Ireland - What a situation :O

Well, I personally was a bit miffed that you think it's just that easy. I mean come on, dude... There are people sitting there doing serious analysis, spending a lot of time and effort to try and figure out what it all means. You come in and boldly pronounce that this is easy and a great opportunity with all the confidence of someone monstrously young and naive (no offense).

Anyways, be careful out there is all I'd say to you. If you see "easy" money, you're more likely to be the sucker than the mkt.

Im apologise if i came across wrong, i may of been totally misinterpreted.. i meant no harm

And even though everyone is slating i don't really care, as i have done well from this share

I'll probably keep my views to myself in the future about future trades

Or you can sniff your cash and tell everyone to p1ss off. That seems to be what eveyone else on the boards does. *see howard cahodas*

Thanks for the good words, what a venomous person you are....

This was merely my opinion, and for me it has been (on that share)

"Pillock" is certainly not venomous.

Ask yourself this ... do you think that announcing on a chat forum that buying the low and selling the high is "incredibly easy" is going to endear you to anyone?

Moreover, do you think you're likely to always find making money this straightforward?

mean, you certainly are mean ;) i never said "hey boys buy low and sell high"

That was the tip of the iceberg, and before any trade of corse there is chart analysis / resistance tests / price action etc

And all the rest of it went with it, so please... stop twisting my words, oh and your sig

In 147 posts i'd be honoured :LOL:

Im apologise if i came across wrong, i may of been totally misinterpreted.. i meant no harm

And even though everyone is slating i don't really care, as i have done well from this share

I'll probably keep my views to myself in the future about future trades
No sweat, sharing views is fine and dandy, but just tone it down a little ...

These numbers from Ireland are simply shocking, when you consider the minuscule population. Questions abound -

1) where did all the money go
2) how did it ever get so out of control
3) is this the tip of the iceberg (!!!)
4) how many times must we read "Irish eyes are not smiling"

and so on ..

Hi again Doomberg,

Well I think the issue is that your original posts come across as a little bit arrogant, when you are basically just looking back at a chart with hindsight and saying how easy it would have been to buy and sell highs and lows.

In the interest of getting the thread moving in a positive direction, why don't you make some calls ahead of time about the stocks (what you are looking to do next week) and we will see how it pans out. Then you'll get some constructive criticism I think..

Hey BB i didn't mean for it to come off arrogant in the slightest, maybe my excitement came off as arrogance im only 24 so its all still a learning curve for me, i probably just phrased my post wrong hence the flaming... Although i have done well out of this share in the past 4 months as many have...

As far as where its going to go now, i have no idea, so no point in me trying to make calls on this from here.. its closed today 41.6% in the blue, im pretty annoyed tbh lol as i was about to place an order at 7:30 today before opening and i spoke to a few friends before hand, one of them who you would say is 'In the know' asked me "are you on drugs?? stay well away from BOI!"

Wish i'd of not listened now but hey ho :/

Well my main edge (if i can call it that lol) has just been price action / resistance...

Im not trying to make out im an expert, i don't want to come across as a know it all as im far from it
i was simply insulted because 1st of all i say "i don't think BKIR will be nationalised so is it a good pun?"

Then it turns out its not fully nationalised, then we see 40%+ then i am called a cnut and compared
to Charlie Sheen, i just think it was a little off hand, and rude for people to say this when i was just
trying to do well, and ask advice at the same time.. nothing more nothing less

Dont take it so personally, yours you c*nt. Just means sell!!!

mean, you certainly are mean ;) i never said "hey boys buy low and sell high"

That was the tip of the iceberg, and before any trade of corse there is chart analysis / resistance tests / price action etc

And all the rest of it went with it, so please... stop twisting my words, oh and your sig

In 147 posts i'd be honoured :LOL:

I'll be honest with you. Unless you're in the know, you probably shouldn't playing with volatile stocks. Noone should encourage retail punters to trade volatile stocks.

These numbers from Ireland are simply shocking, when you consider the minuscule population. Questions abound -

1) where did all the money go
2) how did it ever get so out of control
3) is this the tip of the iceberg (!!!)
4) how many times must we read "Irish eyes are not smiling"

and so on ..
The story is always the same, innit?

Here is our latest report on Bank of Ireland, its a fundamental view and a quant view of the company
http://www.solasfinancial.com/bank-of-ireland-fundemantal-and-quantative-analysis/

(IPM) Irish Life & Permanent Group - Down 50%+ in 24 hours (government takeover imminent)
(BKIR) Bank Or Ireland - Down to €0.23 despite reaching €0.48 after the €90 billion bailout, has continued to fall.
(ALBK) Allied Irish Bank - Down to €0.18 after December part nationalisation, they are now looking for a buyer.

Recent stress tests have pushed Bank Of Ireland right down, they are the only main bank in Ireland who have not had a full government takeover... There is so much uncertainly, no big investors will of been buying for the last few weeks, although many day traders have been raping 5% bounces per day for weeks / months... This thursday they will be announcing where they stand... People are speculating it will be good and that BOI will not be nationalised and the government simply could not afford it anyway, not one paper has even mantioned that BOI may be fully nationalised.

Allied Irish Bank are in a sorry state, much worse than BOI and were higher than BOI is now a coupe of days ago, BOI are in a much stronger position and if they survive full nationalisation then they are set for recovery in my opinion, personally i think BOI is too big to be fully nationalised and end up like the rest of the Irish Banks, but i've held off buying as the SP is dropping like a stone.

Whats your views - bargain or avoid like the plague?