All you need to trade is a horizontal line - TheRumpledOne

Buy Zone trades for Today
Monday 18th Feb : -7, -5, +8, -6, +11, +7, -6, -5, +5, -4, -6,-6,-6,-6
-26 pips from 14 trades.

The last run of losing trades were due to whipsaws although I could have got out of the last trade with +4 to +5p
The 2 losing trades just before the +5 were also due to the price breaking the zone in one direction and then flying back straight away to break the other zone.

I'm sticking to the rules quite rigidly; several times I've placed a trade where I would have had serious reservations when considering other factors such as S/R for example.

Best Regards,
Neil

Yes one user in TRO's 2% club only took 2 signals per hour. His goal/results were leading him to make an average of 1.8 pips profit per hour, i think it was, but he'd only been doing BZ on usdjpy for a few days, but said he'd been trading it on an emini for about a year. If the 1st signal led to a profit, it would only be one trade per hour. If the 1st trade failed, he'd take a second, but no more than 2 per hour.

Your results are far from inspiring aren't they :cry:. But thanks for keeping us posted, with your factual results. As i said, these are exactly what this thread needs. Live results from a third party (you have been a t2w member for years). Please keep them coming (while you are producing them that is).

I havent read about the system to be honest, so cant say if your trading it right or wrong but looking at that screenie! :eek:

The main things i see wrong with it are:-
1) Overtrading.
2) Not taking position at the extremes of price action.
3) Close hard stops.

I do realise thats its a BO strat and im guessing theres not accounting for trend but to me It just doesnt make sense. Wheres the RR? :|

This is another good point.
If you have a day that forms a nice smooth uptrend, signified by eg. Higher Highs & Higher lows on the M5 chart, why would a BUYZONE trader consider trading against this uptrend, and trading short?:confused:
A smarter idea might be to only trade in the direction of an existing trend. Therefore, if you have a HH & HL on the M5, only consider going long on the next BZ, thus ignoring any counter-trend short signal etc.etc.

Yes one user in TRO's 2% club only took 2 signals per hour. His goal/results were leading him to make an average of 1.8 pips profit per hour, i think it was, but he'd only been doing BZ on usdjpy for a few days, but said he'd been trading it on an emini for about a year. If the 1st signal led to a profit, it would only be one trade per hour. If the 1st trade failed, he'd take a second, but no more than 2 per hour.

Your results are far from inspiring aren't they :cry:. But thanks for keeping us posted, with your factual results. As i said, these are exactly what this thread needs. Live results from a third party (you have been a t2w member for years). Please keep them coming (while you are producing them that is).

Hi JT,
Sticking to 1 to 2 trades per hour is probably a step in the right direction; it will help to filter out whipsaw sequences.
I've applied this rule to today's session starting 9am.
I prefer factual / practical results to start with, maybe inspirational results are a little out of my reach at the moment.:LOL:

I had a few thoughts about another way around the whipsaw problem aswell.
One could introduce a rule set which went something along the lines of:
For any given hourly period,

1) If you get stopped out from a short, only take another short entry as your next trade

2) If you get stopped out from a long, only take another long entry as your next trade

The idea being to cut out half the whipsaws and still have a chance of catching a good breakout.

I'm just sticking to the original rules for now though.

Best Regards,
Neil

Unfortunately, people can spend years with this sort of tinkering, and generally do. Which is why I moved past all that and started trading price and volume against support and resistance.

Another of my gripes with this method is -

I like a trading strategies entry policy to provide me with some kind of an edge - the reason for me to enter a trade.

A problem with the BZ is that for me, drawing horizontal lines + or - 4 pips from the open of an H1 candle, is drawing lines at random price levels, that aren't providing an entry with any type of edge or worthwhile meaningful or significant reason for entering the trade at that price, i.e. regardless of trend direction, S/R etc.
Therefore, for me, with such a random method that lacks meaning & an edge for determining the trade entry point, it is hardly surprising that a user of the BZ may return random, inconsistent results.

Last edited:
Few thoughts on BZ and other grails

Just been exchanging emails about the vagaries and deceptions of MMs and Brokers with a fellow trader, and the BUY ZONE and TRO came into the mix. This is what he had to say about TRO and his wares. I have nothing against TRO, in fact I admire his huzpah; though I think the less savvy/greener traders may like to be aware of the below.

