All vendors are crooks!!

Well - he first said that he didn't use his pin bar techniques in all markets, it's out there on the forum somewhere but I can't be arsed to search for it.

There's also...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/uk-indices/101982-big-ben-ftse100-36.html#post1624424

Like I say, if you have an 'epic' thread telling people to trade their money a certain way, then you realize it doesn't work, said epic thread should be revised for the sake of new people that might spend 500 hours on something that is so highly rated.

You wrote an 'epic' thread here teaching a technique that was not making you money.

This is by your own admission. On this site no-less, although you did it rather quietly.

But this sounds like he admitted he wasn't making money, where did he say
that quietly? If your going make a quote like that surely it would be fair to
point it out?

Sigh....

They don't make supermodels like that any more...

Supermodels-animal-skins.jpg

Weren't you around for potential set-ups flash?
It could be due to my being a 22 year old idiot at the time but I think Tom did quite well in there. Good explanations of his thought process, made calls, admitted when he was wrong... put his balls on the line in a way most soon-to-be vendors don't.
That being said I've always had a soft spot for old Tomathy Federline cos he (and Elite, Killphil, Firewalker, BBMac- jesus christ what happened to everyone? lol) was nice to me in the beginning and taught me bits about flows, the inner-workings of prop, economic announcements and other such basics. Plus the tin-hattedness towards the end of his time here introduced me to general lulz where I'd previously relied on flaming Mr Charts for kicks.
He's probably full of sh*t though as in my experience he won't come through for you unless you box him off to the tune of 70 notes. Think he buys Remy XO for the ladies or something.

Yes I was and I will quite happily say I learnt from Toms posts and am grateful to that in the same way I am to any tips Ive picked up from books Ive read. That doesnt mean I think he can trade or has value to charge a high education fee

Do you not think at least that thread should be marked with a warning sign telling members that you've moved on since then?

LOL this just gets funnier!

I wrote a thread and made a very decent amount of money from the technique. I did say several times that pin bars are not the key to profits. And I wouldn't say I said it quietly either. I had a fair few rants on the topic. Infact I actually started an entire thread on it. And that thread had nothing to do with pin bars "not working" and everything to do with the fact that readers mistakenly thought that pins WERE the entire stratey rather than simply a part of it.

Rather than slapping a warning on the original, maybe we should make my pin "rant" a must read?

But yes, you are finally right about one thing. I was still learning when I wrote it and I'm still learning today. I've moved on, expanded on it and learnt a lot more in order to finesse the approach. Trading is, after all, a constant journey. But don't act like this is a sudden thing. I was openly talking about source trading back in 2008. And none of that changes the fact that the whole foundation of that thread in terms of market mapping is still the same as I trade today.

While I do think pins are a viable entry technique, I think there are more efficient ways to enter and I began to see candlestick patterns as a lagging indicator. The closer you enter to the source the sooner you know you're wrong.

To say they do not work full stop is the kind of ridiculous nonsense that I would expect from you. Just to clarify to anyone else reading ; I still use them but mainly now for bias. Many times I use them to indicate the direction and then pinpoint the entry with the best RR to take me into the move. :)

I must say, your post has set me up nicely for MMT Vol. II. Give me a few months / it's not easy writing an epic thread.

See you at next years awards :)

Last edited:
Hence this "all the info you need is on the internet" we hear is an oft repeated statement but if the award winning threads ain't got the info, how is the newbie to find what works?

I think you are looking at this from the wrong perspective !

The information thats placed on "the intenet" by companies such as trade 2 win is placed there in order to ensure that punters LOSE MONEY. Their advertisers are not like me. I need to make money each year, but they need to make money almost EVERY DAY !, their overheads are significant, and they need to be juicing a constant supply of cannon fodder, provided by marketing on sites similar to this.

Thats why nonsense such as Toms pin bar thread is showered with awards etc.

The members of staff here can read and write (quite eloquently in some cases) and so can the mods. I therefore assume that they are able to remember some of the simple mathematics they where taught as children too. However when they put on their official t2w hats, they are prepared to suspend belief, and prepared to indulge in the tacky lies, spin and promotion of this crazy industry (for which I thank them, I couldnt do it, but I'm glad they do)

You are looking at the machine from the wrong perspective. Everything you need to know is on the internet. Its probably even already in this thread.

:LOL:

Ever wonder why these patterns are so fekin simple a partially sighted dim witted 6 year old could spot them ?

Trader_Dante's 'nonsense' is no different to any other nonsense posted in this site by other vendors without exception. The reason I have a great deal of respect for TD is that he doesn't spend the majority of his time on T2W criticizing other vendors, he just gets on with whatever what he does. I can't stand pious vendors.

The reason I have a great deal of respect for TD is that he doesn't spend the majority of his time on T2W criticizing other vendors

I know one day I would find a real life example of a proverb !

Maybe TD is smart enough to realise that "people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones".

The grand master of pin bar vendoring over at FF, generally gets a good slapping every time he attempts to engage with the sites membership. It makes more sense to keep posting retrospective screen shots than engage in a fight you cant win. A prospective vendor could learn a lot from James16 Modus Operandi (watch the J16 defenders / afiliates descend like a flock of carrion on this thread at the mere mention of his name)

You have to admit that this handbags at dawn stuff between vendors is quite entertaining. T2W should set up a specific forum section just for this stuff. They could even make it pay to view ! :idea:

I know one day I would find a real life example of a proverb !

Maybe TD is smart enough to realise that "people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones".

