All you need to trade is a horizontal line - TheRumpledOne

More of my observations

All major moves start in the Buy Zone and must exit it... all you have to do is enter the trade.

Yes but as noted previously, the long or short entry lines, often act as SnR. So you get your entry trigger, and price advances not much further before reversing to the opposite entry trigger. So yes, price eventually leaves the buyzone in this scenario, but not before it has whipped you back & forth....

Regardless of whether you trade with an ECN or a fixed spread broker offering 1 pip spreads between certain hours like worldspreads, in order to gage the level of success using the BZ, all you need to do is look at a historical 1 minute chart. By doing this you can see how many entries hit the PT before hitting the SL, how many entries advanced some pips but not all the way to the PT b4 hitting the SL etc. These kind of statistics don't lie, as the chart shows where price actually was.....

Last edited:
What is meant by "Major Moves" ?

Paul

Big runs.

Each hour, we reset the Buy Zone. Price has no choice but to leave it ( about 99.9% of the time - sometimes during slow Asian session, price may stay in the zone for an hour ).

Yes but as noted previously, the long or short entry lines, often act as SnR. So you get your entry trigger, and price advances not much further before reversing to the opposite entry trigger. So yes, price eventually leaves the buyzone in this scenario, but not before it has whipped you back & forth....

Regardless of whether you trade with an ECN or a fixed spread broker offering 1 pip spreads between certain hours like worldspreads, in order to gage the level of success using the BZ, all you need to do is look at a historical 1 minute chart. By doing this you can see how many entries hit the PT before hitting the SL, how many entries advanced some pips but not all the way to the PT b4 hitting the SL etc. These kind of statistics don't lie, as the chart shows where price actually was.....

People are making money everyday using the Buy Zone.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Oh, and by the way, on paper, BUMBLE BEES CAN'T FLY!

Bumber sticker on car in Sedona, AZ:

"Just because YOU can't hear the angels, doesn't mean I can't"

ROFLMAO!!

Last edited:
Trade the Buy Zone TRO Forex

I heard about this forem from the 2percent club at paltalk. I've been trading stocks for about 5 years and recently heard about the Buy Zone milk the cows idea from TheRumpledOne. I had success buying or selling short APPL and other stocks from the cow list open +/- .10 to .20. This conservitavely netted about $150.00 a day scalping 100 share lots. While doing this, I was turned on to the FOREX. I've been trading EFX Demo for 3 wks testing my skills and using the TRO BUY ZONE. Open every hour +/- 4 pips with a 7 pip stop loss, usually scalping +3 or so. Adding this to my own knowledge about charts etc. I am confident I can consistantly make money. I don't and probably won't use any of his indicators although I like the FIB Projection idea.... Not sure what horizontal lines he's talking about. Support/Resistance etc.

I'm looking forward finding out more about this forem and gleaning some good info.

Andi-D

People are making money everyday using the Buy Zone.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Oh, and by the way, on paper, BUMBLE BEES CAN'T FLY!

Bumber sticker on car in Sedona, AZ:

"Just because YOU can't hear the angels, doesn't mean I can't"

ROFLMAO!!

It's true! I am a total dunce in trading matters, and the buy zone makes me pips every day that I have time to trade it!

Some results

Hi Folks,
Thanks to TRO for sharing this one.

Just a few results and some impressions for anyone thinking of having a bash:

Demo traded Eur/Usd (1 pip spread) on Oanda with 5 min candles.
Horizontal line at open on the hour with zone at +/-3 pips and 6 pip stop-loss.

Pips won/lost Week commencing 4th Feb:

Monday: -5,-7,-5,-2,-6,-3,-6,-3, (ready to quit) +4 (!!!) -4, -10, +4, -5, -8, +3, +1, +6, +3, -6, -7, 6. [ 21 trades, -50 pips :confused: ]

Tuesday: -1, -2, -1, +10, +4, +1, 0, +1, -4, 0. [ 10 trades, +8 pips ]

Wednesday: +6, +5, -4, -7, +9. [ 5 trades, +9 pips ]

Thursday: -4, +1, -3, -1, +11, +1, 0, +6. [ 8 trades, +11 pips ]

Friday: +8, +4, +7 [ 3 trades, +19 pips ]

The bad start was due to being whip-sawed and lousy discipline. i must admit, I was bent on giving the thing a good shake up to start off. I should have eased off but I battled on and dug the hole deeper, nearly gave up.
From Wednesday onwards I acquired a bit of a feel for the system and limited trading to 1 hour intervals, sometimes skipping the odd hour. This worked well and actual time spent screen watching was very small; most trades were over quickly, typically about 2 to 7 mins, 15mins max.