I know TRO has already declared himself to be an Introducing Broker for whatever FX bunch he champions, but what I hadn't peviously realised is that with his unique scalping machine via his multi-coloured, ready to go, plug-n-play MT4 indicators he has rather cleverly hypnotised some of the weak willed into using, he's setting himself up a very nice little number, without too many realising it I suspect.

Scalping can't work long term in current markets - especially FX. But of course, the business model of most MMs/Brokers is not to develop a long-term relationship with the client, but to extract their funds from them as quickly as possible. This is far better facilitated by more rather than fewer trades, and preferably with as high a gearing as the mug punter can belive his luck to have been offered.

For those who don't have a systemn to call their own, this looks the Dobs BooBoos...lots of colours, lots of action, loads of trades. And of course, some will get lucky, for a week, or a month, or two. But not long term, not consistently. But they're paying spread or 'very small' commission on every one of those scalps and making the MM/Broker probably as much as they do on their good trades. The MM/Broker doesn't share the same fate on the losing trades - they still make their spread/commission of course.

TRO doesn't really need to trade. He captures the spirit with his glossy indicators, introduces them to SharkFX (any broker, MM for that matter, probably OANDA included) and gets a small commission on every trade they do - until they run out of money. But by stoking up the various bulletin boards, he rarely runs out of new takers. No wonder he's been banned from so many forums - they caught on to him. I wonder why that didn't sit well with me when I first read it - why would any trading site NOT want someone around whose only aim was to help other traders? LOL.

It's a slick, shrewd and clever little wheeze and I wished I had thought of it.

JJ

But I thought that all was needed was a horizontal line. Could I have been mistaken?:-0

Hi Folks,
Todays results for BZ with Oanda demo, Eur/Usd.

Friday: +1, +1, -6, +7, +4, -7, +6, -7, -4, -7, -7, -6, -6, 0, 0, -2, +1, +3, -1

so 19 trades and -30 pips.
I've attached a chart showing the trades I took and the corresponding zones I used for today.

Summary for the week:
Mon 11/2/08 : +3
Tue 12/2/08 : -3
Wed 13/2/08: +17
Thu 14/2/08 : +15
Fri 15/2/08 : -30

That's just +2 pips for the week.

Best Regards,
Neil

Have you ever heard of OVER TRADING?

Hi Bansir,

You probably only missed the marketing stuff, which may be a blessing.

According to TRO on the Kreslik forums, he copied quite a few of their indicators and ideas. I don't know if his Buyzone is an original idea, copy or an adaption of the DDF perhaps Avery can shed some light on it.

From my perspective his Buyzone leads to over trading, whereas if someone were to use the DDF and add some filters it might make a fair mechanical system. If the win / loss ratio could be held to about 50/50 or better and through money management control the size of the losses I think profitability would be acceptable for a part time trader.

Hope This Helps!

Buy Zone is MY ORIGINAL IDEA based on the statistical analysis I ran on the stock market years ago. I adapted the BUY ZONE to Forex after Michal Kreslik and I ran the stats.

Another of my gripes with this method is -

I like a trading strategies entry policy to provide me with some kind of an edge - the reason for me to enter a trade.

A problem with the BZ is that for me, drawing horizontal lines + or - 4 pips from the open of an H1 candle, is drawing lines at random price levels, that aren't providing an entry with any type of edge or worthwhile meaningful or significant reason for entering the trade at that price, i.e. regardless of trend direction, S/R etc.
Therefore, for me, with such a random method that lacks meaning & an edge for determining the trade entry point, it is hardly surprising that a user of the BZ may return random, inconsistent results.

This is why you shouldn't be posting jtrader.

The 3 - 4 pips is NOT a random number. It is what the statistics told us.

PLEASE QUIT SPREADING IGNORANCE, JTRADER!

Just been exchanging emails about the vagaries and deceptions of MMs and Brokers with a fellow trader, and the BUY ZONE and TRO came into the mix. This is what he had to say about TRO and his wares. I have nothing against TRO, in fact I admire his huzpah; though I think the less savvy/greener traders may like to be aware of the below.

I know TRO has already declared himself to be an Introducing Broker for whatever FX bunch he champions, but what I hadn't peviously realised is that with his unique scalping machine via his multi-coloured, ready to go, plug-n-play MT4 indicators he has rather cleverly hypnotised some of the weak willed into using, he's setting himself up a very nice little number, without too many realising it I suspect.

