Advice on Getting Into an FX/Commodities Brokerage

Hasqo

Hi,

I am new here and would appreciate some advice/guidance on getting into a brokerage firm, ideally forex or commodities.

In terms of experience and qualifications, I have completed the FSA Regulation, Securities and Derivatives papers, as well as an MSc from a top university. My past role involved in implementing a futures, commodities and FX trading platform that attracted over $ 700 mn worth of investment from various clients (pension funds, etc). A big part of this involved helping to pitch this product. In addition to this, I speak several languages (German, Eastern European ones) and have been involved in working as a desk assistant on a pretty large IB trading floor before the events of mid-September 2008.

I am not sure whether my experience would count, however joining a brokerage firm has been a long-term ambition. My reasons behind wishing to work in Forex or commodities are product-specific and also the fact that I have worked with both products in my most recent role (contracting). I would be quite happy to do an internship somewhere, even on an unpaid basis, in order to get some direct experience-regardless of how long is may be. However, the one thing that I have found over the past few years is that knowing people counts (in some cases far more than what one knows).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, including advice on which firms ar more likely to look at me. I have approached a few already, however I can reply via PM as to which ones those are.

Thank you all!!!