Trading ideas

badtrader

Established member
Who would give they trading ideas on this thread.I have already given one,called the Moon River method,which does work and have made over a 1000 Dow point on just 10 trades, :D but I know nobody will trade it. Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.

I remembered a quote from a world top trader. he said something like, I could post my method in the wall street journal. but I know nobody would follow it or if they did, after a few loosing trades, they jump to a new idea or method.Lets see how this thread pans out.

Hey Badtrader there is a silent majority out there who appreciate your posts. I for one fully intend to try a little moonlighting come the 16th of the month and I know of a couple more. Ouspenski and Gann both loved the moon as did LW

"The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity."
-- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

badtrader said:
I remembered a quote from a world top trader. he said something like, I could post my method in the wall street journal. but I know nobody would follow it or if they did, after a few loosing trades, they jump to a new idea or method.
Badtrader,
I think the quote you're referring to is from Jack Schwager's 'Market Wizards'. He quoted Richard Dennis - creator of the 'Turtle Trading System' - as saying:
"I always say that you could publish my trading rules in the newspaper and no one would follow them. The key is consistency and discipline. Almost anybody can make up a list of rules that are 80% as good as what we taught our people. What we couldn't do is give them the confidence to stick to those rules even when things are going bad."
I know this link has been posted before, but it seems appropriate to this thread as well:
http://www.originalturtles.org
Tim.