Advice from full-time traders on charting software/broker combinations

11Edward23

Guys, first post and hoping for some advice...I've been going through the lengthy process of educating myself in trading options (various) and FX - everything from the core fundamental/technical/theory side to the merits of various hardware/software set ups etc. I still have an enormous amount to understand prior to even starting to demo trade as before I do that I am keen to understand which charting/broker/data feed will best suit my needs (I want to make sure its the right combo as it'll take a while to get up to speed with learning to use the software/programming). I would like to use 1 broker (connected to charting software) to trade both options and forex and will commence with a $10,000+ account trading 2 days per week full time and 3 days for 3 hours per day. Idea being that IF I'm successful live for a sufficient period I'll inject further funds to overcome the PDT rules perhaps with a view to going full time.

I'm Interested in Ninja and IB but would rather not have to wire IB $10k for the privilege of using their demo account. However, they seem pretty good from what I can gather so maybe worth it? Can anyone suggest combination's which fit my circumstances/requirements? Also, although I know its expensive does anyone have any comments on how much value they place on using Bloomberg or Reuters and how they are linked up to a broker. Cheers in advance.

NEVER go to GCI when you're trading commodity futures. The spreads there will kill you.