Scalping can't work long term in current markets - especially FX. But of course, the business model of most MMs/Brokers is not to develop a long-term relationship with the client, but to extract their funds from them as quickly as possible. This is far better facilitated by more rather than fewer trades, and preferably with as high a gearing as the mug punter can belive his luck to have been offered.

For those who don't have a systemn to call their own, this looks the Dobs BooBoos...lots of colours, lots of action, loads of trades. And of course, some will get lucky, for a week, or a month, or two. But not long term, not consistently. But they're paying spread or 'very small' commission on every one of those scalps and making the MM/Broker probably as much as they do on their good trades. The MM/Broker doesn't share the same fate on the losing trades - they still make their spread/commission of course.

TRO doesn't really need to trade. He captures the spirit with his glossy indicators, introduces them to SharkFX (any broker, MM for that matter, probably OANDA included) and gets a small commission on every trade they do - until they run out of money. But by stoking up the various bulletin boards, he rarely runs out of new takers. No wonder he's been banned from so many forums - they caught on to him. I wonder why that didn't sit well with me when I first read it - why would any trading site NOT want someone around whose only aim was to help other traders? LOL.

It's a slick, shrewd and clever little wheeze and I wished I had thought of it.

JJ

MORE IGNORANCE!!

"No wonder he's been banned from so many forums - they caught on to him."

I got banned because I don't play by silly rules. I expose the silly rules and they ban me.

How stupid is it to ban someone from a trading forum for posting a chart?

The forums that ban me are usually vendor supported and vendors hate me because I EAT THEIR LUNCH... My free indicators are far superior to the crap they sell. They know and do just about anything to keep people from finding out about my free indicators.

What I make as an IB is barely enough to buy a steak dinner at a nice restaurant once a month. I was made an IB by EFX as a thank you for bringing them customers.

So do me and the rest a favor and QUIT SPREADING IGNORANCE!

MORE IGNORANCE!!

"No wonder he's been banned from so many forums - they caught on to him."

I got banned because I don't play by silly rules. I expose the silly rules and they ban me.

How stupid is it to ban someone from a trading forum for posting a chart?

The forums that ban me are usually vendor supported and vendors hate me because I EAT THEIR LUNCH... My free indicators are far superior to the crap they sell. They know and do just about anything to keep people from finding out about my free indicators.

What I make as an IB is barely enough to buy a steak dinner at a nice restaurant once a month. I was made an IB by EFX as a thank you for bringing them customers.

So do me and the rest a favor and QUIT SPREADING IGNORANCE!

The more you protest .....

TRO - c'mon, which one is nearer the mark?

TRO = an omnipotent trading guru programming genius whose sole purpose in life is to make others profitable

or

TRO = a smart man with the eye for the business opportunity who may appear to be playing on the false hopes and aspirations of the un-initiated trader.

One issue that does not add up if what is being implied is correct and that is why have a chatroom where trades are being taken live. This is the one thing that would quickly show it is not a workable approach in my view.

Paul

Have you ever heard of OVER TRADING?

Hi TRO!,
Re over trading.
Yes it has been mentioned:whistling, but I'm not sure why if a system works, one should pass up opportunities to take a trade provided it's within the rules of the system.

That said after reviewing my charts, I am getting whipsawed quite a bit so I'm now just taking 1 or 2 trades per hour.
Like I've said before, I'm not even sure if I'm carrying out your system properly, I may have got something wrong.

Todays results:
Tuesday Feb 19th:
9am +2 ;
10am -5,+7 ;
11am +11 ;
12 noon -6 ;
1pm -2 ;
2pm 0,
3pm -5,-6 ;
4pm -4,-6 ;
5pm +1

Thats 12 trades and -13 pips
On the first and last trades I delayed taking profits; I could have got out with 6 or 7 pips
in both cases. I trailed the stop instead.

Got to dash, post more later.
Thanks for any comments or assistance, all welcome.

Bye for now,
Neil

The more you protest .....

TRO - c'mon, which one is nearer the mark?

TRO = an omnipotent trading guru programming genius whose sole purpose in life is to make others profitable

or

TRO = a smart man with the eye for the business opportunity who may appear to be playing on the false hopes and aspirations of the un-initiated trader.

Neither.

I wish you would quit spreading IGNORANCE.

