All you need to trade is a horizontal line - TheRumpledOne

the buyzone felt un-comfortable to me in the first few weeks, i was making money but it felt like i was wishing and hoping everyday........... i have since adapted it to my own style of trading.........for example i have a rule that if i have two losses in a row i stop trading and sticking to this rule has really helped me and protected me. I have another rule that i learnt from speedscalper at viperspeedtrader.com, that keeps me out of the fake out moves. I also just started to use my own oscilator with it too. Basically i suppose i am doing what you say dbp, i am developing my own way, but the buyzone has given me a massive head start.

I am honest so you can see from my posts im at the stage where im trying to develope my system and systems, tro buyzone will be one of them as it is working and in fact the only system that has worked for me in 8 years of trading. As for grey i would too love to develope a system here as i don't beleive in following volume just like grey because i belive it is bull****. each to their own. Also grey does not help anyone out, he has his own unique little group on skype evryday and generally only helps them out, I've tried to ask him basic questions on his trading but he never responds, so i am not going to wait in vain. The buyzone works, you will have to adapt it but it works............if you got a better way to make a easy $100 every single day then please post it as i just don't see it, post your way instead of knocking others.

The whole reason i wanted to give up the buyzone was because i was listening to others who say it can't be done, grey even said that this style of trading was basically like trying to rob a bank..........well take a look at the er2 for the last 2 months and then tell me it can't be done. I know it's early days but what can i say so far so good, and until I can **** lick grey1 enough to get into his elite group then i will continue with this.

seriously though, has anyone got a better way to make money trading.........and forget trying to learn your own, i mean if people are willing to give a head start like tro has, then why not take it. I have tried to develope my own system for the last 8 years, im telling you it's over rated and not guaranteed. Imo your better off sticking to those who are willing to help out as you will stand a better chance, and you will end up adapted the system to your own anyway so whats the difference.

Bythe way every talks of the buyzone the exact way tro trades it, well try adapting it a little, try trading the e-mini's its cheaper for a start. What about diversifying the buyzone amongst weak and strong stocks like grey does, this is an idea im currently working on.....................so as you can see there can be different ways to trade it and i've never myself traded the buyzone on currencies as i love the er2 too much.

jason

Last edited:
This is why you shouldn't be posting jtrader.

The 3 - 4 pips is NOT a random number. It is what the statistics told us.

PLEASE QUIT SPREADING IGNORANCE, JTRADER!

Objectively speaking - as always.

TRO

you really do not help your own cause.

First you tell us that all you need to trade is a horizontal line. That there is an entire industry built around making you think trading is non-simple.
Then you set up another thread promoting your (none) "free" indicators. But why would we/you need these if all you need to trade is a horizontal line :confused:.

You say its as simple as hitting the buy or sell button when price hits the buy or sell line. But In your 2% club you talk about eg. pivot levels, daily high/low, yesterdays open price, S/R etc.

You keep referring the these magic "statistics", but have done little in the way of telling us about them.

People have asked you several IMPORTANT, VALID questions on these threads, which you have chosen to ignore.

These are all contradictions.

For the record, i have received nothing but praise for my contribution to your threads - in terms of my objective, rational, well-thought questions - in the form of approve comments and PM's.

I can perhaps begin to imagine why you wouldn't want people like me contributing to the discussion though.

Last edited:
And there is a BUY ZONE thread...

This is the HORIZONTAL LINE THREAD!!

Hi TRO,
What's the difference?:confused:

Shall I post results over there?
I was just trying to add a bit of interest here whilst it was quiet.

Cheers,
Neil

the buyzone felt un-comfortable to me in the first few weeks, i was making money but it felt like i was wishing and hoping everyday........... i have since adapted it to my own style of trading.........for example i have a rule that if i have two losses in a row i stop trading and sticking to this rule has really helped me and protected me. I have another rule that i learnt from speedscalper at viperspeedtrader.com, that keeps me out of the fake out moves. I also just started to use my own oscilator with it too. Basically i suppose i am doing what you say dbp, i am developing my own way, but the buyzone has given me a massive head start.

I am honest so you can see from my posts im at the stage where im trying to develope my system and systems, tro buyzone will be one of them as it is working and in fact the only system that has worked for me in 8 years of trading. As for grey i would too love to develope a system here as i don't beleive in following volume just like grey because i belive it is bull****. each to their own. Also grey does not help anyone out, he has his own unique little group on skype evryday and generally only helps them out, I've tried to ask him basic questions on his trading but he never responds, so i am not going to wait in vain. The buyzone works, you will have to adapt it but it works............if you got a better way to make a easy $100 every single day then please post it as i just don't see it, post your way instead of knocking others.

