All you need to trade is a horizontal line - TheRumpledOne

if the strategy is any good surly it should be able to cope with many trades provided one keeps within the rules?

Id say thats true!.:)

One is really trying to avoid taking positions at extremes, this is where all the spikes take you out for a loss.

Why? Wouldnt it be better to concentrate your efforts at extremes and examine different ways of controling costs? A 6pip hard stop is very tight in EurUsd, Using any strat.

I myself am very skeptical about this system!

Id say youd every right to be.:)

Just mho.
All the best.

Hi Guys!

I have been reading this thread with great interest mostly because of a webinar by the folks @ trade the markets. The webinar was of a system called Directional Day Filter by John Clayberg. Both systems have quite a bit in common, except I think Clayburg's might involve less trading and have a better R/R ratio. I tried Clayburg's system on a Demo Spot account but the win/loss ratio was unsatisfactory for me. However it did have merit, but not enough to trade Spot live.

If some of you have an interest in the DDF, here is a link to the recording.

https://admin.acrobat.com/_a734860643/p42071102/

Hope This Helps!

hi dbp,

what are your thoughts on the buyzone?

as you only trade price, could you give me one example of a set-up you may use just so I can see the differences between types of trading. thankyou

jason

Hi Guys!

I have been reading this thread with great interest mostly because of a webinar by the folks @ trade the markets. The webinar was of a system called Directional Day Filter by John Clayberg. Both systems have quite a bit in common, except I think Clayburg's might involve less trading and have a better R/R ratio. I tried Clayburg's system on a Demo Spot account but the win/loss ratio was unsatisfactory for me. However it did have merit, but not enough to trade Spot live.

If some of you have an interest in the DDF, here is a link to the recording.

https://admin.acrobat.com/_a734860643/p42071102/

Hope This Helps!

Hi da-net,
I took a look at the video and it's very interesting, although I must admit I had to abandon it 3/4 of the way through as it was pushing quite late here.

The statistical analysis approach was also adopted by TRO I believe in designing his BZ strategy.

Best Regards,
Neil

Last edited:
Hi Bansir,

You probably only missed the marketing stuff, which may be a blessing.

According to TRO on the Kreslik forums, he copied quite a few of their indicators and ideas. I don't know if his Buyzone is an original idea, copy or an adaption of the DDF perhaps Avery can shed some light on it.

From my perspective his Buyzone leads to over trading, whereas if someone were to use the DDF and add some filters it might make a fair mechanical system. If the win / loss ratio could be held to about 50/50 or better and through money management control the size of the losses I think profitability would be acceptable for a part time trader.

Hope This Helps!

jtrader, I don't even know why you bother posting in my threads.

No need to reply.. PLEASE!

Objectively speaking (as always), I would also suggest that your threads need as much user input/interest as possible. Because you have been asked quite a few important questions on this thread & the buyzone thread by several members, but you have chosen to completely ignore them........

Hi bansir

is there any reason why you have been demoing the BZ with oanda, bearing in mind that TRO advocates an ECN, such as EFX or CAPITALFOREXPRO?

From my perspective his Buyzone leads to over trading

Hi da-net,

I just don't get the concern with 'over trading' .
If it works why not trade it as much as possible? As long as you stick to the rules of course.

I'll have another look at the DDF link tonight.

Thanks for the background on the BZ.

Best Regards,
Neil

Hi bansir

is there any reason why you have been demoing the BZ with oanda, bearing in mind that TRO advocates an ECN, such as EFX or CAPITALFOREXPRO?

Hi JT,
Not really, I just happened to have the Oanda demo account set up and I find it really easy to use. It's making the trial a little tougher I suppose but that's probably no bad thing. Still need to check which of the ones you mention provide demo. accounts.

Cheers for now,
Neil

hi dbp,

what are your thoughts on the buyzone?

as you only trade price, could you give me one example of a set-up you may use just so I can see the differences between types of trading. thankyou

jason

Click the PV link below my name. The last post explains one set up. There may be others in the thread as well.

As for my thoughts on the buyzone and other systems of its kind, it would be rude of me to get into that here.

Db

I did actually intend to stop posting on TRO's BZ/lines threads, due to the fact that i did not have any intention to trade the buyzone. However, i forgot that i'd made this decision and continued posting!

But to summarise my opinions -
- 1:1 risk:reward with a similar % of winners to losers, will not make consistent net profits, as bansir is finding out now, with -3p for the week before last, & +2p for last week.
- If i were to try the BZ, i'd try tweaking it with something like using a +14-pip PT & 7-pip SL. At least this would improve the R:R aspect.
- I'd also add some trailing stop rules to this, to lock in smaller profits that didn't hit my PT, and to avoid the maximum loss.
-I'd also only trade the 1st 1-2 signals per hour/buyzone.

Last edited:
Didn't mean to imply that you were rude, JT. You have questions and comments. I have neither. I posted merely to lend what I thought might be a helping hand to bansir. Those who want to trade using the "buyzone" have my best wishes. :)

Didn't mean to imply that you were rude, JT. You have questions and comments. I have neither. I posted merely to lend what I thought might be a helping hand to bansir. Those who want to trade using the "buyzone" have my best wishes. :)

Hi DB, no the thought never crossed my mind that you'd have thought that. :).

I did actually intend to stop posting on TRO's BZ/lines threads, due to the fact that i did not have any intention to trade the buyzone. However, i forgot that i'd made this decision and continued posting!

But to summarise my opinions -
- 1:1 risk:reward with a similar % of winners to losers, will not make consistent net profits, as bansir is finding out now, with -3p for the week before last, & +2p for last week.
- If i were to try the BZ, i'd try tweaking it with something like using a +14-pip PT & 7-pip SL. At least this would improve the R:R aspect.
- I'd also add some trailing stop rules to this, to lock in smaller profits that didn't hit my PT, and to avoid the maximum loss.
-I'd also only trade the 1st 1-2 signals per hour/buyzone.

Hi JT, In the quest for more pips, maybe I could try out your parameters.
I can see how trading just the 1st 1-2 signals per hour would possibly reduce whipsaws. In fact this is what I was doing on the more successful days.

I guess this is where the 'over trading' term comes in, it's not really taking too many opportunities; it's more about taking them at the wrong time, in a congestion region.

I'll pop today's results up shortly.

Bye for now,
Neil

Buy Zone trades for Today
Monday 18th Feb : -7, -5, +8, -6, +11, +7, -6, -5, +5, -4, -6,-6,-6,-6
-26 pips from 14 trades.

The last run of losing trades were due to whipsaws although I could have got out of the last trade with +4 to +5p
The 2 losing trades just before the +5 were also due to the price breaking the zone in one direction and then flying back straight away to break the other zone.

I'm sticking to the rules quite rigidly; several times I've placed a trade where I would have had serious reservations when considering other factors such as S/R for example.

Best Regards,
Neil

Here's the chart, just for interest.

Attachments

• eur-usd-b-zone-mon-18-feb-08a.PNG
    eur-usd-b-zone-mon-18-feb-08a.PNG
    65.7 KB · Views: 364