A new forum - just for me!

Steve

437 108
Hi Isatrader

OK it is done!

They allowed me into the inner workings to do it myself which probably means I will have broken something :smart:

So have a go with it and let me know if it is OK please.

Also, just so everyone is aware, know these things are changed on a forum by forum basis so the only one it applies to at the moment is the TA one.

I can change others on request.

Steve

isatrader

2,928 128
Hi Isatrader

OK it is done!

They allowed me into the inner workings to do it myself which probably means I will have broken something :smart:

Also, just so everyone is aware, know these things are changed on a forum by forum basis so the only one it applies to at the moment is the TA one.

Steve
Thanks Steve, I really appreciate the effort. I've just done a quick test and it worked perfectly. So I'll be able to do a proper summary of the thread now on the first post with links to most useful content and frequently asked questions. :smart:

Reactions: Charlton and tar

Steve

437 108
That's great news!

There will be a few red faces here from those that were going short on my ability to make the changes without assistance!

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Steve

tar

Legendary member
10,441 1,309
Hi Isatrader

OK it is done!

Steve
IMHO this definitely should be applied to the Journals section ...

isatrader

2,928 128
That's great news!

There will be a few red faces here from those that were going short on my ability to make the changes without assistance!

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Steve
Hi Steve, I've done a bit of a update on the opening post today on my stage analysis thread and the simple quick edit function works fine. But one thing I noticed was that when I clicked the advanced edit button I got an error message. So that might need fixing for the future, unless you only want to allow text updates, and not pictures. There's no rush, as i haven't done the images yet; but I would like to put some marked up example charts in the first post as well at some point. Cheers

Steve

437 108
Hi Steve, I've done a bit of a update on the opening post today on my stage analysis thread and the simple quick edit function works fine. But one thing I noticed was that when I clicked the advanced edit button I got an error message. So that might need fixing for the future, unless you only want to allow text updates, and not pictures. There's no rush, as i haven't done the images yet; but I would like to put some marked up example charts in the first post as well at some point. Cheers
OK i'll pass this on and get back to you with an answer.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Steve

Steve

437 108
OK i'll pass this on and get back to you with an answer.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Steve
Just to let you know I have not forgotten this, it is taking a bit more figuring out than we thought. I know there's no rush but i'll get an answer one way or another.

Steve

Steve

437 108
15 post minimum before PM's allowed

I'm getting increasing requests to deal with this especially as the number of people posting nonsense just so they can PM is on the increase. Why they should want to just post a PM rather than making a contribution is something that bugs me and tempts me to just leave the restriction in place.

However, this drivel is annoying for members and wastes too much mod time sorting it out. So, with immediate effect the restriction is lifted. We'll see if this creates a whole set of new problems but i'm hoping it won't!

wackypete2

Legendary member
10,188 2,040
Hi Steve,
This is the sort of thing that makes other members just give up on reading the threads. Fixing it afterwards is easy and the mods usually do after it gets reported. How to prevent it?? That's the $million question :)

Also, many thanks to all the staff and admin for the new private forum (y)

Attachments

Hakuna Matata

357 209
there were two suggestions I made a while back and I'd like to know if any progress has been made on either...

1) ability to "follow" a poster
2) ability to "mark threads as unread"

anybody??