All vendors are crooks!!

hehehe! We already had a d*ck swinging contest over here : http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/33868-post-your-p-l-28.html

I got cut to shreds as usual for actually coming up with the thread idea and posting my P&L several times.

Check out the first line on page 28 : "I am not prepared to disclose my earnings on the internet. Therefore all I will give is disjointed information that does not allow someone to join up the dots."

But the last time I was on the edge of Dion's tireless crusade (against his own ilk) I'm apparently a "charlatan" because I won't post a track record for the whole of the internet to see.

The level of hypocrisy almost defies belief :)

Let me reiterate. I have no problem with criticism. If someone has given my material a good go and hasn't benefited from something I offer then saying so is completely fair. What I take issue with is blatant lying.

I sometimes wonder whether Dion actually believes anything that he writes or whether he was just conceived on the wrong side of the bed!

But simple fact is, it's expectially pathetic coming from another vendor. Because regardless of whether he "teaches" or not (that will be his next argument, I'm not an educator) go to his website and then go to mine and tell me who is offering the biggest holy grail marketing BS.

Honestly.

That may all be true, but surely you are not expecting us to take your profit and loss account as proof of performance. Anyone can knock one of those up. Trade live in real time with calls , or a zulu account for a month would be sufficient(you could even get some paid followers). Its fine that you enter into a row with others,but at least back yourselves up,or all you are doing is slurring all mentors and our beliefs that none of you are worth a cent. Not a lot to ask
Honestly

That may all be true, but surely you are not expecting us to take your profit and loss account as proof of performance. Trade live in real time with calls , or a zulu account for a month would be sufficient

To be completely honest with you, I wouldn't expect anyone on this site to take anything as "proof of performance".

One month of profitable calls.

Hmmm, I wonder how they would spin that?

To be completely honest with you, I wouldn't expect anyone on this site to take anything as "proof of performance".

One month of profitable calls.

Hmmm, I wonder how they would spin that?

how does that answer the challenge and comments made, you've made many bold claims, offered to produce what anyone can and yet like most are not prepared to back up what they say. Ok then enter the t2win competition,thats the least you could do,:)

That competitions won by the luckiest tw@ that leverages themselves to the hilt. I tried once and there is no way to keep up with the double down lose it all nutter that that fat tails his was to 40k into the black within a day.

Last edited:
Tom your desk on just giving looks a lot like Arabians. This thread gets better by the minute.

Eh Tom, just to clarify, are you saying pin bars don't work now? Couldn't really make too much of your are we not supposed to evolve statement. Would be nice to have a definitive answer.

And for balance, DT, why not post up a few of your trade ideas/ plans for the next week. To be fair to tom he's put a lot more work in than yourself on the building a fan base front.

Anyway I'm gonna PM Futex to make sure we keep this show on the road.

Last edited:
Tom your desk on just giving looks a lot like Arabians. This thread gets better by the minute.

Hahaha!

Eh Tom, just to clarify, are you saying pin bars don't work now? Couldn't really make too much of your are we not supposed to evolve statement. Would be nice to have a definitive answer.

Of course they work. They always have and they always will. I do things a little differently now but I see it as a natural evolution. I'm not doing anything markedly different. I think a lot of people (hi, Dion) totally missed the point of the thread. It was never just about pin bars - it was about high probability turning points. Now, I prefer to enter at those points - at what I perceive to be the source of the move rather than paying up/down.

High probability turning points at past S&R/event/fib levels WITH confirmation as expressed by the break lower of the bar after the pin if I remember rightly, yes?
What are you doing differently/ have you added now then, love?

You should come back here by the way. You say this place is full of 5hit talkers or whatever but Forex Factory is the same if not worse. Why'd you switch clans anyway? Easier to get punters over there?

High probability turning points at past S&R/event/fib levels WITH confirmation as expressed by the break lower of the bar after the pin if I remember rightly, yes?
What are you doing differently/ have you added now then, love?

You should come back here by the way. You say this place is full of 5hit talkers or whatever but Forex Factory is the same if not worse. Why'd you switch clans anyway? Easier to get punters over there?

Oh I still check in from time to time.

I'll prob make a more prolonged appearance at some stage.

I don't think FF is the same. I switched over because there is literally nothing of value being posted here anymore. I think a lot of longer term members jut lost patience with the drivel on here. You guys lost a fair few posters that put up some good stuff. Bbmac was one of them.

Fair enough.

To each; his own.

Oi why don't you post up a few links (sans your own threads) to FF where posts that hold value are made. I may defect.

