ADVFN incorrect quoting?

maximalk

I didn't find anything about it in the search pages so here is my question.

I am trying to look at real-time ftse 100 quotes and it seemed initially like advfn would be the best choice to get that information for free. In the evening i looked at their ftse 100 closing quote and everything was exact same as what other sites were quoting. But then next morning i started streaming the data using QTuser and it looked like everything was real-time, since i would see the quote change up or down and the time provided would go second to second with my clock on PC, so it seemed all legit and real-time. But then i noticed that the other websites would all quote totally different quotes for the same time lines. Ex. ADVFN would quote 12:20 (5435), 12:23 (5439), 12:28 (5428), while all other websites would later show 12:20 (5428), 12:23 (5429), 12:28 (5422), infact all the other websites showed that the index never went above 5431 during the hours of 12:00-1:00 at all. Anybody encountered that problem before?

Well that's what i thought, but the stream would give an update of the price every couple of seconds and it would give the time down to seconds in the "last trade" box. ADVFN does also advertise themselves as free real-time quotes, but you can only stream it from their website for a minute and then the page shuts off and tells you to pay for longer steam.