50pips Daily Trading Signals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closed 75% of position @ 15579

Stop has been moved to entry @15605

Decided to close out the remaining 25% @ 15583

Todays results....

+18 cable

+ 25 based on 75% of position size, cable.

+ 22 based on 25% of position size, cable

Decided to close out the remaining 25% @ 15583

Todays results....

+18 cable

+ 25 based on 75% of position size, cable.

+ 22 based on 25% of position size, cable

good stuff....waiting to see if I get my trigger to go long on cable...

Hey there,

Good stuff 50pips ! Thank you !
Black Swan - what's your trigger to go long on cable ?

Hey there,

Good stuff 50pips ! Thank you !
Black Swan - what's your trigger to go long on cable ?

Same as always bud, a combo of, (working upwards from bottom of screen); rsi, stoch, 2/3 moving averages, macd... if 4 out of five (or the 5) *signals* line up then the charts alarm screeches, I pull trigger....simples...:)
This is normally the time of day I down tools and leave stops and limits in place (after a bit of tinkering), lack of volume etc. gives of false signals and we're flat atm so not in cable and not gonna trade 'till the morning, off now, my lads have got their MMA class...:)

Same as always bud, a combo of, (working upwards from bottom of screen); rsi, stoch, 2/3 moving averages, macd... if 4 out of five (or the 5) *signals* line up then the charts alarm screeches, I pull trigger....simples...:)
This is normally the time of day I down tools and leave stops and limits in place (after a bit of tinkering), lack of volume etc. gives of false signals and we're flat atm so not in cable and not gonna trade 'till the morning, off now, my lads have got their MMA class...:)

you indicator junkie you ;)

Hey 50pip

Great thread. Keep up the good work..

Although I've rarely posted on this web site I have been trading away in the shadows for the last 5 years and only believe that I have only started to grasp this game in the last 18 months.

Interested to see how this thread develops and glad to see its still alive. For the record.. I'm also about to begin trading full time. Was contemplating starting a thread about my signals and results and glad to see that you had the courage to do it..

Hey guys. Not trading today. So there won't be any calls today. Going out with wife for a nice lunch.

What is a strike rate and how do you deem one?

It seems this thread has had it's fair share of LULZ and I'm not here to start any more. I used to make live calls but it is not something I do regularly anymore because it tends to cloud my objectivity so I completely respect what you are doing.

However, I just wanted to say that I'm siding with Zupcons answer to your post above. Your post on strike rate seems to me to be totally absurd.

A strike rate is not measured by how many trades go into profit - it is measured by how many trades result in net profit once they are closed. Claiming that 80% of trades go into profit is nothing special. As Zupcon said it doesn't take a rocket scientist to get a much higher figure.

I can honestly say I've probably bought or sold the exact high/low once or twice in the last four or five years. So, if covering spread and going at least a tick into profit is a hit for your strike rate then my strike rate would be about 99.999%.

Entry is 100% irrelevant. The final outcome is the only thing that matters.

I think justifying your first two losers with this argument really undermines your credibility.

Anyway, like I said, I don't want to start an argument. I haven't followed the whole thread so whether you are making money or not, well done for having the guts to put your head above the parapet and also holding the course during the rocky times of Lulz and backlash. I just wanted to comment on that post because I had a strong feeling about it.

All the best,

Tom

Last edited:
However, I just wanted to say that I'm siding with Zupcons answer to your post above. Your post on strike rate seems to me to be totally absurd.

A strike rate is not measured by how many trades go into profit - it is measured by how many trades result in net profit once they are closed. Claiming that 80% of trades go into profit is nothing special. As Zupcon said it doesn't take a rocket scientist to get a much higher figure.

I can honestly say I've probably bought or sold the exact high/low once or twice in the last four or five years. So, if covering spread and going at least a tick into profit is a hit for your strike rate then my strike rate would be about 99.999%.

Entry is 100% irrelevant. The final outcome is the only thing that matters.

My question was ment to be one for others. I wasn't saying that entrys only were classed as a strike rate. I was trying to make a point about something that maybe I didn't put across right.

I think justifying your first two losers with this argument really undermines your credibility.

I justifyed my 2 losers becasue I was giving my reasons and thoughts on my trades. Win lose draw. This is more of a live journal after all.

"Credibility" Well I think 188,000 members should be have there credibility examined. Including the mods and veteran members and "legendry" members.

With all due respect....... why should people listen to you more than me ? or think you are a better trader, or even know more than me about this game becasue your post count is higher.

Fair enough for you're comments and there took on board. But T2W and there legandary/vetern members credibility don't really have a place on the same sentence.

With all due respect....... why should people listen to you more than me ? or think you are a better trader, or even know more than me about this game becasue your post count is higher.

With respect, its not about post count. T2W's insistance of labelling members on the basis of quantity rather than quality is a subject thats frequently debated, and on which they are quite rightly critisised.

However, whilst you've brought up the issue of post count, if you look at post count of members making comments and asking questions in threads in which live calls are made, these types of threads do tend to attract their fair share of new and inexperienced traders.

When communicating with new traders, It's not particularly helpful to anyone if you redefine industry standard terms such as strike rate, nor is it particularly helpful to make claims such as 8/10 of entries result in profit at some point, without placing that comment into a wider context.

If this where not a live calls thread, attracting inexperienced traders then I would not have passed comment on the assessment of your entries. However, as its a thread attracting new members, I feel that from an educational perspective that your claims need to be placed within a wider context.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that your objectives are insincere, but these kind of statistical manipulations are commonly used by vendors operating at the unscrupulous end of the spectrum, and it does no harm to occassionally point out these issues in the interests of the common good.

Please, if nobody objects, I would like to ask a trading question.

50pips - what closing time do you use for calculating your daily pivots?

Many thanks and keep up the good work!

I had just spent a rather long time typing up a huge reply here and deleted the whole thing becasue of PM's I was getting in support of what I'm doing.

I will continue to do my thing here regardless of the low life that haunt this forum.

I will start posting trades again on Monday morning.

ps. My thread was the hottest thread in the last 7 days. But has since vanished from that list.

the 12-2pm breakout for thursday and friday resulted in fasle breakout = losses

it would have been 3 wins and 2 loses for the breakout this week

I will no longer be posting on this thread, as I have a new one which I have control over.............

Remember use this with another signal generater (system)

You will also have to use your own target zones, money management rules and exit rules.
This is just to help with direction.

the 12-2pm breakout for thursday and friday resulted in fasle breakout = losses

it would have been 3 wins and 2 loses for the breakout this week

Did you follow the above comment that I posted on the rules of this ? Or just trade the breakout ?

Clear printed this in bold letters in red ink and under score....page 2 post 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.