Am I too old to start trading for a Market Maker?

roger_taum

Hi,

I am 33 and I am considering a career as a trader in a MM firm. I do not have problems with working long hours under a constant stress. Do you think I am too old to apply for a training position and what is the max age if any? Thanks.

just from my experience over 90% are in their 20's, but then there is always about 1 out of 50 that is some old guy, that hangs in there and does ok, so if you think that old guy is you, then go for it.

and I have seen a couple people pick it up in a few months, and make millions their first year.
so I always figured even if your chance of success is small, you could be that one in a million who gets paid off big.

just from my experience over 90% are in their 20's, but then there is always about 1 out of 50 that is some old guy, that hangs in there and does ok, so if you think that old guy is you, then go for it.

and I have seen a couple people pick it up in a few months, and make millions their first year.
so I always figured even if your chance of success is small, you could be that one in a million who gets paid off big.

Thanks a million, mate. I will give it a try. The good news is there are no age restrictions.

Roger, I'm in my fifties and only recently started (full-time) on that road (day trading futures for a Prop Firm). Don't know what's involved working for a MM but if it's anything like trading futures, the stress levels will be high high high, and the pressure to perform, considerable. Providing you feel confident within yourself that you can deliver, and that you can move beyond stress and control your emotional side, there's no reason why you shouldn't have a go. Age and life experience is always an advantage. Good luck mate.