90% of traders lose money , is it even true ??

This pandemic will make a lot of people poorer and some desperately so.
What will they all do ?
I guess some may agree to be someone else's slave for some months to pay off their debts.
Some will disappear without paying.
Crime will get out of control
Oh well
I doubt the Govt. will give back the weapons Blair stole. Have to fend off the marauding hordes with cream pies or something...............

Been there, done that and got the T Shirt
This pandemic will make a lot of people poorer and some desperately so.
What will they all do ?
I guess some may agree to be someone else's slave for some months to pay off their debts.
Some will disappear without paying.
Crime will get out of control
Oh well
I doubt the Govt. will give back the weapons Blair stole. Have to fend off the marauding hordes with cream pies or something...............
If this government continues to make mistake after mistake, then don't dismiss the possibility of wholesale public dissatisfaction leading to civil unrest.

Been there, done that and got the T Shirt

If this government continues to make mistake after mistake, then don't dismiss the possibility of wholesale public dissatisfaction leading to civil unrest.

Aren't BLM/XR/BBC/CivilService/liberal establishment/Wokes already doing all they can to promote just that?

Aren't BLM/XR/BBC/CivilService/liberal establishment/Wokes already doing all they can to promote just that?
I don't know. My fear is that, if we leave the EU without a deal, food shortages could be the catalyst for riots and civil disorder.

there won't be food shortages
30% of our food is imported from the EU. That's quite a shortfall, if that disappears. We were told, by the PM, that he had an "oven ready deal", with the EU, all set to go. To date, that doesn't appear to be true.

30% of our food is imported from the EU. That's quite a shortfall, if that disappears. We were told, by the PM, that he had an "oven ready deal", with the EU, all set to go. To date, that doesn't appear to be true.
those imports comes fro. countries with significant gdp from exporting to us. The supply won't stop and if it did the EU would be deeper in the toilet than they already are. Added to this, they heavily desire our fishing grounds. So to think that somehow the food supply will just halt in the event of a no deal is rather naive. Trade will still happen

those imports comes fro. countries with significant gdp from exporting to us. The supply won't stop and if it did the EU would be deeper in the toilet than they already are. Added to this, they heavily desire our fishing grounds. So to think that somehow the food supply will just halt in the event of a no deal is rather naive. Trade will still happen
We'll do what we think is right for us. I have made contingency plans, having seen supermarket shelves stripped bare when Covid-19 hit.

I think the civil unrest/global riots are coming regardless.
We can see the escalations in recent times, and the situation is only getting worse.

"It's never a good time to be poor. But this is a bad time to be rich!" - https://www.trade2win.com/threads/current-global-economic-state-outlook.237141/post-3160093
Look at the historical progress in world GDP, there is a continuously growth with a little drawdowns that we call crisis and recession. Why do you think that current time is another?

Look at the historical progress in world GDP, there is a continuously growth with a little drawdowns that we call crisis and recession. Why do you think that current time is another?
Hi mate :)
I'm not really sure what you are saying...

Are you asking why I think we will have much more civil unrest/riots when global GDP has been consistent, and only very few recessions?

If so, then it's simple.
The divide between the wealthy and the poor has gotten far worse.
Each generation has had less and less since the baby boomers (1945-65).
We have also become more individual... putting our individual needs above the needs of the community - this has already fractured society and destroyed the bond that held us together.

I think you might find the book "The Fourth Turning" interesting.

Are you asking why I think we will have much more civil unrest/riots when global GDP has been consistent, and only very few recessions?

If so, then it's simple.
We have also become more individual... putting our individual needs above the needs of the community - this has already fractured society and destroyed the bond that held us together.

Hey
I'm from Russia and my English isn't as excellent as you already seen :). I agree with you about wealth and opportunity inequality and maybe we will see processes that you talking about. But in history scale, it will be a very small and minor period.

If so, then it's simple.

I love Ray Dalio and all his works in this field, have you seen it?

Hey
I'm from Russia and my English isn't as excellent as you already seen :). I agree with you about wealth and opportunity inequality and maybe we will see processes that you talking about. But in history scale, it will be a very small and minor period.

Your English is much better than my Russian :giggle:

I understand what you are saying, but I disagree.
I believe we are very close to a very large crisis... and likely a war.

I'm conscious that we are hijacking this thread which is supposed to be able 90% of traders losing money.

I have a thread here on T2W related to what we are discussing, and I am happy to discuss this further there: https://www.trade2win.com/threads/current-global-economic-state-outlook.237141/

What markets do you trade and what strategies do you use?

I swing trade any market where I see a great opportunity. I look for situations where the probability of reward is high, and the probability of risk lower in comparison.

I use fundamentals to decide whether I want to be in or out of a trade, and I use technicals to choose my entry and exit.

When I am in a trade, I might short term trade part of my position. Meaning, I sell part of my position when I reach targets, and then buy it back for cheaper when price pulls back.

I am constantly reading articles and listening to people smarter than me, as this help me build up my understanding of situations.

Last edited: