tradingbacktester.com - web based backtesting software - Feedback needed

Lobo2010

I've developed a web based backtesting solution, providing the following features

• Upload your own historical data
  • playback historic data at your own pace
  • Enter trades as if in a live environment
  • Add indicators and markup your charts
  • Desktop or mobile. Backtest at home or on the go, making use of dead time such as on your commute or your lunch breaks
  • View stats such as winners/losers, win percentage, risk reward and much more to optimize your trading strategies or just get practise.

http://tradingbacktester.com

The application is still in beta phase, however I believe it is something beneficial for both new comers to get their feet wet in a simulated environment and also for mor experienced traders to test out different strategies.

I'd appreciate anyone who is interested to visit the website, give it a go and provide me with any feedback that they have. As a bit of background for me, my name is Ray and I'm a software developer with years of experience working in the investment banking sector. Having had th exposure to working on trading systems in the real world, and also having an interest in trading generally I put this application together as something that I thought would be beneficial. So again, any feedback would be appreciated.

http://tradingbacktester.com

Note, the application currently only supports Chrome and Firefox.

Hi Ray!

I've taken a short look at it. I have to say, the user interface is very nice!
Two notes:
- I've added some lines in a graph, but now I'm looking for a way to remove them without reloading the chart?
- Is it possible to add rules to indicators? I.e. the famous MA crosses?

Kind regards,

Koen

Thanks for the feedback. Can I ask whether you are accessing via desktop or mobile?

On desktop it should just be double clicking the line to highlight it and then right clicking on it.
On mobile you will want to select the line from the pop out menu on the left and select the delete option.

When you say rules, what do you expect the rules to specify? I'm currently working on automated backtesting which can be configured via a graphical setup. This should be available soon.

Cheers
Ray

Hi Ray,

Desktop, using chrome.

With rules I mean things like
IF MA 9 bullish crosses MA 18 --> Buy
IF MA 9 bearisch crosses MA 18 --> Close position and/or Sell

Koen,

Im working on that functionality as we speak and should be available in the near future.

Ive dropped you a PM. Thanks for the feedback.

Ray