The whole reason i wanted to give up the buyzone was because i was listening to others who say it can't be done, grey even said that this style of trading was basically like trying to rob a bank..........well take a look at the er2 for the last 2 months and then tell me it can't be done. I know it's early days but what can i say so far so good, and until I can **** lick grey1 enough to get into his elite group then i will continue with this.

seriously though, has anyone got a better way to make money trading.........and forget trying to learn your own, i mean if people are willing to give a head start like tro has, then why not take it. I have tried to develope my own system for the last 8 years, im telling you it's over rated and not guaranteed. Imo your better off sticking to those who are willing to help out as you will stand a better chance, and you will end up adapted the system to your own anyway so whats the difference.

Bythe way every talks of the buyzone the exact way tro trades it, well try adapting it a little, try trading the e-mini's its cheaper for a start. What about diversifying the buyzone amongst weak and strong stocks like grey does, this is an idea im currently working on.....................so as you can see there can be different ways to trade it and i've never myself traded the buyzone on currencies as i love the er2 too much.

jason

Hi JayJay,
Please forgive my ignorance but....
What's er2?

Best Regards,
Neil

Hi TRO :)

Serious objective question -

If "TheRumpledOne" gets banned from lots of trading forums, why not just choose a different user name?
Why do you need to be called "TheRumpledOne", its almost like a brand name?

Also, due to the number of bannings, do you anticipate a stage where the username "TheRumpledOne" becomes more of a help than a hindrance?

Thanks
:|.

:LOL: EDIT: I meant to ask -
Also, due to the number of bannings, do you anticipate a stage where the username "TheRumpledOne" becomes more of a hindrance than a help?

Last edited:
And there is a BUY ZONE thread...

This is the HORIZONTAL LINE THREAD!!

The BUYZONE is only a horizontal line, so its all the same thing really.

I suspect that attention is being focused more on this thread to discuss the buyzone, rather than on the seperate buyzone thread, due to the explicitly bold claim of this threads title :idea:.

JTrader:

Until you post your own system and show how it works, I will ignore you.

Contribute something before you tear down others.

Hi TRO,
What's the difference?:confused:

Shall I post results over there?
I was just trying to add a bit of interest here whilst it was quiet.

Cheers,
Neil

I started this thread to say you can trade with just a HORIZONTAL LINE. The Buy Zone is a system and I started a thread to discuss the Buy Zone.

JTrader:

Until you post your own system and show how it works, I will ignore you.

Contribute something before you tear down others.

OK. I will not ask you any further questions then, as I will not show you how my system/s works.

I'd rather trade my systems for myself than share them in public.

But I have & do contribute plenty of system/strategy ideas to T2W.

Kind regards
JT.
:clover::love:

jj,

have you really tried for 8 years?

how hard have you tried?

Glen

yes good point, i have had other ventures too that i have developed in that time including two businesses that i run. So my time has not totally been on trading but i have had a keen interest in trading since then, yes.

belfan it is hard i tell you, once i become a profitable full time trader , it will be by far the best achievement in my life. Running my businesses is alot easier and i earn money far easier doing them then i do in trading.

jason

Hi JayJay,
Please forgive my ignorance but....
What's er2?

Best Regards,
Neil

the er2 is the mini russell 2000, it is a e-mini futures instrument.............try using ninja trader $50 per month i think, they have the zen fire feed and all the e-mini's.
As for a broker, i use mirus-futures.

jason

yes good point, i have had other ventures too that i have developed in that time including two businesses that i run. So my time has not totally been on trading but i have had a keen interest in trading since then, yes.

belfan it is hard i tell you, once i become a profitable full time trader , it will be by far the best achievement in my life. Running my businesses is alot easier and i earn money far easier doing them then i do in trading.

jason

Fair enough,

to be honsite i was expecting a more aggressive reponse than this (i'm pleased that it wasn't)

if you can make money easier else were why don't you stick at that

belflan

Last edited:
the er2 is the mini russell 2000, it is a e-mini futures instrument.............try using ninja trader $50 per month i think, they have the zen fire feed and all the e-mini's.
As for a broker, i use mirus-futures.

jason

Thanks for your response Jason, much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Neil

Eur-Usd BZ with 6 pip initial stops and targets.
Results for today, using a horizontal line:

9:00 -6
10:00 +7
11:00 +1
12:00 +8

13:00 +1
15:00 -5, -6, -6
17:00 +18

So 9 trades for +12 pips
Slight slip on discipline at 15:00, took 3 trades trying to make up for losses.(n)
Apart from that everything was by the book.

Best Regards,
Neil

by the way

now that i have put a post to this thread..

i think it is mis leading that trading can be successful by a horizonal line only

this is simply not true in my view

Glen

i think it is mis leading that trading can be successful by a horizonal line only
this is simply not true in my view

Are you saying that it would be better if the line were at a different angle maybe something like 33.3 degrees :)

Paul