Over all, first impressions are good. Features I like:
  • if you take just one trade per hour max then you can catch your breath and get your head straight before taking another look
  • if your first trade, with hindsight happens to be in bad conditions then there's a whole hour for things to change before you take another look
  • There's time to make a few notes between trades.
  • You can skip a couple of hours; there's always another opportunity soon
  • play tight stops and take profits quickly

Risk reward ratio was a bit weak, best was 6/11
Now I've settled down with it a bit, I'll give it another go next week.

Cheers,
Neil

Last edited:
Hi Folks,
Thanks to TRO for sharing this one.

Just a few results and some impressions for anyone thinking of having a bash:

Demo traded Eur/Usd (1 pip spread) on Oanda with 5 min candles.
Horizontal line at open on the hour with zone at +/-3 pips and 6 pip stop-loss.

Pips won/lost Week commencing 4th Feb:

Monday: -5,-7,-5,-2,-6,-3,-6,-3, (ready to quit) +4 (!!!) -4, -10, +4, -5, -8, +3, +1, +6, +3, -6, -7, 6. [ 21 trades, -50 pips :confused: ]

Tuesday: -1, -2, -1, +10, +4, +1, -1, -2, +1, +10, +4, +1, 0, +1, -4, 0. [ 16 trades, +21 pips ]

Wednesday: +6, +5, -4, -7, +9. [ 5 trades, +9 pips ]

Thursday: -4, +1, -3, -1, +11, +1, 0, +6. [ 8 trades, +11 pips ]

Friday: +8, +4, +7 [ 3 trades, +19 pips ]

The bad start was due to being whip-sawed and lousy discipline. i must admit, I was bent on giving the thing a good shake up to start off. I should have eased off but I battled on and dug the hole deeper, nearly gave up.
From Wednesday onwards I acquired a bit of a feel for the system and limited trading to 1 hour intervals, sometimes skipping the odd hour. This worked well and actual time spent screen watching was very small; most trades were over quickly, typically about 2 to 7 mins, 15mins max.

Over all, first impressions are good. Features I like:
  • if you take just one trade per hour max then you can catch your breath and get your head straight before taking another look
  • if your first trade, with hindsight happens to be in bad conditions then there's a whole hour for things to change before you take another look
  • There's time to make a few notes between trades.
  • You can skip a couple of hours; there's always another opportunity soon
  • play tight stops and take profits quickly

Risk reward ratio was a bit weak, best was 6/11
Now I've settled down with it a bit, I'll give it another go next week.

Cheers,
Neil

Thanks Bansir

great feedback, just the type this thread needs. I'd give you more rep but it says i have to spread it round first!

I take it that on the trades where you baggged +10p +11p etc. was due to price having skipped on quickly beyond a +6-7p profit target? Or, did you deliberately decide to hold out for more pips to try & recoup more of your heavy losses from previous days?

Cheers.

Last edited:
I take it that on the trades where you baggged +10p +11p etc. was due to price having
skipped on quickly beyond a +6-7p profit target? Or, did you deliberately decide to hold out for more pips to try & recoup more of your heavy losses from previous days?

Cheers.
Hi JT,
Yes, it was really due to price skipping. On the slow connection at work it's a bit of a lottery what you can get out with. It's much easier with a decent connection at home.

Just looking at a couple of the higher wins:

5th Feb the price actually moved to offer +16p but because I have a slow response time on the system at work, the closing order executed for +10p as the price pulled back a bit.

6th Feb the +9p win was good and I got filled at the expected level but subsequently the price moved up another +20 odd pips, which I missed. See chart.

7th Feb the slippage due to delay worked in my favour; I tried to close at +6p but got filled at +11p just before a pull back to below entry level.

I have a slight correction to make to the earlier post :eek:

Tuesday -1, -2, -1, +10, +4,+1, 0, +1, -4, 0 [10 trades, +8 pips]

Sorry about that, I've corrected it now.

Apologies to TRO; the attached chart has squiggly lines / moving averages but I didn't use them, honest.

Best Regards,
Neil

Attachments

• eur-usd-b-zone-6-feb-08b.png
    eur-usd-b-zone-6-feb-08b.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:
Hi JT,
Yes, it was really due to price skipping. On the slow connection at work it's a bit of a lottery what you can get out with. It's much easier with a decent connection at home.

Just looking at a couple of the higher wins:

5th Feb the price actually moved to offer +16p but because I have a slow response time on the system at work, the closing order executed for +10p as the price pulled back a bit.

6th Feb the +9p win was good and I got filled at the expected level but subsequently the price moved up another +20 odd pips, which I missed. See chart.

