100 trades

Attachments

• CL 01-14 (5 Min)  11_12_2013.jpg
    CL 01-14 (5 Min) 11_12_2013.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 156
Today = +50
Suprising. Thought after yesterday I was due a very bad run. Maybe tomorrow :)

CL chart from only CL tarde

Why?
You shouldn't really get excited/disheartened by a single day - it's just one of many. If you don't change the system you've been using for the last few days, it would be realistic to expect you to perform well most of the time imo (sometimes losses, sometimes wins - but more wins than losses in the long run).

Last edited:
Why?
You shouldn't really get excited/disheartened by a single day - it's just one of many. If you don't change the system you've been using for the last few days, it would be realistic to expect you to perform well most of the time imo (sometimes losses, sometimes wins - but more wins than losses in the long run).

that's right. As long as you are always following the same system, each trade is independent of the outcome of the previous trade..

Why?
You shouldn't really get excited/disheartened by a single day.

You're right, which is partly why I began this journal.
People talk of 'edge'. The fact that I don't know what my edge is would suggest that I don't have one. With that in mind, results always feel random, and so, after a good spell, I expect a 'reversion to the mean' of sorts, in the form of a bad run of trades.

Lets see how we're looking further down the line.

3rd of teh way through, now, at 33 trades

You're right, which is partly why I began this journal.
People talk of 'edge'. The fact that I don't know what my edge is would suggest that I don't have one. With that in mind, results always feel random, and so, after a good spell, I expect a 'reversion to the mean' of sorts, in the form of a bad run of trades.

Lets see how we're looking further down the line.

3rd of teh way through, now, at 33 trades

I guess it's best to focus on trade execution S.

Sometimes I feel uneasy after experiencing few losses/wins in a row, but I try not to allow that feeling to affect my trading decisions. If a good quality set up is there, I trade it without paying too much attention to the feelings. Based on my analysis/research I know what I should expect from a certain set up (statistics).

Only if I experience lot of losses in a row, I go back to the drawing board and reassess my set ups. This happens from time to time as markets keep changing and I need to adjust my approach when my set ups don't follow the latest changes.

So based on your performance from 33 trades, it's realistic to expect good results after 100 trades. You can either choose to keep doing what you are doing, or change if you pay attention to your feelings/other people's beliefs etc. Personally I would pay attention only to the results.

Last edited:
Let's see how bad I can do over the course of 100 trades.

5min charts. No indicators.

Gonna look at ES, CL and GC.

Risk : reward usually 1 : 1.5

Trade1: Short CL here at 97.42
20t stop , 30t target

Interesting thread..what setup are you looking for?

I guess it's best to focus on trade execution S.

Sometimes I feel uneasy after experiencing few losses/wins in a row, but I try not to allow that feeling to affect my trading decisions. If a good quality set up is there, I trade it without paying too much attention to the feelings. Based on my analysis/research I know what I should expect from a certain set up (statistics).

Only if I experience lot of losses in a row, I go back to the drawing board and reassess my set ups. This happens from time to time as markets keep changing and I need to adjust my approach when my set ups don't follow the latest changes.

So based on your performance from 33 trades, it's realistic to expect good results after 100 trades. You can either choose to keep doing what you are doing, or change if you pay attention to your feelings/other people's beliefs etc. Personally I would pay attention only to the results.

From a psychological point if view if its late in the session and you are down I think its best to power down. I have spoken to 2 risk managers at props about this. They tell me 9/10 when a trader requests to reset a daily loss limit they go on to lose more. its very hard to self recognise the behaviour and walk away.

if you do, ive just spent ages speccing up one. happy to share spec of it if u want

Hi.
Still using my laptop. Computer still dead.
At the weekend i'm gonna try to find my Windows XP disk and see if I can get it to boot up properly from that.