ACD Methodology

I know fisher uses the pivot range as a entry point..but has anyone incorporated the ranges for the other s/r levels with any success?

hi traders
here my last trade with acd

Attachments

• usd jpy.gif
    usd jpy.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,917
alirezamehdipor said:
hi traders
here my last trade with acd

Nice, but one trade is of no value to judge the method's merits. One would need to see at least 30 trades to get a barely adequate idea as to how the method works for this particular market.

hi guys
there was a narrow pivot range for GBPUSD and we have good volatility. but I prefered to trade on USDCHF. I attached a chart for USDCHF with two entry points.
happy trading

Attachments

• usdchf.gif
    usdchf.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,312
hi guys
you could buy gbp/jpy because daily is upterend and market made A UP.then you could buy in best zone (pfe). and set t/p at 206.00

Attachments

• gbp1.gif
    gbp1.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 835
Acd

Hi Alirezamehdipor,
Nice charts .
Help please. What time intervals are the charts.
How do you calculate; the opening range, The A up & A Down . THe C point.
Hope you dont mind.
ZigZag
P.S. I trade the Euro/USD

ZigZag said:
Hi Alirezamehdipor,
Nice charts .
Help please. What time intervals are the charts.
How do you calculate; the opening range, The A up & A Down . THe C point.
Hope you dont mind.
ZigZag
P.S. I trade the Euro/USD

hi zig zag,for trading eur/usd,you should see the chart at 8:30 to 9:00 cet
then you could identify oppening range
then you set A UP value at 10 pips above openning highand set A DOWN 10 pips below oppening low
and for C value you could set 12.5 pip above and below oppening range
cheers

Hey guys,
I've been reading your posts and all are very interesting, however something has been plaguing me when trying to trade ACD with FX and i was wondering if I could grab your guys suggestions
When calculating A, C pivot points etc for the FX markets, do you take the 24 hours into account or just the 'session' that you are trading. For Example, London session is approximately 2:am to 12pm EST so would you arrange to calculate A, C and pivot points based on price occurring ONLY within this range or would you include the whole 24 hours. Whilst only including the session is logical, the problem then becomes that most FX charting software only calculate the ATR (used for A and C points) for the WHOLE 24 hours, thereby 'diluting' the calculations of your various points.

ANy suggestions?
Much appreciated

Re: A C D Method

Does anyone have any formula / numbers / alogrithm's to find values for A and C .

After watching the Fisher videos, I have to say his method certainly warrants further investigation.

Also I'm slightly puzzled at the lack of response so far to the thread starter.

Has anyone watched these vids? C'mon guys this thread needs a helping hand :!:

counter

This is still a good basic method so are all other breakout systems .Applying it to other markets requires changing the strategy.

Yes I WATCHED THE VIDEOS

ANy suggestions?

There used to be quite a good thread at Moneytec on ACD.

I think you should start by seriously questioning the underlying assumption on which the method is based, and verifying this for yourself.

I'd also suggest that If your trying to trade ACD as a purely mechanical strategy, the method of calculating the values of A and C and the pivot really arent that important. However, as these values are the product thats being sold, everyone tends to focus on how the values are calculated, and they also tend to think there's some magic method involved that sudenly makes the method profitable.

There used to be quite a good thread at Moneytec on ACD.

I think you should start by seriously questioning the underlying assumption on which the method is based, and verifying this for yourself.

I'd also suggest that If your trying to trade ACD as a purely mechanical strategy, the method of calculating the values of A and C and the pivot really arent that important. However, as these values are the product thats being sold, everyone tends to focus on how the values are calculated, and they also tend to think there's some magic method involved that sudenly makes the method profitable.

The method is not profitable on every instrument, a variation of this method is the Hans 123 breakout system which failed on currencies.

The original acd values are obsolete.The markets have changed and the orignal method,in my opinion,is obsolete.

The original acd values are obsolete.The markets have changed and the orignal method,in my opinion,is obsolete.

I've certainly never come across anyone who was able to to successfully backtest ACD as a consistantly profitable mechanical system, and I know quite a few who have tried, and I include myself in that list.

I'm suggesting that anyone who wants to trade the method first needs to understand the theoretical edge on which the system is based, and then to verify if the market conditions on which that edge is based actually exists. The edge (or lack of it) has absolutely nothing to do with A and C values, or multiples of ATR or any such poppycock

The less said about the Hans 123 system the better :LOL: other than as a psychological study of a group of people of less than average intelligence being fooled by randomness

The less said about the Hans 123 system the better :LOL: other than as a psychological study of a group of people of less than average intelligence being fooled by randomness

Those pompous gurus claim it was a robust system in their mentoring rooms.Ignorant went further to suggest trading it after a drawdown period, and consequently blowing the accounts with bigger losses.Ignorant further suggested not trading it after a day of profitable breakouts.

Thanks to all these pathetic mentors giving free systems to blow accounts.

Does anyone have any formula / numbers / alogrithm's to find values for A and C .

After watching the Fisher videos, I have to say his method certainly warrants further investigation.

Also I'm slightly puzzled at the lack of response so far to the thread starter.

Has anyone watched these vids? C'mon guys this thread needs a helping hand :!:

counter
Hi there
Trading breakouts is good strategy but it depends on time frame I use 5 mins chart I draw support and resistance lines for the last 2 hrs just before I start trading then I use those s/ r lines for trading
But remember for first 30 mins price breaks thro these lines so don,t short at resistance or long at support .
You can apply this strategy inconjunctionwith stochastic indicator
I use two time frames one is tick chart and other 5 mins together to get my strategy and is working powerfully
Again you need to backtest till you win 25 trades out of 27 trades to get into live trade

You can visits this site I explain more with screenshots what I took in live
Passionaboutdaytrading.com |

Sanjay

This is still a good basic method so are all other breakout systems .Applying it to other markets requires changing the strategy.

Yes I WATCHED THE VIDEOS
Hi
The best strategy in day trading is stick to whatever strategy you have and backrest it till you win 99% if not filter out further your strategy and see where you have went wrong
I have experience in jumping for one strategy to other and end up losing not only money but losing focus on your own strategy
You will wasting time time in digging everywhere for gold stick to one place or strategy
If you don,t have any proven startegy you may try this in back testing
Divergence in stochastic with price ,use this in tick charts and support and resistance in 5 mins chart
When these two charts meet your strategy the you can take the signal

I explain more in my trading website
Passionaboutdaytrading.com |

Cheers good luck for day trading

Sanjay