Alan Rich new scanner

After all of these comedy exchanges, I only have one question.

How does one go about getting a pint at the Fat Duck? It doesn't have anything on draught whatsoever. ;)

You drink a glass of sugared water, after chewing on some week-old yeast, whilst being hit across the head with a bushel of barley.

Getting back to the original post, I had terrible problems with this guy, I did an assessment of his course and it had a big thumbs down. Real trades from his system placed every day by me for one month. They were a disaster. He send me threats etc and so much abuse if I didnt take his results off my website. Hopefully this will bring together some of your comments on here

Getting back to the original post, I had terrible problems with this guy, I did an assessment of his course and it had a big thumbs down. Real trades from his system placed every day by me for one month. They were a disaster. He send me threats etc and so much abuse if I didnt take his results off my website. Hopefully this will bring together some of your comments on here

He is just exploiting the innocent and goes untouched

Can you post the results here? When you say disaster how bad, in terms of amount of money lost?

what was his system,does it have exact entry criterior? thanks

An extract from his blog

Why the US session is so important.
20-12-2012
You can see from yesterday how important the US market is and why it can dictate moves. They can kill a move stone dead like yesterday.

You can be euphoric from the day before and from the morning, your account can show really big profits and then wham the US reverses and you have to stop out of your positions. Thats what happened to me on EURJPY.

There is one way to be infront of the game and thats to use my ARTS system charts in the 30 min time frame over lunch. If we pivot before a potential drop in the afternoon it will show up a pivot before the drop.

Today, use the ARTS system charts in the 30 min time frame because it will tell you which pivot is in control at any one time. That's why I designed it to give traders the heads up before anyone can work out whats going on. It allows you to trade what you see and not what euphoria or fear makes you think.

And the day before.
Please note the
We sold off

19-12-2012
The US market was a bit tough today. into the Fibs which was fair enough. But the bounce was tough.

At the same time the EURUSD hit the Fib extension and sold off along with the EURJPY.

I got stopped out of the things I was trading and gave it a break.

Here is the chart of the EURUSD and that extension.

I am reading this thread with increasing amounts of confusion.
My view of his trading course, was that it was pretty good.
this view is based on his much earlier 1-2-1 course several years ago.

This raises a number of questions: (I went on his course years and years ago, about the same time I saw Mr Charts)

a: were my mostly positive views a reflection of my newness, where any information seemed magical?
(ie, your view can be biased based on your level of prior knowledge)

b: is it possible that the courses evolve over time, and good providers become bad, and bad providers become good.

This raises a number of questions: (I went on his course years and years ago, about the same time I saw Mr Charts)

a: were my mostly positive views a reflection of my newness, where any information seemed magical?

b: is it possible that the courses evolve over time, and good providers become bad, and bad providers become good.

I'd say the answer was a

Well -did you become profitable applying his mode of trading?

Well -did you become profitable applying his mode of trading?

I never applied his (Alan) mode.
I didnt have the 25K needed to trade US stocks either, so didnt apply Mr Charts mode, but at least paper-traded his for about 2-3 months.

Discovered FX, loads of free rules here, and great members here, and havent really looked back.

hmm,i see things more clearly these days Trendie. I took mr charts course and went away thinking it was the best £600 id ever spent. Most courses are designed around all the positives and not the truth. i dont know anyone who after all these years is still using his methods or indeed ARs method,it just goes to show. ive never been on ARs course but id bet he cant trade,he became a mentor in the early days when we all wanted education and qukickly built a reputation because we all went away with positives from his course. I dont think he is a case of a bad provider becoming good,just read his blog to find that out,or the bull**** on his site about his new scanner.Thats not to say they couldnt teach anewbie some good info,but for what they charge,id want a lot more

Last edited:

My only thought in consolation to the vendors is that maybe their focus switches from trading to vending once they've committed to it?

Trading is a full time business and anyone that vends their wares cant be dedicating the time required. This in turn creates a greater emphasis on their vending. If they get adequate take up they drop trading completely and spend their time doing screen shots of perfect trades (MrCharts), blogging hindsight trading thoughts (Alan Rich), writing weekly emails (Nial Fuller) and making webinars (J16).

My only thought in consolation to the vendors is that maybe their focus switches from trading to vending once they've committed to it?

Trading is a full time business and anyone that vends their wares cant be dedicating the time required. This in turn creates a greater emphasis on their vending. If they get adequate take up they drop trading completely and spend their time doing screen shots of perfect trades (MrCharts), blogging hindsight trading thoughts (Alan Rich), writing weekly emails (Nial Fuller) and making webinars (J16).

I'm inclined to agree on the whole...vendoring has to be easier than trading.

I'm sure we have all had purple patches where everything we touch turns to gold. However, it's the days and weeks and sometimes months of grinding it out that can be the only true measure of a trader's worth. If traders are of the mindset that every trade will be a home run they will become extremely disappointed disillusioned and eventually broke and the markets are geared up to ensure this will happen.

I'm inclined to agree on the whole...vendoring has to be easier than trading.

Its made easier by the collusion of forum owners. There is one particular "trading forum" that has even earned the reputation of being a "marketers paradise"

When you have the situation where forum management bury their heads in the sand regarding the problems vendors create, or worse still, base the whole of their content on vendor submitted articles, these problems will inevitably occur.

There are many reasons why vendoring is easy, but the role that "trading forums" play in the problem should not be underestimated. But you know that.

I wonder how the new t2w vendor guidelines are coming along ? :devilish:

That's a fair point Hare and you are right to poke at me for not doing them yet, especially as they were promised some time ago. There's no point in making excuses and promising further delivery dates anytime soon that i'll probably miss. I just have not had the time to get them done as there were other things that took priority.

I'm almost on top of these now and once January is well underway i'll try to get some stuff ready for comment both here and privately. There's no way we will get to a solution that suits everyone but at least our position will be clear and we can move forward from that.

To be fair, you probably cleaned up 80% of the vendor problem by removing the links from the badge icon, and withdrawing the PM facility. In my opinion at least it was definitely a step in the right direction.

To be fair, you probably cleaned up 80% of the vendor problem by removing the links from the badge icon, and withdrawing the PM facility. In my opinion at least it was definitely a step in the right direction.

what an easy simple solution to board harmony the badge decoupling proved to be. i suspect many vendors have now sought easier pastures to ply their trade. some evidence of this is that AR himself has moved on, has this month joined and started posting at babypips.