Alternative Investments

robertbanking

Hello, hope you are doing well.

I am wanting to learn more about alternative investments to stock investing, i find it very interesting. With the easy access savings account in the UK offering less than 1% i wanted to look at other options. Does anyone kindly know any other alternative investments like wine, gold, art please and where to invest in this please? Does anyone kindly have any ideas or experience with alternative investments please?

Thank you for any replies and advice you can give, even if its only brief. Thank you very much. Have a super weekend!

Does anyone kindly have any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful please? Even if its just a short reply i am really keen to hear peoples thoughts. Thank you so much and hope you are all doing well.

Why dont' you answer to your previous discussions about IPOs ... Cryptos ... and longterm holding stocks?
Are you a real user?

There isn't a unique investment which is guaranteed to be worth significantly more on a given date in 10 or 20 years' time than it is today. That applies to an individual company's stock as much as it does to a particular artist's work. By which time its too late to change your selection.

Trading, whether its shares, wine, paintings or jewellery, offers a continuous income with a better possibility of positive net result.

Search this forum or Google and you can find your desired answer about your question.

There isn't a unique investment which is guaranteed to be worth significantly more on a given date in 10 or 20 years' time than it is today. That applies to an individual company's stock as much as it does to a particular artist's work. By which time its too late to change your selection.

Trading, whether its shares, wine, paintings or jewellery, offers a continuous income with a better possibility of positive net result.

Completely agree, there is no short cut or golden bullet no matter what you do there will be risk and a need for patience. I am looking into wine and whisky atm but i fully expect there to be a long learning curve similar to trading

Completely agree, there is no short cut or golden bullet no matter what you do there will be risk and a need for patience. I am looking into wine and whisky atm but i fully expect there to be a long learning curve similar to trading
Either way you're going to have an interesting and hopefully pleasurable road ahead. It would be great if you would at some point in the future post up a progress report.

Either way you're going to have an interesting and hopefully pleasurable road ahead. It would be great if you would at some point in the future post up a progress report.

Of course no problem at all, just doing lots of research at the moment once i have my feet on the ground and something worthy to post i will keep you updated

Whisky looks a good one actually. Something I am looking at too.

It's "well known" - unless you don't, that India and surprisingly Turkey have given good returns recently. Look at ETFs. Jupiter India is one. From memory about 40% over the last year
Hidden Gems are all very well, but when there are a few under everyone's nose?:

1707009260130.png