Active day and swing traders

Barjon.
Thanks for your reply,the price has now stabilised on Capital Spreads, back to where it started before I posted.
I intend to stay with it but am nervous about the options expiring to day.
I know I am not posting very often nowa -days but ,as you know I do keep looking at this thread to see how you are doing.
I have gone back to the drawing board and am trying to improve my trading methods.Have had some disasters over the last 12 months and am now just about turning things around and getting some of my losses back.
when I am more confident I will try and post more.

I would like to wish you and you family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

PS. I am really enjoying my retirement and hope you are too.

My kind regards Jon.

Fluke said:
Barjon.
Thanks for your reply,the price has now stabilised on Capital Spreads, back to where it started before I posted.
I intend to stay with it but am nervous about the options expiring to day.
I know I am not posting very often nowa -days but ,as you know I do keep looking at this thread to see how you are doing.
I have gone back to the drawing board and am trying to improve my trading methods.Have had some disasters over the last 12 months and am now just about turning things around and getting some of my losses back.
when I am more confident I will try and post more.

I would like to wish you and you family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

PS. I am really enjoying my retirement and hope you are too.

My kind regards Jon.

Jon

Out all day, raised stop not triggered so I'm still with it.

Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you and yours. Retirement's just a lurch from pleasure to pleasure :D

All the best

jon

Morning all,
Well, if any of you are still there, Mark has gone off, presumably to sun himself, lucky devil!
I shall be clinging on all week waiting for Santa.
currently I am long in:
BLT opened today, like the charts and it was strong in Aussie, I am warming again to the miners.
NIS, charts, fall of last week seems overdone and now correcting (hopefully) had a couple of days higher highs and lows and MACD is turning up.
Still in SIG which is moving at last!
LMSO flat
CNA Flat

Got another miner RRS on the screener, Chart not so clear so will wait for 893 ish before entering.
Also like the look of ANTO but the bug there is that I see resistence at 1788, might be one for a quickie.

Good trading to all and all the very best for the coming festive season and for 2006

Dave

mornin' dave

Still running av and blnd and will be looking to close in the next few days. Not going for anything new 'til after the holiday.

Be some sun drenched golf for you at Christmas I guess, it's alright for some :D

Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you and everyone.

good trading

jon

I shall be looking to leave trades running over the silly season. If stops are in place there should be no problem, I am still hoping for a year end rally!

Unfortunately, no golf over Christmas as we are going back to UK to spend a few days with the UK part of the family, back to the desk on 28th.
Real holidays start on 20 Jan with 2 weeks skiing so gives me a chance to catch a New Year rally.
Mmmm, lets see.
Dave :LOL: :LOL:

Closed BLND for reasonable profit.
Just opened Mar long BP.looking at HSBA for a Mar long position .

Morning all, well, if anyone is still trading?
Looking to re-enter AVE at the open as it seems to have reached its bottom, I like the stock and did well recently before the fall. To me the charts look like we are poised for a re-test of 76. Christmas is traditionally a good time for car rentals so the fundementals may even help.

I remain long in BLT, CNA, LNGO, NIS and SIG.
CNA and SIG have stops above my entry the rest are pretty flat, still waiting for Santa!

Good trading to all,
Dave

Morning all and a happy and successful 2006.
Seems that I am the only one who has been trading over the silly season?

Well, my much hoped for Santa Rally sort of happened but not of any significant proportions.

As is the norm on this tread, a little sharing.
Started superb and then through over confidence and more than a little stupidity on my part the mid part was poor.
Through good money management I did not have a disaster but the lessons learned were tough! During the Autumn armed with a revised strategy and common sense I recouped my losses and ended the year basically level.
Not good but then again one cannot expect to dive in to a complex world, even with some knowledge and expect to make the same money as in a successful 25 year career as a freelance consultant!

I am continuing looking for trades that are basically swings. Both intraday and short term. I shall (as we all should) revise my strategies on a continual basis and if any shiny stars appear I will share them. However, I believe that the basics still hold (MACD, trend breaks and 123 formations).

For the record, I trade on D4F's preadbet platform and trade liquid stocks in the top 350 shares. I also trade (on a much smaller scale) intraday on the FTSE, DAX, CAC and IBEX indices. My intraday trades on equities and restricted to very liquid shares such as RIO.

