Alpari discussion and help thread

terriegym

Ive came back to my computer and Alpari have closed all my trades, loosing over $1000 off of my current balance, anyone got any idea what may have happened!!! they arent answering the phone!!

Ive came back to my computer and Alpari have closed all my trades, loosing over $1000 off of my current balance, anyone got any idea what may have happened!!! they arent answering the phone!!

Same thing has happened to me... trying to open a trade manually it says that trading is disabled...

they closed my eur/usd gbp/usd when i was in the kitchen and a few seconds later my usd/jpy disappeared in front of my eyes!!!

probably a computer error or worse a cyber attack. Probably too busy to answer the call. It normally works out ok. its happened to me in the past and the broker has settled in my favour.

probably a computer error or worse a cyber attack. Probably too busy to answer the call. It normally works out ok. its happened to me in the past and the broker has settled in my favour.

I hope so, have just come back into trading after a while. done quite well in last 3 weeks. this has really upset me now!
:(

Thankfully I was up at the time.

Bigger issue is that I run an EA on a number of pairs which takes a couple of weeks to dial in and so I'll be starting from scratch again. And might end up absorbing a few losses for a couple of weeks before seeing profit again... Which is annoying :/

Maybe something to do with yesterday's news...?

i had a floating loss that i was going to work on today. and just put my morning trades on which every one have now gone in my favour, but seeing as they got shut down thats no bloody help, guess ill start again then!

"Retail client funds continue to be segregated in accordance with FCA rules. - See more at: http://www.alpari.co.uk/client-updates/notifications/posts/2015/january/important-announcement#sthash.bj8gELei.dpuf"

Not sure how this actually works... how quick you can get money out etc...

surely the losses have to be taken out first.

they close your trades off profit/loss then you get paid back under fsa rules which covers about 40000 i think

Someone said that the market moved before the announcement,I cant see that anywhere,can anyone?

Retail funds are segregated,but sure that all loses have to be honoured a t the best prices they could get at the time. Only those that werent in a trade will be ok?

i haven't seen any unusual movement this morning!! gotta get my capital back, its all i have! :-(