Backtesting

sax_eddie

Hi There

2 questions:

1. I'm about to buy sharescope, and was wondering if it has backtesting features, or if I would need to export the historical data provided, and write my own backtesting application? I'm looking to backtest simple trend based strategies before implementing them in my trading.

2. Can I export end of day data for FTSE 350 shares in one go, ie to excel / csv? I need to do daily analysis and am just covering this base in the case that I will need to do the analysis outside of sharescope.

Also, if anyone would like to refer me to get a free month, please contact me.

Regards
Eddie

Hi Eddie, if you subscribe to ShareScope Plus or Pro you could use ShareScript to create backtesting scripts. See our forum at ShareScope ShareScript - post up an outline of your strategies and someone will confirm whether or not you can script a backtesting routine for it. And yes you can export price history for a list of shares in one go.
Regards,

Hi There

2 questions:

1. I'm about to buy sharescope, and was wondering if it has backtesting features, or if I would need to export the historical data provided, and write my own backtesting application? I'm looking to backtest simple trend based strategies before implementing them in my trading.

2. Can I export end of day data for FTSE 350 shares in one go, ie to excel / csv? I need to do daily analysis and am just covering this base in the case that I will need to do the analysis outside of sharescope.

Also, if anyone would like to refer me to get a free month, please contact me.

Regards
Eddie