For my data feed I have been trying ProRealtime for the last few months and am very satisfied. It is the same platform as D4F's charts but gives level 2 data for a very reasonable price. The strategy development tools are superb although I am finding some difficulty to learn the programming side. Even so, it is easier than Tradestation's Easy language.

I also use 2click investor, jury still out but so far it is showing profit.

I am an old time Omnitrader user but although I like the charting package, I simply cannot get a strategy written (nor inbuilt ones) to show any profit so I am basically phasing that out.

So, my current open positions are:
AVE stop above entry
CAN Ditto
SIG Ditto
NIS Ditto
PFG Flat
NTG slight loss.

Have just closed Pilk for a 1.5% loss.
So far this month I am up about 80 points with about 65 locked in by protective stops.

Good trading to all and I look forward to the lively and helpful comments from all.
BTW, I am off to the mountains on 20 of this month for 2 weeks well earned break, well that is my excuse anyway!

Dave

Has anyone got any recent 5min intraday graphs they could post please ( I am trying to see if intra day Dax trading is worth the effort or whether dying volatility has made such trading difficult)?

Thanks

tests

barjon said:
Welcome, evostik

As you may have seen on here I've been long ici for a couple of weeks now so I hope you're right :)

For me, though, I won't get a second signal untill there's a 3 bar pullback. With reasonably clear air above (although some may take account of possible resistance at around 340 stemming from the six month congestion in 2002) taking out last Wednesday's high would seem positive.

My half euroworth

good trading

jon

Excellent chart example of high volume being unable to push price lower - and pullback (your circle) before moving on

Hi Neil,
last Autumn I used to trade teh DAX regularly but after the German elections the volitity seems to have settled and I find it difficult to see anything worthwhile.

It will change one day as DAX used to be very predictable.
anyway, 5 min chart for last 2 days

good luck,
Dave

Attachments

• DAX PERFORMANCE INDEX.png
    DAX PERFORMANCE INDEX.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 276
Thanks dave

Euro_d said:
Hi Neil,
last Autumn I used to trade teh DAX regularly but after the German elections the volitity seems to have settled and I find it difficult to see anything worthwhile.

It will change one day as DAX used to be very predictable.
anyway, 5 min chart for last 2 days

good luck,
Dave

Thanks dave,
Yes - volatility continues to be rather subdued. Methinks I will continue with forex for now.
Regards ;)

trade to watch

khi said:
a lot of ppl are viewing but not posting, if u dont want to post ur trades, i guess its becos u dont want ur ego to take over, its fine, u can always pm me instead. its good to exchange ideas.

I'm new to T2W, but here's a stock you should keep your eye on. It's been very, very, very, very good to me over the better part of six months and I'm not sure how long it will last. It's been a great one for intraday swing trading, day-trading for setups/strategies, regular swing trading, and investment/position trading. Just keep an eye on it and do with it what you want.

PHS is the ticker symbol...have fun and just send me 4% of your profits and we'll be square! :LOL:

Hi all
I am fairly new to trading and still finding my feet
Currently long bxtn,bur,cpw,dgo,gpor
short ezj,jlt,mrw,cpg

regards
Dave

Welcome to the other Dave, Mr Norman,
I have not been posting here for a while as the thread seems to have died?

also a skiing hol played havoc with the trading!

Am long in :
BATS
CHTR
ISYS
MSY
NWG
TNN

Seems we are in difficult times as most of the above are treading water, well it is better than a loss.
Opened ADN yesterday and it promptly dropped to the stop and closed itself.

Am still active on the indices but that is also tough the last few weeks.

Good trading to all,
Dave

Euro_d said:
Welcome to the other Dave, Mr Norman,
I have not been posting here for a while as the thread seems to have died?

also a skiing hol played havoc with the trading!

Am long in :
BATS
CHTR
ISYS
MSY
NWG
TNN

Seems we are in difficult times as most of the above are treading water, well it is better than a loss.
Opened ADN yesterday and it promptly dropped to the stop and closed itself.

Am still active on the indices but that is also tough the last few weeks.

Good trading to all,
Dave

Hi Dave.
Nice to see your post.
I agree with your sentiments about the market,a lot of these are going side ways and seam to have developed top areas.
I have become frustrated and have stopped trading for a bit ,glad to see you comments,I thought it was just me that was finding it difficult to make a profit lately

Regards Jon.