Weren't you around for potential set-ups flash?
It could be due to my being a 22 year old idiot at the time but I think Tom did quite well in there. Good explanations of his thought process, made calls, admitted when he was wrong... put his balls on the line in a way most soon-to-be vendors don't.
That being said I've always had a soft spot for old Tomathy Federline cos he (and Elite, Killphil, Firewalker, BBMac- jesus christ what happened to everyone? lol) was nice to me in the beginning and taught me bits about flows, the inner-workings of prop, economic announcements and other such basics. Plus the tin-hattedness towards the end of his time here introduced me to general lulz where I'd previously relied on flaming Mr Charts for kicks.
He's probably full of sh*t though as in my experience he won't come through for you unless you box him off to the tune of 70 notes. Think he buys Remy XO for the ladies or something.

Last edited:
Hey, fellow vendor! How you doing?

It's been a long time! Wow, I can't remember the last time we crossed paths!

rant... rant... rant... rant...

A very long thread but why not address the point made.

You wrote an 'epic' thread here teaching a technique that was not making you money.

This is by your own admission. On this site no-less, although you did it rather quietly.

Your thread got the adulation of many, was given awards, yet - no-one made money from it.

Do you not think at least that thread should be marked with a warning sign telling members that you've moved on since then? That you were young and showing off? That you were writing that thread whilst you were learning the methods yourself? That it took you a couple of years to realise that this wasn't it?

'cause you should...

Here we go again. The old pin bars don't work argument rears it ugly head again, shortly to be followed by the patterns don't work mob. There is absolutely nothing wrong with trading pin bars as triggers as long as they are part of the bigger picture. If that doesnt get a response from DToast I don't know what will!

Who is this Dion chap anyway? I thought Dtoast was Jigsaw trading aka Peter Davies.

I got the 'pin bars doesn't work' from The_Wizard thread on FF...

The_Wizard being our own Trader_Dante.

Now that is not to say that trading candlesticks is not a viable strategy. I still use them (particularly on the daily time frame) to gauge potential market direction.

However, after discussions with other successful traders, I began to distrust them in terms of entries one side and stops the other.

Let's look at this in a little more detail.

A bullish pin, by way of example, simply shows that demand has come in at a level. However, the fact that buyers came in does NOT mean that buyers will continue bidding prices up. I started to think of a candlestick pattern in the same way I thought of an indicator: it lags.

If you think of the market moves as having a cause and effect relationship, the cause of a move is the market participants that interact at the areas of perceived value (or lack of it), the effect is the resulting candlestick.

Now I would sit there waiting for setups and I would say to the other traders: "I'm waiting for confirmation" but what I didn't realise is that by trading the effect and not the cause, you are always one step behind the market.

So, the aim became to pinpoint an entry at an area that will cause other traders to follow you which can then create the effect of favourable momentum, meaning that still more traders join later and the momentum continues.

Oy vey!

I agree with this. Cause & effect. We've discussed it here a lot.

Just that the award winning thread is going to lose you money.

Hence this "all the info you need is on the internet" we hear is an oft repeated statement but if the award winning threads ain't got the info, how is the newbie to find what works?

Follow a wizard?

the aim became to pinpoint an entry at an area that will cause other traders to follow you which can then create the effect of favourable momentum

Must have really upped your size then Tom lol.

A very long thread but why not address the point made.

You wrote an 'epic' thread here teaching a technique that was not making you money.

This is by your own admission. On this site no-less, although you did it rather quietly.

Your thread got the adulation of many, was given awards, yet - no-one made money from it.

Do you not think at least that thread should be marked with a warning sign telling members that you've moved on since then? That you were young and showing off? That you were writing that thread whilst you were learning the methods yourself? That it took you a couple of years to realise that this wasn't it?

'cause you should...

Where did he say this? can't remember seeing it, must have been very quiet!

Where did he say this? can't remember seeing it, must have been very quiet!

Well - he first said that he didn't use his pin bar techniques in all markets, it's out there on the forum somewhere but I can't be arsed to search for it.

There's also...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/uk-indices/101982-big-ben-ftse100-36.html#post1624424

Hi tomorton,

I no longer trade pin bars. I use them (if they appear on the W1 or D1 merely for bias and now simply enter blind using market structure to identify the higher probability areas.

Tom

Like I say, if you have an 'epic' thread telling people to trade their money a certain way, then you realize it doesn't work, said epic thread should be revised for the sake of new people that might spend 500 hours on something that is so highly rated.