2nd of September was the day!

October 26th was the day that the 'all assets v dollar' ponzi began to unravel?

Just as gold rose on the back of the dollar weakness, it is falling and will continue to
fall on the dollar bounce. The price action highlights the speculative nature.

Oil and gold are experiencing speculative bubbles alongside stocks and foreign currencies and although there will be some demand for gold as an alternative asset, the rush for the anti-dollar exit door will exceed any support for price.

Why keep buying at 1020 or 1000 when you can buy at 600?(n)

Last edited:
Gold Correction Antagonists arrive right on time

October 26th was the day that the 'all assets v dollar' ponzi began to unravel?

Just as gold rose on the back of the dollar weakness, it is falling and will continue to
fall on the dollar bounce. The price action highlights the speculative nature.

Oil and gold are experiencing speculative bubbles alongside stocks and foreign currencies and although there will be some demand for gold as an alternative asset, the rush for the anti-dollar exit door will exceed any support for price.

Why keep buying at 1020 or 1000 when you can buy at 600?(n)

So for future reference and clarity - you are short at these$1038 levels Target $600.

As I trade my views, I have yet to find the sell side that does the same, but many protagnists that like to argue the point.

Guguplex built a 50 page thread doing such when we were at the $550 levels (Arguing plenty, never trading or posting any trades) , so given your prediction down to those levels we may actually see him re-emerge, as all atempts to engage him over the last 18 months have failed dismally, he was, How should I say 'spirited away along with his view'.
:LOL:

Me I am awaiting the next pattern set up to go long and will post accordingly.

The US government is not going to let it become known as a one way bet south they will do there best to disguise their Ponzi Scheme with lots of sharp spikes to shake out the under funded longs.

In 2 years time take a mark from this day (26th October) if Gold is not $100 above current level I will give you the win.

That means if it is only $1138 and some $538 dollars from your prediction, I will say you won on a sportsmen bet, In fact if you are even still around and prepared to reconvene in 2yrs time on these boards - I'll call it a draw if Gold is only say $1200?

Is that Fair?

Are you on?

My view is that gold will fall to $600 by mid 2010. From mid-2010, it may then start a longer term uptrend but I would need to wait til mid-2010 to see what has transpired with stimulus, monetary policy and bank stability before I make that decision.

I keep hearing the confirmation bias about inflation but it has yet to appear. It may never appear as it didn't in Japan.

The gold price is moving inverse to the dollar and has also been given a boost by the recent dollar panic and media attention. People have been awakening to the diversification gold play but the price action of the last few days has given me the confirmation I needed to believe that any strong move in the dollar will unwind the gold price.

It's clear from the last few days that underlying fundamental support is not there for gold. Pure speculation above $1000. A brisk unwind from continued dollar strength will blow away $1000 like it did to $100 oil.

I posted this view previously and was updating it with the recent price action. It's merely a view from a bearish perspective and is a welcome relief from scaremongers such as Peter Schiff and Gerald Celente who make big statements in order to sell subscriptions and the confirmation bias which is all over the boards.

I'd see myself as a realist, rather than an antagonist. If I saw inflation, then I'd maybe join in the gold rush but it hasn't appeared, despite the markets pricing it in fully. History has shown how good the markets are at pricing in underlying fundamentals.

Last edited:
Fair play.

Good response - Gold for +now is merely US Dollar weakness play mainly.

whilst Gold has nosed ahead slightly on Euro it is relatively low on AUD.

Although I can't see the outlook improving greatly for the Dollar and the fact that Gold has not broken really on at a great level on the other Currencies leaves the upside for when it does if it does.

Apart from periodic spikes in strength USD should head down there recognised debt is 12 Trillion not including that implied by Medicare and social security, with all those boomers retiring, it is not going to get easier and the debt to be offered to sustain dire net import numbers and personal indebtedness will not help imv.

My view, is that shares and Gold will resume upside, with Dollar weakness re-asserting on strong GDP numbers.

So go short Dollar to other majors and Gold - Long Commodities and shares as the theme reasserts for the next few period or so.

My view is that gold will fall to $600 by mid 2010.

Gold is still well off its all time high adjusted for half decent inflation stats. At the moment it looks cheap given this environment.

I keep hearing the confirmation bias about inflation but it has yet to appear. It may never appear as it didn't in Japan.

A better comparison would be Argentina.

why? is america's debt in a forign currencey? er no. (how many ****ing times do i have to go over this!)

My view, is that shares and Gold will resume upside, with Dollar weakness re-asserting on strong GDP numbers.

So go short Dollar to other majors and Gold - Long Commodities and shares as the theme reasserts for the next few period or so.

'Strong' GDP where the G stands for Government Domestic Product ie. cash for clunkers and home incentives - it is a pyschological 'end' rather than a practical end.

why? is america's debt in a forign currencey? er no. (how many ****ing times do i have to go over this!)

This fact led to the breakdown of the Bretton Woods agreement, when countries were asking for payment of debt in gold. Now countries are beginning to ask that US debt be denominated in other currencies than USD. The biggest purchasers of US debt at the moment are the US govt. Other countries are shunning US treasuries and unless interest rates rise they will continue to do so.

How many times must we go over the fact that $ devaluation leads to American inflation, especially when they net import so much, the Chinese peg is the only part saving them for now and all pegs eventually fail.

Last edited:
dollar devaluation is only speculation at this point. so there are no facts involved what so ever

dollar devaluation is only speculation at this point. so there are no facts involved what so ever

Were it unfounded speculation why has it consistently fallen for such an extended period?

To be clear 2000 January 82 US cents to 1 Euro - today 1.484 Dollars to 1 Euro?

Thats 8 years of speculative misalignment then, getting further and further away from your perceived value point one assumes?

Blimey! Markets are useless then.

As for facts - we have already covered plenty and not tipped the iceberg yet.

You must suffer from 'Acute Non-Attention to Deficits Syndrome' :cheesy: