A Master Class in FX Intraday Trading by F & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.
bit of a bad day for me, 1 small winner, 5 small losers, -18 pips. Really dull all day, I couldnt seem to find much stuff about ... the last hour I was guessing the GU would sell off a bit, and was trying to use the LRs and the 30 min rule to find a top, but it just kept going higher .... annoying

n8nhrRn.jpg

bit of a bad day for me, 1 small winner, 5 small losers, -18 pips. Really dull all day, I couldnt seem to find much stuff about ... the last hour I was guessing the GU would sell off a bit, and was trying to use the LRs and the 30 min rule to find a top, but it just kept going higher .... annoying

n8nhrRn.jpg

hey next time only take counter trend trades afters ( in this case) the high 30 rule is in. that will filter somewhat for you

n8nhrRn.jpg

Hi PP

GU

The prices you wanted to sell at needed to make a lower low

Instead on your chart PA was still painting HH's and HL's so still bullish

Only scalp sell when you hit a R area level and then you hope to see a LL after 5 or 10 pips followed by a LH and anther LL saying a sell

This is one of Sun's problems - not noticing PA on th 1 min and noticing if it as changed

Look at your chart from price at 4270 - its just been HH's and HLS and main LRs still saying buy and scalp Lrs only offering small pullbacks

Hope this helps PP

Regards

F

GU - 12 hrs on from this morning - still bullish Price structure

GU

Update at 8 00 pm

Price now up at 4440 area

Notice traffic lights sequence on mid LRs - ie red yellow green - bullish PS

Chart - 1 min LR

216286d1454357529-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-gu-1216-pm-2.png

Attachments

• GU - 1216 PM 2.png
    GU - 1216 PM 2.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 775
Hi Raja

No problem and will cover some examples tomorrow and in the new month

Basically any new interim high or low intraday that last over 30 + mins from a conception - more than likely with pullback or retrace more and if it then goes over 1 hr and still not made a new low or high - that shows a turn is being tried

Normally in a rally new lows or highs are made weill under 30 mins - ie every 5 or 10 or 15 mins - so if you get to 20 mins and you are say 15 or 20 pips away from the low or high - probability favours it will carry on rather than going to breach the low or high.

Its really another clue on catching high and lows - ie you scalp and as you know scalps normally might only last 3 to 15 mins and make 3 to 20 pips - but if you stay in the pullback / retrace over 20 then 30 mins - its showing a turn is being tried

You can have a low or high last say 45 mins - and then after 50 or 60 mins breach it - but if it goes on past an hour - again another clue to a larger turn

Whilst you are watching time - you do need also to see new HH and Hl's - or the opposite - ie LL's and LH's - again extra clues on the 1 min with time and LR's

Hope that helps

Regards

F

Thanks for Reply
actualy what i understand, lets say choose interim high of GBPUSD at 1.4400 and if the high will be taken out and Price stay there at least 30+ min at 1.4412 and then price pull back a little bit around 1.4402 and then it could go for breach interim high to 1.4412 or above. is it Correct ?

Last edited:
Thanks for Reply
actualy what i understand, lets say choose interim high of GBPUSD at 1.4400 and if the high will be taken out and Price stay there at least 30+ min at 1.4412 and then price pull back a little bit around 1.4402 and then it could go for breach interim high to 1.4412 or above. is it Correct ?

If the interim high stays at 4400 and does not go higher for over 30 mins but falls - that favours the high NOT being breached

It can then be breached after say 50 or 60 mins and then price going higher to say 4412 - and then same again - do we get another high at say 4420 under 30 mins or does 4412 hold for over 30 mins

If say 4412 held for over 30 mins and over 60 mins - then that favours a larger pullback to a lower support at say 4380 or 4360

Every level needs to be breached in under 30 mins for a move to continue in a rally

Hope that make sense - it is complicated - but once you understand it its another clue to help catch interim highs and lows etc

If after say 2O mins a high or low as held and its moved away from it over 20 or 30 pips - then it favours not breaching after 30 + mins

If howver after 20 mins the pullback from a high or low is only 5 or 10 pips away - it could easily then break level and breach it to stay with rally

So this is why you judge the size of pullbacks etc etc

Regards

F

PS hope to start before 6 30 am tomorrow am

See you in the morning guys

If the interim high stays at 4400 and does not go higher for over 30 mins but falls - that favours the high NOT being breached

It can then be breached after say 50 or 60 mins and then price going higher to say 4412 - and then same again - do we get another high at say 4420 under 30 mins or does 4412 hold for over 30 mins

If say 4412 held for over 30 mins and over 60 mins - then that favours a larger pullback to a lower support at say 4380 or 4360

Every level needs to be breached in under 30 mins for a move to continue in a rally

Hope that make sense - it is complicated - but once you understand it its another clue to help catch interim highs and lows etc

If after say 2O mins a high or low as held and its moved away from it over 20 or 30 pips - then it favours not breaching after 30 + mins

If howver after 20 mins the pullback from a high or low is only 5 or 10 pips away - it could easily then break level and breach it to stay with rally

So this is why you judge the size of pullbacks etc etc

Regards

F

PS hope to start before 6 30 am tomorrow am

See you in the morning guys

Thank you so much i did the same with GU with the same formula when it was below 4300. it worked. Thanx again keep it up.

Tuesday 2nd February 2016 - Pre Opens at 6 30 am

Good Morning all FX traders

Short morning session for me - as out after 9 15 am and only back after 1 30 pm today

Ok so got to approx 8 00 am and London Open to scalp and get some morning set ups etc etc

With me being out all input welcome on any FX pairs etc

Charts - calls - comments - questions etc etc

Have a good day - got to check news events for any pair i should look extra at trading as well

Regards

F

EA

6 35 am

Because I scalp this pair a lot - I have started to use the tick chart more on it - in conjunction with my 1 min chart

This morning at 6 07 am on the tick it was saying look for a scalp sell

6 09 am on the 1 min at 5436 said scalp sell as well - so I sold

It then dropped to 5398 level in a nice fall in 18 mins

I will post my tick chart in abit as it was so nice set up

The EA is still in a bullish PS above 5300 and 5320 - but needs to make above 5450 and 60 to really carry on buying

GU

6 40 am

Already mentioned this pair on Sun's thread this morning

Its clearly in a down bear bias under 4450 and 60

morning all

heres where I am

BUYS - AUD , Europeans
SELLS - YEN , CAD

usd is strong but I will be willing to sell if situation arises .....shes being tested at moment so a reversal is easlily possible

EU

6 45 am

IN a bullish PS above 0880 / 85 this morning with high so far at a R area of 0920

We need to see over 0925 and 30 to stay bullish and buy more - if not then is a range down to either 0860 or 0850 for now

morning all

heres where I am

BUYS - AUD , Europeans
SELLS - YEN , CAD

usd is strong but I will be willing to sell if situation arises .....shes being tested at moment so a reversal is easlily possible

Morning N

Short morning session for me - had a good scalp on EA and out after 8 00 am and 9 15 am to Nottingham - so not around then to US session

Have a good one

Regards

F

First supports 4380 and then 60 & 50

Ideally sell again on bounce staying under 4410 or 20

GBP and USD both showing strength early London .......gbp is certainly struggling last few mins though .........will stay neutral on this one at moment :smart:

Morning N

Short morning session for me - had a good scalp on EA and out after 8 00 am and 9 15 am to Nottingham - so not around then to US session

Have a good one

Regards

F

what - the sells ?

nice moves ..............again for me Europeans and Aussies are all bull London so far...I ideally like to be selling the Trend Bears and buying Trend bulls :smart:

such is life
N

Attachments

• ea sells.JPG
    ea sells.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 139
EJ

6 50 AM

Clearly in a down bear bias under 132 00 and 131 90

supports at 131 30/35 held and R up at 60 and then 70-75

Ideally need to look at sell again under 70 /75

GBP and USD both showing strength early London .......gbp is certainly struggling last few mins though .........will stay neutral on this one at moment :smart:

For me GU is a bear price structure under 4440 / 50 area favouring sells on pullbacks

supports under at 4380 and then 60 and 50

morning all

heres where I am

BUYS - AUD , Europeans
SELLS - YEN , CAD

heres where I am working it so far .....the sells above :smart:

I don't need to get tooo fancy yet :cool:

N

Attachments

• working the trend london.JPG
    working the trend london.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.