7th Feb the slippage due to delay worked in my favour; I tried to close at +6p but got filled at +11p just before a pull back to below entry level.

I have a slight correction to make to the earlier post :eek:

Tuesday -1, -2, -1, +10, +4,+1, 0, +1, -4, 0 [10 trades, +8 pips]

Sorry about that, I've corrected it now.

Apologies to TRO; the attached chart has squiggly lines / moving averages but I didn't use them, honest.

Best Regards,
Neil

So for the 5 day week as a while you made -3 pips.

I know, I know. Don't despair...
3 pips today from 9 trades.

Monday: -5, -7,-4. +12,-1, +2, 0, +2, +4

Well, better than last Monday at any rate! :)

Regards,
Neil

hi bansir,

are these from EURUSD again? just in case you switched to another pair.

and are you SB'ing, if so, whats your spread? or, can you quantify your DMA commissions in terms of pips? if that makes sense.

are these trades your primary trading system?
or are you trading this alongside your own home-grown method as a comparison?

good luck with it.

hi bansir,

are these from EURUSD again? just in case you switched to another pair.

and are you SB'ing, if so, whats your spread? or, can you quantify your DMA commissions in terms of pips? if that makes sense.

are these trades your primary trading system?
or are you trading this alongside your own home-grown method as a comparison?

good luck with it.

Hi Trendie,
Thanks for the questions and good luck wishes.

Yes, I'm sticking with EUR/USD for now.
I'm using Oanda demo account, they usually have 1 pip spread on this pair during London /US sessions.

I've only just started with this BZ system. I do have another home brew system which I'm testing on the Dow spot cash through SB.
It's nothing fancy, just 5 min candles with moving averages, pivot points and RSI. It grew out of Chartmans old thread on here many moons ago.

So far the dow system is ahead being +50 points up for Feb but just one trade.

I've had a bit of a learning curve experience managing the admin side whilst running two systems.
Got it cracked now I think. I log all trades into one workbook but use seperate worksheets for each account.

I File all my charts into the same monthly folder.
Boring, I know but I got in a mess at one stage.
I still keep the hand written diary ticking away, at least that's easy enough.

Cheers,
Neil

Last edited:
Hi, More BZ results from todays effort:

Tuesday: -6, 0, -7, -6, 22, 6, -6, -6

So -3 pips today.
Due to rounding errors with the pips, the account actually finished at £0.26 up.
Some of the positive pips were slightly bigger than the negative ones.:)
For example, the 6 pip win was just about equal to the 7 pip loss in monetary terms.

During the very last trade, the connection to Oanda's server disappeared. The other feeds I had running were fine.
I may have been able to get out for a small profit otherwise. I guess it's all part of the game.
Might take a look at 'Worldspreads' as JT suggests.

Hi, More BZ results from todays effort:

Tuesday: -6, 0, -7, -6, 22, 6, -6, -6

So -3 pips today.
Due to rounding errors with the pips, the account actually finished at £0.26 up.
Some of the positive pips were slightly bigger than the negative ones.:)
For example, the 6 pip win was just about equal to the 7 pip loss in monetary terms.

During the very last trade, the connection to Oanda's server disappeared. The other feeds I had running were fine.
I may have been able to get out for a small profit otherwise. I guess it's all part of the game.
Might take a look at 'Worldspreads' as JT suggests.

To be honest bansir, with the consistently bad results that the BZ is helping you achieve, I'd stick with the demo account if i were you, virtual money etc. until IF and when you decide it is a winner worth risking real money with.

To be honest bansir, with the consistently bad results that the BZ is helping you achieve, I'd stick with the demo account if i were you, virtual money etc. until IF and when you decide it is a winner worth risking real money with.

Absolutely JT, I have no plans to go live with this or anything else at the moment.
I was only thinking of checking if worldspreads had a demo account available.
Many thanks for the word of caution, much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Neil

Last edited:
Hi folks,

Still on Oanda demo.
Results for today, usual Eur/Usd TRO Buy Zone with same initial 6 pip stop etc.

Pips for Wednesday: +1, +8, +1, -4, +8, -6, +9

So +17 pips net gain.

See you later,
Neil

Hi folks,

Still on Oanda demo.
Results for today, usual Eur/Usd TRO Buy Zone with same initial 6 pip stop etc.

Pips for Wednesday: +1, +8, +1, -4, +8, -6, +9

So +17 pips net gain.

See you later,
Neil

The -4p, but using a 6p stop etc. seems to be a bit of a guessing game, trying to anticipate the next tick movement....sometimes you will get lucky by avoiding a bigger loss, & other times you will miss out on a profit etc.