2018 so far


Well-known member
Feb 28, 2002
I always try to focus on a thing which I like the most about this market is that the Forex market is full of opportunities. Every day, every week, every month, and every year will be yours if you have a good grip on the trading strategy you made for yourself.

I like it. Its true.

This morning I took a 1% loss on a (low probability) trade. I reckon this leaves me with the remaining 99% which I didn't lose and to do what I like with.


Well-known member
Jun 21, 2004
west sussex, UK
A good point.

I don't like adopting the notion of "beating" the market simply because it frames the market and the trader as in some form of "adversarial" relationship. Such an idea reinforces an unhealthy attitude that the market is out to get you every time a trade is placed. Frankly the market doesn't care one way or other about our existence or whenever we placed a trade. Very often we become the problem the moment we placed a trade.

Philosophically I subscribe to the following quote attributed to Musawer Ijaz.
"There is no such thing as being right or beating the market. If you make money, it is because you understood the same thing the market did. If you lose money, it is simply because you got it wrong. There is no other way of looking at it."

In simple terms it means the market is neither a friend or foe. It is not the bogeyman. I learn to live with it and flow with it.
Agreed ......unspderstanding market behaviour and going with the flow is key

First create a decent model to understand market behaviour.....look for profitable patterns within it and exploit them .....use MM and risk management techniques to minimise the losers and maximise the winners you trade

So simple to say but so hard to do :smart: