Am i being SCAMMED

Had the call last night ;)

Well went through the proceedure will be depositing money in my bank account soon, will be sending courier to pick up my share certificate etc etc, oh yes will require a insurance bond as security just in case I don't send my certificate in. Any way this went on for around 20mins until he asked "have I got any questions" I said actually yes just one "can you explain why there's two websites with exactly the same info, board of directors, contact address and oh yes why if you have been trading for 10 years was it that both web site domain names where registered on the 26th Jan 2009!" His response was "um I have to go now but will be in touch later this week....bye"
Guess what has an email this morning saying that "We regret to inform you that our client has withdrawn their bid for the acquisition of ********and as such all transactions are canceled."

Ah well was begining to enjoy it!

Any of you guys know the best way to report this scam?

Dcp511

Had the call last night ;)

oh yes why if you have been trading for 10 years was it that both web site domain names where registered on the 26th Jan 2009!"

Glad to see there's someone here using the domain registration analysis.

ALWAYS check out when the domain was first registered using this site Whois lookup and Domain name search.

If it's under 2 years (usually they're less than 6 months) then 99% SCAM

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED EVERYONE - IT ONLY TAKES ABOUT 5 MINUTES OF RESEARCH TO SPOT A SCAMMER..........

As I said before, I assume everyone is a scammer if I don't know him.

My FIL screams "Split, don't hang up!" :D

Split

Because the Nigerians are clever and have realised that there are so many gullible people in the West that think they can get rich quick for no work.

No, everyone knows there are plenty of gullible people around who want to get rich quick for no work. You don't need to be particularly clever to work this out. Neither do you need to be clever to come up with ways of getting these people to part with their cash.

Fortunately most people just don't want to stoop this low.

I think that a fool and his money are soon parted and it does not matter whether the scammer comes from Nigeria or not. A man is prone to act on what he believes and if he believes that he is being dealt a good deal by a trustworthy individual, then he is likely to be persuaded, for better or for worse.

When people like Madoff can persuade hardnosed bankers to invest in a pyramid scheme what chance do the rest of us have, if we are unlucky enough to have accounts with those banks?

The other side of the coin is that if there is no trust, then very little business can be done. Because of the greed culture that is in vogue, these days, mutual trust has been seriously damaged by giving loans to all and sundry. Now those who have years of sound business practice behind them are being refused loans by banks that have had their business accounts for decades and should know with whom they are dealing.

Should I feel sorry for her?

From Mrs.Sulak

I am the above named person, now undergoing medical treatment. I was married to late Engr M.N Sulak who worked With the Embassy for Nine years.

We were married for eleven years without a child. My late husband Engr M.N Saluk died on the 24th of April 2006 after a brief illness that lasted for only four Days. I decided not to re-marry or get a Child outside my matrimonial home, because as a good Christian my religion is agents it says the Bible and I lived a happy and good Christian life with my late husband.

When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of $22 Million (Twenty Two Million America Dollars) with one Finance house Presently in London.

I have been in the hospital for eight months suffering from cancer. The 1st surgery operation has been conducted and I still have the pains in me crying every day and night looking up to God to save cure me and save my life

Recently my Doctor told me that I may die any time any day because of my cancer sickness.

Having known my condition I decided to donate the $22 Million (Twenty Two Million America Dollars) my late husband deposited with a finance house in London to you a good organization that will utilize this fund very well by helping the less privilege. Like to the orphanages, Old people, homeless. I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this Fund.

I want you to always pray for me as I have no life again says my doctor. It will be my please to receive your good response and I will contact or direct you to my late husband attorney that will help you to secure this $22 Million (Twenty Two Million America Dollars) and I want you to assure me that you will use this $22 Million (Twenty Two Million America Dollars) to help the less privilege .

Am waiting for your respond. Please your responding to this mail, email me at [email protected]

God bless you and your good family

Mrs. Sulak

[email protected]
:LOL:

ok, thanks. didnt know whether it was genuine or not as i've heard of some scams but ive also heard people making good percentages every month., shame, would have been a good way to get some 'easy cash'. the guy is from nigeria, now i dont want to come across as racist or nothing but nigerians are always on the news with scamming articles and so on, why is it that there are so many scammers in nigeria, i may be wrong and obviously donty want to upset honest nigerians but surely you understand, so many come out the woodwork from there.

Well, Nigeria is ranked 142 in the CPI table of corrupt countries (2006) so I don't think you are saying anything out of place.
UK 11th, USA 20th
Finland 1st (least corrupt)

It reads just like that identity theft email spam I used to get - only the spelling's better. This guy can't even give you an email address supplied by his ISP or belonging to a legit website for his business!(n) That alone should sound the alarm.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

A while back I watched a fantastiv Video on Trade2win about a Scammer cold calling and getting a very commical response making out to be calling a murder scene, I cannot locate this video, anyone know where I can find this?

Cheers

Phil

Well, Nigeria is ranked 142 in the CPI table of corrupt countries (2006) so I don't think you are saying anything out of place.
UK 11th, USA 20th
Finland 1st (least corrupt)

how the F can you measure corruption? Isn't it secret? They're probably talking about corruption in sh*t that doesn't matter.

You tell me why USA is only 20th when Halliburton is still going strong.

it's not necessery a scamer but I am afraid you 've been scammed, for sure the sender wasn't the Watanabe of Nomura and it's obvious the sender's email address wasn't [email protected] . The dream of any looser is one day to deal with other people money this was the good scenario one more Nigerian who wish to make some pocket money, the bad scenario is to be contacted from a pro broker who just want to manipulate your funds, and finally the proper commission for this kind of services is 20% and not 30% and some times for big accounts it can be 0,1%

kind regards
netscC415

p.s. feel free to contact me if you want to manage your account for free the first week and then 15% commission :) LOL ((just kidding :))

When people like Madoff can persuade hardnosed bankers to invest in a pyramid scheme what chance do the rest of us have, if we are unlucky enough to have accounts with those banks?

the banks and funds giving people's money to madoff knew something was up, but as long as they were getting paid and somebody else was taking the fall they wern't bothered
which is apparntly ok ethics to have these days