Agile / Scrum PM training. Experiences.

G

Guest36985

0 0
(am only a paper practitioner on Agile)
Your first point, about context of use, is salient.
Agile came from the software world, so I can relate to the constant prototyping, and staged deliverables.
Users sometimes change their minds about what they want, or their needs evolve, so Agile makes sense, as it can evolve with them, until the funding runs out!
Forces people to make choices about whats truly important, and what can be discarded.

Any good 1-2 day courses you may have tried recently?
Might try Ericksonian Hynpotherapy next!
Err users Constantly change their mind about what they want and having done agile development the limit to my patience is the "Great, can we try it in Blue" requirement.
Waterfall makes people think about what they want before the project starts and agile is 'I want to change something lets start today and keep on going until the money runs out'.
It analogous to you building an extension to the house, planning it, costing it, arranging builders contracts etc... (waterfall) and your wife constantly buying new curtains and cushions (and taking them back to swap them 5 times because she didnt like them the next day) in order to change the look of the interior based on how she's feeling on that day (agile).

Courses ... the internet is full of amazing places to learn new skills and techniques, and there's plenty of 'natural teachers' who love what they do and want to share it with everyone for free. Maybe someone should write an *app where people answer a set of basic questions (Do you like music / running / art) and then prompts them by saying based on our algorithm you might like to learn parkour.
*Patent pending, but probably already exists.

Last edited by a moderator:

Atilla

Legendary member
19,853 3,107
Err users Constantly change their mind about what they want and having done agile development the limit to my patience is the "Great, can we try it in Blue" requirement.
Waterfall makes people think about what they want before the project starts and agile is 'I want to change something lets start today and keep on going until the money runs out'.
It analogous to you building an extension to the house, planning it, costing it, arranging builders contracts etc... (waterfall) and your wife constantly buying new curtains and cushions (and taking them back to swap them 5 times because she didnt like them the next day) in order to change the look of the interior based on how she's feeling on that day (agile).

Courses ... the internet is full of amazing places to learn new skills and techniques, and there's plenty of 'natural teachers' who love what they do and want to share it with everyone for free. Maybe someone should write an *app where people answer a set of basic questions (Do you like music / running / art) and then prompts them by saying based on our algorithm you might like to learn parkour.

Agile does have some real significant value in looking at a visual backlog of deliverables which can be prioritised and costed allowing customer to pick and choose.

You are being harsh but not very fair. :rolleyes:

trendie

Legendary member
6,858 1,416

I am / used to work as a freelance developer, working on projects that the client wanted me to work on, and constantly get extended.
The funniest thing my brother-in-law once said when I explained my recent client ended my contract after 18 months was "Couldn't you spin it out any longer?"
I love clients that can't make up their minds.
Sadly, I am looking at the other side of the coin with project management.

G

Guest36985

0 0
Agile does have some real significant value in looking at a visual backlog of deliverables which can be prioritised and costed allowing customer to pick and choose.

You are being harsh but not very fair. :rolleyes:
True.

G

Guest36985

0 0
I am / used to work as a freelance developer, working on projects that the client wanted me to work on, and constantly get extended.
The funniest thing my brother-in-law once said when I explained my recent client ended my contract after 18 months was "Couldn't you spin it out any longer?"
I love clients that can't make up their minds.
Sadly, I am looking at the other side of the coin with project management.
6 weeks to 2.5 years was my best. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: trendie

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock