical words...

Just a quick one, anyone know where i can get hold of the Million Dollar Traders Videos? The BBC 1 series that was on 2 years ago with Lex van dam and Anton kreil? Post a link here if anyone knows......cheers in advance

so you trading with amplify boi?

Must say that is a better result than I was expecting, and I'm prepared to eat some of my previous cynical words...

I'm a at japanese investment bank at the mo Arabian,been here over 1year now, it was because of my experience with Amp that i got it......well, that and the fact that i had a relative already working there, but the fact that i had market experience at a prop house helped alot.(y)

But yeah, i remember 2 years ago when they first opened up shop, there were alot of doubters comparing them to "YOU KNOW WHO" prop shop, just goes to show that you can't paint everyone with the same brush.

Aye but be honest mate... amplify... how much of what they TAUGHT was helpful, compared to just the general soaking in the market, learnign of jargon from others on nearby desks, squawk, etc etc that was around there?

Serious question. I just thinking being immersed in the market far more important than anything you could have been taught. But would be interested to know :)

P.S. If you're doing anything rates related pm me, confidence assured ;)

Aye but be honest mate... amplify... how much of what they TAUGHT was helpful, compared to just the general soaking in the market, learnign of jargon from others on nearby desks, squawk, etc etc that was around there?

Serious question. I just thinking being immersed in the market far more important than anything you could have been taught. But would be interested to know :)

P.S. If you're doing anything rates related pm me, confidence assured ;)

Put it this way, it was the fact that i had access to someone that already was a trader with years of experience that i could speak to on a daily basis which accelerated my learning, yeah i already knew the jargon and stuff through my own learning but It was the mentor access which was invaluable, whereas with a book you can't do that .And yeah of course I also learnt stuff from my fellow traders.

And yeah I'm all for being immersed in the market rather than classroom theory. Discipline can't be taught, it has to be honed, and you can't do that in a classroom, a book or paper trading, same goes for trading strategies, the only way your gona know if it works or not is if you actually trade, and not just a paper account.a real account. The feeling you get from trading a real account and a paper account is just two totally different experiences. And that's what Amplify teaches, it wasn't just theories of selling when you hit your resistance levels etc, they encourage you to develop your own strategies and to implement them in a real live market. Having said that, if your a newbie and have limited experience in trading and you trade live then it could be a disaster ....as i did. I think thats where Amplify fills the gap, to educate the newbies at the start of a trading career and to give guidance and confidence to the said trader to help them develop.

P.S yeah, PM me mate let me know what you can do.:clap:

Speaking of the Million Dollar Traders Series.

Anton Kriel has now started the "Institute of Trading and Portfolio Management" which looks promising, given his successes which you turly get a sense of reading his bio page - he managed to retire at 28 having worked at Lehman and Goldman and being made Vice President of of JP Morgan European Equities.

However looking deeper I am disappointed at what he's come up with.....I think he should make some proper courses available like Amplify etc... as I think 2 hour seminars titled " Getting a Difinitive Edge in Trading" with cheesy videos are just really pointless as noone is gonna get an edge above the rest in 2 hours....

dnt believe all the hype about Anton....

and VP dont mean jack.......just another fancy name for "TEAM LEADER"!

Duly noted haha

Just out of curiosity....does anyone know if Lex Van Dam has made anything of himself?

Lex has just launched his own trading academy, can't remember what the website is, as well as continuing to manage his 1.5bn hedge fund.

@ traderboi29 good to hear back from you, been following this blog for a last couple of months! lol so did the Amplify trading experience allow you to get a front-office job at the japanese investment bank?

Lex has just launched his own trading academy, can't remember what the website is, as well as continuing to manage his 1.5bn hedge fund.

@ traderboi29 good to hear back from you, been following this blog for a last couple of months! lol so did the Amplify trading experience allow you to get a front-office job at the japanese investment bank?

hey, glad you liked it, whole point was to help newbies as i was a complete newbie back then. The experience i gained at Amp certainly helped, i already had contacts in the bank, it was just a case of showing that i had experience of trading in a Live market and understood the technicals/fundamentals etc.(y)

hey, glad you liked it, whole point was to help newbies as i was a complete newbie back then. The experience i gained at Amp certainly helped, i already had contacts in the bank, it was just a case of showing that i had experience of trading in a Live market and understood the technicals/fundamentals etc.(y)

Thats awesome, yeh, i'm going to do the Amplify trading, the only problem is that maths isn't exactly my strong point, does this matter? So what are you trading now, the same instruments or doing other products?

Thats awesome, yeh, i'm going to do the Amplify trading, the only problem is that maths isn't exactly my strong point, does this matter? So what are you trading now, the same instruments or doing other products?

good on you for taking action. tbh mate, being good or having a A* in maths is a myth, sure you will need to be able to do the odd sums and multiply, but it is all basic stuff, trading is about developing the attitude and discipline to follow through on your trading plan and to learn to be able to dissect information quickly and effectively as well as making a decision without hesitation and most importantly having conviction in your trade.

different places will have different entry requirements, but generally if you show a place a PnL of consistent profits during a 1year period do you really think they would be bothered about you being good at maths?thb mate,my maths is average, yeah i know my %, multiplies etc but anything deeper such as algebra and quantum physics then you've lost me, not that you need that anyway but you get my point.

im on a pan euro desk covering equities using a top down macro view for choosing stocks. anyways, i dont come on here much these days, just get replies in my email and i try to reply when i can so im not ignoring people........had to get that one in!

anyway, good luck........