One issue that does not add up if what is being implied is correct and that is why have a chatroom where trades are being taken live. This is the one thing that would quickly show it is not a workable approach in my view.

Paul

See, the IGNORANCE SPREADERS don't want to come to the live chat room and spend some time. They may pop in for a little while.

But day after day, people are making money.

Hi TRO!,
Re over trading.
Yes it has been mentioned:whistling, but I'm not sure why if a system works, one should pass up opportunities to take a trade provided it's within the rules of the system.

That said after reviewing my charts, I am getting whipsawed quite a bit so I'm now just taking 1 or 2 trades per hour.
Like I've said before, I'm not even sure if I'm carrying out your system properly, I may have got something wrong.

Todays results:
Tuesday Feb 19th:
9am +2 ;
10am -5,+7 ;
11am +11 ;
12 noon -6 ;
1pm -2 ;
2pm 0,
3pm -5,-6 ;
4pm -4,-6 ;
5pm +1

Thats 12 trades and -13 pips
On the first and last trades I delayed taking profits; I could have got out with 6 or 7 pips
in both cases. I trailed the stop instead.

Got to dash, post more later.
Thanks for any comments or assistance, all welcome.

Bye for now,
Neil

Well, the Buy Zone was originally designed for trading the London, NY and Sydney opens to take advantage of the range.

Then we realized, we could do it on an hourly basis. Of course, some hours work better than others.

Plus, you need to have a daily, weekly, monthly goal to shoot for. So you know when to quit trading.

All you need is one or 2 trades to make goal and there is no reason to push it.

See, the IGNORANCE SPREADERS don't want to come to the live chat room and spend some time. They may pop in for a little while.

But day after day, people are making money.

I gotta say guys, the buyzone is still working for me on the er2, but i don't back test nor go into details like jtrader does, i just trade it everyday but my own adapted style based on craig audio's thread............yes i have had 5 losing days now since i started but still well ahead.

The whole reason i love this style of trading is because it is not random nor is the markets themselves, no one can or no system can predict the market, not even grey1, not even dbpheonix, not tro, not even jtrader even though these guys seem to know what they are talking about, but it don't mean ****, cos the markets just don't behave the way we behave in life...so backtesting and being a smart **** is not going to make you money in trading, just mo. Im convinced it works and as trader333 discovered it works because you are catching moves in the middle, ones that have not exhausted yet, and are not at their extremes. You are cathing little moves, and by the way it does not have to be all about scalping, i stay in on trends and this is the big difference to the r/r.

try the er2, the volotility on the er2 works best for the buyzone, and no spreads.

jason

I gotta say guys, the buyzone is still working for me on the er2, but i don't back test nor go into details like jtrader does, i just trade it everyday but my own adapted style based on craig audio's thread............yes i have had 5 losing days now since i started but still well ahead.

The whole reason i love this style of trading is because it is not random nor is the markets themselves, no one can or no system can predict the market, not even grey1, not even dbpheonix, not tro, not even jtrader even though these guys seem to know what they are talking about, but it don't mean ****, cos the markets just don't behave the way we behave in life...so backtesting and being a smart **** is not going to make you money in trading, just mo. Im convinced it works and as trader333 discovered it works because you are catching moves in the middle, ones that have not exhausted yet, and are not at their extremes. You are cathing little moves, and by the way it does not have to be all about scalping, i stay in on trends and this is the big difference to the r/r.

try the er2, the volotility on the er2 works best for the buyzone, and no spreads.

jason

Gee, and you posted this only three weeks ago:

hi tro, today i made $380 from the run down out of the buyzone today on the er2........................this is my third week live and i continue to profit, but im thinking od devoting my time to greys methods as he belives momentum trading and this type of trading is basically called 'ganster trading' and is no good in the long run. It's a shame as i really enjoy it but i have to trust grey as he really does know what he is talking about and proves everything he says, he is the only person who actually posts his p&l and i know for sure he is for real................un-fortunately i can't say the same for you or others and don't really know your purpose, you probably are genuwin but i just can't afford to take the chance as i'm really only going to get one shot at making this happen for me and i want me to make it the best chance possible.......thanks for the buyzone, i will continue using it but my sole emphasis is now on grey's methods.

regards,

jason

You be sure and keep in touch and let us know how it all works out.

Good luck.

dbphoenix:

Each trader must find what works for them.

jayjay is in that process.

All that matters is the end result - profit/loss.