The grand master of pin bar vendoring over at FF, generally gets a good slapping every time he attempts to engage with the sites membership. It makes more sense to keep posting retrospective screen shots than engage in a fight you cant win. A prospective vendor could learn a lot from James16 Modus Operandi (watch the J16 defenders / afiliates descend like a flock of carrion on this thread at the mere mention of his name)

You have to admit that this handbags at dawn stuff between vendors is quite entertaining. T2W should set up a specific forum section just for this stuff. They could even make it pay to view ! :idea:

I don't expect T2W will, but they could invite vendors to put their reputations on the line with actions not just words. A sort of collective2 of going with xyz vendor ?

Thats why nonsense such as Toms pin bar thread is showered with awards etc.

I've got a novel idea. Rather than spouting horsesh*t all day about how its all nonsense simply because you can't make it work for you...how about someone actually trade it? I've clearly illustrated it works. Now perhaps someone can follow the rules outlined in the thread over a decent sample of trades and PROVE it doesn't make money. If you can prove that, I'll happily step up.

I'm sure everyone will say "I wouldn't waste my time" No, it's far more time worthy to engage in pointless lulz. Haha!

I don't expect T2W will, but they could invite vendors to put their reputations on the line with actions not just words.

And maybe pigs will fly !

This phrase is an example of is what's technically called an adynaton. Thank you wikipedia.

Wouldnt it be great if you could learn something new each day just by visiting t2w :idea:

I recall back in the day when Socrates was asked to prove he knew what he was talking about his response was something like “It is up to the individual to prove it to themselves”. I took that advice. So my philosophy is this: If an individual has the brains, the determination, the courage and the perseverance to figure out what really makes sense, and to figure out what is what and what is not, then they deserve all the fruits of their labour. My guess is that few (<1%) actually can be bothered going down that path because it requires too much effort. These are the people who spend all their time in this forum or that forum following the latest guru or vendor who promises to teach them a whole new methodology, setup or system. They keep jumping from one ‘setup’ thread to the next...and will end up broke.

I recall back in the day when Socrates was asked to prove he knew what he was talking about his response was something like “It is up to the individual to prove it to themselves”. I took that advice. So my philosophy is this: If an individual has the brains, the determination, the courage and the perseverance to figure out what really makes sense, and to figure out what is what and what is not, then they deserve all the fruits of their labour. My guess is that few (<1%) actually can be bothered going down that path because it requires too much effort. These are the people who spend all their time in this forum or that forum following the latest guru or vendor who promises to teach them a whole new methodology, setup or system. They keep jumping from one ‘setup’ thread to the next...and will end up broke.

There is a lot of truth in what you say. Looking for ideas is one thing but expecting others to tell you how they are earning their living is. really, very naive. I would suggest that those falling over themselves to impart their knowledge to all and sundry do not have a lot of useful knowledge to impart.

There is a lot of truth in what you say. Looking for ideas is one thing but expecting others to tell you how they are earning their living is. really, very naive. I would suggest that those falling over themselves to impart their knowledge to all and sundry do not have a lot of useful knowledge to impart.

Not sure I agree with that, im always happy to show exactly why I take a trade,but it does not mean it is easily duplicatable.Money management and discipline cannot easily be taught by anyone.

I see another vendor has disappeared, needless to say they had a thread on T2W where various critical posts were deleted under the 'just give them a chance' rule. First it was paid training, then they moved on to cold calling selling carbon 'investments'. Now they seem to have disappeared and the people involved have started again under a new name.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-firm/114182-anyone-heard-london-global-investments.html

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/143672-london-academy-trading.html

Now they seem to have disappeared and the people involved have started again under a new name.

And they'll be welcomed back to t2w as if nothing ever happened.

Perhaps t2w could host some sort of award for the vendor who rises the most time's pheonix like from the ashes of failure, liquidation, personal bankrupcy, detainment at her majesty's pleasure, capture behind enemy lines whilst trying to smuggle a magic box out of a war torn country etc. Heavens knows, there's enough contenders to make it a worthwhile category.

Not sure I agree with that, im always happy to show exactly why I take a trade,but it does not mean it is easily duplicatable.Money management and discipline cannot easily be taught by anyone.

No, you are right, it was a lousy thing to say and I apologise. It was completely untrue for a lot of people.

I meant to express myself clearer than that. I was referring to vendors. Anyone getting in touch with you by pm would soon know whether you were trying to hook them onto another thread that, in turn, asked for a subscription and email address.

Hope I cleared that up. I don't say "sorry" to many and this is for all the other good guys who were offended.

Quite right. I didn't believe it at first, but I'm slowly coming to see just how important experience and "chart memory" seems to be. You can sort of tell at a glance whether your entry pattern will work out or not even if it looks "perfect".

Unless you're using a mechanical system I just don't see how you could replicate anyone's method.

No, you are right, it was a lousy thing to say and I apologise. It was completely untrue for a lot of people.

I meant to express myself clearer than that. I was referring to vendors. Anyone getting in touch with you by pm would soon know whether you were trying to hook them onto another thread that, in turn, asked for a subscription and email address.

Hope I cleared that up. I don't say "sorry" to many and this is for all the other good guys who were offended.

not at all, and you are right about vendors. how many of them teach you about MM, discipline and the emotional side of trading,none.

Tom does... or tries to.

He used to always talk about having the discipline to wait for the set up. Used to swerve any trade inside of whatever potential R:R criteria too. And he used to bang on about 2/3/4/5 % max etc