Risk Appetite of a market maker?

jackytam

So What should be the risk appetite for a market maker like?

I would say a good market maker should have good self-discipline(i assume it applied to all traders)

Should market maker be more risk averse? as you dont want to hold a large position to become a speculator...

Any more requirement to be a good market maker? i mean in personal quality.. like quick thinking and response..

I am going to an interview this week. So any comment would be much appreciated!!

risk appetite is very low, at the end of the day your job as a mm isnt to run positions trying to profit off your own proprietary trading, its to make markets off the bid and offer of products and once a position is on its near enough straight back out.

you have to have appetite for risk otherwise you would make markets so wide nobody would trade on them .that said you have to make money form two things:

a) your fundamental position
b) the spread. i.e getting out of (reducing your risk) as quickly as possible for a profit.

being able to think quick and have a good memory are probably two of the more important skills. i don't think either can be taught