Aapl

luckyd1976

Established member
With the Upside surprise AAPL starts to become interesting here. I liked AAPL technically, after it broke the Apr 7th highs this week, but I wanted to wait til after earnings.

ST S/R 168.50-158.09
Keep it on your radar (Wait for the breakout)
Now that earnings are out of the way. MTerm swing with tight stop and I'm likely to Condor this for May later in the US business Day tomorrow.

With the Upside surprise AAPL starts to become interesting here. I liked AAPL technically, after it broke the Apr 7th highs this week, but I wanted to wait til after earnings.

ST S/R 168.50-158.09
Keep it on your radar (Wait for the breakout)
Now that earnings are out of the way. MTerm swing with tight stop and I'm likely to Condor this for May later in the US business Day tomorrow.

Of Course AAPL comes out and Sandbags next quarter. After the initial runup, traders knock it down. AAPL bounced $155. and it settled $158.60 now. ST watch and follow AAPL tomorrow. Funny thing is AAPL does this every quarter! So this is probably just profit taking for the Recent 1-2month runup.

AAPL is moving afterhours 155-156 Watch for the @$153.6 retracement here and the S/R breakouts of 144.50-168.50 over the next few days

Long AAPL
w/married PUT

Also placed a Bull P/S 145/140 for income.

If Support at $158. is broken Im closing the P/S.

Considering for tomorrow rolling my 165p (.APVRM) up to 175p (.APVRO) in order to protect against tomorrows FED SPEAK. Protect the 3% gain in that pick.

Im letting the market settle, then Im moving up to June 175p.

Normaly I like my married puts (initial positioning) 3 months out but AAPL puts tend to be over valued ALL THE TIME. All you dang AAPL-holics. But I guess becuase of you AAPL-holics we've had a nice 5% move in 4 days.

I bought the Jun 165 (.APVFM) and sold the July 170 (.APVGN) for even money on this bad boy. Just trying my luck on a long calendar vertical here ... Good luck.

Filled Apr24 at $169.35
New Stop $177.65
New Spread 165/160 NCredit $0.22

Add that to my 145/140 0.40 NCredit

Total returns (at my Stop price) of 17.3% in 7 days

Here is the Support & Resistance Table for AAPL that applies to Friday's trade:

http://www.support-resistance-report.com/SRTables/AAPL816.html

A Support & Resistance Table shows precisely where AAPL stands in relation to all of
the important aspects of Support and Resistance from 4 separate charts:
(Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Point & Figure).

It also highlights areas of Gathering Support (Buy Alerts) and areas of Gathering Resistance (Sell Alerts).

Well just a quick update... AAPL stopped out at $181.92 (+7.4%) Plus all the income from the Credit Spreads.

S/R = $192.24 - $180.54

Im getting long again at $191.26

Just for fun...

Normally I dont play pre earnings Iron Condors but I like the setup here.

AAPL 210/200/130/120 @ NC $1.07

Tonights earnings shouldnt move it that much (+/-20% range cushions) and after tomorrow the IV will be sucked out of AAPL.

I'm pacing this with a much smaller fraction of my usual allocated play size. But to good to pass up. So we'll see if this descretionary play holds up after tommorrow.

AAPL Condor played well.

LongTerm Im not sold on AAPL. They're NEW IPhone is a lower margin product and if their Margins contract to lets say Nokia's then the added Premium isnt worthy. And besides on their conference call. They refused to aswer the Analyst question of Steven Jobs Health. In the past they've alway have said he's in good health. Jobs IS VITAL to AAPL success LongTerm.

Last week I started scalping AAPL (+10% of QQQQ) pretty well. For those of you who might not of noticed AAPL is now 13% of the Q's. And since the Q's get scalped by alot of people. AAPL will probably be moving for quite some time. If you are a US Stock Scalper.

AAPL is IN PLAY. With AAPL hovering around 79.30 (-7% after hours) With Steve Jobs health announcement and reaction, AAPL Volatility is going to go through the roof. Collar/Covered Calls plays are going to look good tomorrow. Fundamentally the company hasnt changed. Buy the stock and get some cushion with some HIV OTM calls.

Last edited: