Am I being naive

So I took the plunge to sign up to a broker. I received an e-mail welcoming me on-board. A person in the company decides to set up a time where we will talk on the phone . he tells me he is a technical analyst. MY question is every time I have had a consultation with him , he asks to use a program called "Any Desk " ( which allows remote control of your PC). Is this common practise to do so, as I am a bit wary of this line of play. He then always finishs the chat by placing a sell order. Please advise. Kind regards in advance.

A few firms seem to do this. But there is no need for anyone to access your PC to place trades for you or to teach you how to trade. I would never let the broker access my PC.

walk away now .....this is unethical , illegal and dangerous.....go find a decent broker that just lets you trade by yourself with no invasion of your privacy or legal rights

go to any big broker ...theres plenty here recommended if you look for the right threads

N

Leave that crap and don`t look back. There`s no point of everything you`ve explained. Find normal broker. Also i`m curious which is this broker?

yes name the broker.

my money is on banana republic/eastern european non regulated, at a stretch CySEC entity if regulated but still ultimately banana republic/eastern european in origin.

my money is them not being around in 12 months time ......

So I took the plunge to sign up to a broker. I received an e-mail welcoming me on-board. A person in the company decides to set up a time where we will talk on the phone . he tells me he is a technical analyst. MY question is every time I have had a consultation with him , he asks to use a program called "Any Desk " ( which allows remote control of your PC). Is this common practise to do so, as I am a bit wary of this line of play. He then always finishs the chat by placing a sell order. Please advise. Kind regards in advance.
This sounds a bit shady..... hope all is well now?

If a broker is trying to encourage you to place trades or give advice, that usually indicates shadiness... which broker was it please if i may ask ? Also did you check reviews of the broker on the Forex Peace Army review site????

Never,
Using Any Desk, you open the full access to your PC. Sometimes it could be not bad if you don’t understand how to work with any program. But in other way if manager try to get your bank data, documents or information about your incoming level don’t allow him to use it. There are many programs like Skype which you can use for a screen demonstration even on the smartphone. If Any Desk is so important for communication and trading don’t keep any documents on your laptop. Also you can delete the browser passwords. You should try to avoid using banking etc. during communication with this person. One more advise. Just tell him that you don’t want to use Any Desk. If everything is OK, he will agree with you. If not – just run away. This company is not a broker!!!

Never, never, never.