1st to 5% - just for fun

Yup masq wins, 5%+ even with spreads now :)
Currently 8.1% on mid.

1.4435 -1.465 not with those spreads cheatist :cheesy:

Spreads move during the day. You got those off a share dealing site? Give it time.....

Anyone that wants to invest in the fund of Masq feel free to contribute, i'll get a dodgy salesman to give you a call and tell you about out fantastic returns making over 5%/day every day. :LOL:

Spreads move during the day. You got those off a share dealing site? Give it time.....

Anyone that wants to invest in the fund of Masq feel free to contribute, i'll get a dodgy salesman to give you a call and tell you about out fantastic returns making over 5%/day every day. :LOL:

Nah last live bid ask off T&S at post time :)
Good shout :)

I've been thinking of picking some up for my own account. Just have a bit of a liquidity problem atm :|

Last time I was aware of them was Likonde-1 P&A farm in with Tullow.
Seems to be a lot of recent interest, TBH though Likonde is reason to still be wary,
I'd go with the larger farm in partners (Reef) if at all.

Personally, if I was going to think about taking a punt on solo, it would be after the flow tests on Ausable field.
Thats just imo after skim reading the last few RNS.
Bad flow rates and it will be back to 0.4...

Even though one of us has got 5% its still going to be interesting who comes in right,
All 3 of mine are up.. and the best is 2.17%+ now

Personally, if I was going to think about taking a punt on solo, it would be after the flow tests on Ausable field.
Thats just imo after skim reading the last few RNS.
Bad flow rates and it will be back to 0.4...

True, but if the flow is good then it'll probably go up another 20% or more in a day and you'll miss out on that so it just depends if you want to play that speculation game. I've seen the falklands oil sector has been a huge disappointment to some people, this seems a bit different though but I guess we'll find out over time.

True, but if the flow is good then it'll probably go up another 20% or more in a day and you'll miss out on that so it just depends if you want to play that speculation game. I've seen the falklands oil sector has been a huge disappointment to some people, this seems a bit different though but I guess we'll find out over time.

All true, for me that is a more safe way to play these kind of stocks.
Wait until RNS day - good or bad and follow the big money until it finds a trading range again over the next few days / weeks.

Then either pull out and wait for next news or trade it, bearing in mind overnight risk and open gaps if you get caught long and crap RNS comes out.
As you say MM's will price a lot of the first days rise into the open, but more interest will follow (T&S trade size is my pointer).

Right now I'd say solo is in that trading range awaiting flow tests.
Also a fair bit of profit taking from initial apr 13th Ausable #5 results.
Probably a fair few late to the party getting in long as well, current SP is resistance of apr 14-21, and Reef up 27% overnight, hence rise today (despite 70m options RNS).
Unless trading it, I'd wait until flow results to swing it for a bigger gain.

solo = 12.8% gain on mid atm.

Last edited:
No one picked XEL then...
I clocked the RNS this morning and didn't take a closer look :rolleyes:
Would have been a nice short with tight spreads...

No wonder didn't notice, it fell of a cliff at 1230?
Bit of a bear raid?

Last edited:
No one picked XEL then...
I clocked the RNS this morning and didn't take a closer look :rolleyes:
Would have been a nice short with tight spreads...

No wonder didn't notice, it fell of a cliff at 1230?
Bit of a bear raid?

1220 ish someone started dumping 25K - 100k blocks, PI stop losses and panic start triggering at 1232 (odd qty trade size, instis usually nice round number).
Fair few round sub 5k dumps to keep the ball rolling.
Someone made some nice wedge there.
Buyers start coming back 1240, good few 50k dumps stop them in their tracks.
f*ckin slaughter house...