A journal

OK - but can you get some technical advice on the term 'screen shot' ?

It's not supposed to involve a digital camera :LOL:

I think a blurry digital camera image taken at an angle is much harder to paint brush/photo shop than a screen captured with 'Prnt Scrn'.

OK - but can you get some technical advice on the term 'screen shot' ?

It's not supposed to involve a digital camera :LOL:

True but that computer isn't connected to the internet, so there's no other way of getting info off it apart from absurd fooling around with USB sticks or whatever...

come on all the money you make you not able to afford better equipment? where is your sense of duty?!

Last edited:
I find it all quite interesting.
I used to be in the original chatzy room and Im sure Arabian wont mind me saying that he was pretty terrible when it came to calling trades on the FTSE with a free spreadbet account some of us were playing around with. He even said it himself.

However, he is obviously good at consistently taking money from his STIRS trading. Id love to know why that is/what the difference is. Is it do with information he has access to that he didn't when trying to trade the FTSE? Or is it just an entirely different game he's playing compared to what all of us retail guys consider 'trading' to be.?..

I find it all quite interesting.
I used to be in the original chatzy room and Im sure Arabian wont mind me saying that he was pretty terrible when it came to calling trades on the FTSE with a free spreadbet account some of us were playing around with. He even said it himself.

However, he is obviously good at consistently taking money from his STIRS trading. Id love to know why that is/what the difference is. Is it do with information he has access to that he didn't when trying to trade the FTSE? Or is it just an entirely different game he's playing compared to what all of us retail guys consider 'trading' to be.?..

At a guess I'd suggest what he trades in his professional life is worlds away from the scenario you mention;

Short term interest rate (STIR) derivatives - an efficient means to enhance your risk management

NYSE Liffe offers easy on-exchange exposure to short-term euro, sterling and Japanese interest rates with our comprehensive portfolio of STIR futures and options contracts

http://www.euronext.com/landing/landingInfo-2099-EN.html

The easiest answer is that they move differently and you don't have to necessarily take a directional view, as such.

The easiest answer is that they move differently and you don't have to necessarily take a directional view, as such.

Bloody hell Dave, i thought you were going to post a chart with annotation, damned you for not pictorialising your thoughts and feelings. I want your stirs mind, body and soul.

Bloody hell Dave, i thought you were going to post a chart with annotation, damned you for not pictorialising your thoughts and feelings. I want your stirs mind, body and soul.

I would pictoralise them, but I don't have that chicken image anymore

Thanks. I assumed as much.
I come from a purely spreadbetting and futures background so I imagine its 2 different worlds, although I have got some nice consistency in the last few years or so after years of learning, and things are looking good.
Still something to think about though.
Does your 'style' require that one works through a firm or do you think you could do what you do if your firm dissapeared tomorrow and you had to open up a retail trading account?
thanks

Could do it on a retail trading account assuming round trip fees were low enough, easy.