£50 birthday gift from Captial spreads

Maybe the spread would be too big for the way DT trades? I remember Arabianights who was a professional trader who apparently creamed the market on a daily basis was completely useless when it came to trying to make money spreadbetting. I always found that interesting.
However, I imagine that DT would still do OK (not that I expect he'll play)

It's not really interesting at all in fact. He was trading properly using DOM and ladders making the market etc. and spreadbetting is just completely different. Not to mention he hardly took it seriously and monitored things. It wasn't about being useless, it's just not worth the time/effort compared to his normal trading.

It's not really interesting at all in fact. He was trading properly using DOM and ladders making the market etc. and spreadbetting is just completely different. Not to mention he hardly took it seriously and monitored things. It wasn't about being useless, it's just not worth the time/effort compared to his normal trading.

Not to mention that I believe he was a fixed income trader which doesn't really leave you with an out shot at the bucket shop. If he traded equity indices futures or say oil then at least mildly sensible options are available.

Maybe the spread would be too big for the way DT trades? I remember Arabianights who was a professional trader who apparently creamed the market on a daily basis was completely useless when it came to trying to make money spreadbetting. I always found that interesting.
However, I imagine that DT would still do OK (not that I expect he'll play)

CV will obviously cream it. Gamma would too if he still posted.

The rest will probably blow up, but then, that's part of the fun!

There needs to be a new thread started where everyone declares themselves part of the fun, with updates throughout the day/end of week etc. Would be fun. Gutted I can't play along (already have an old account with them)

Out of interest - what is the spread on the ES, CL and Corn on these accounts? Is there a way to find it.

Also - is there a way to submit trades outside of their platform? Ninja has shadow trade facility and in theory, I could set this up to follow my trades.

Not to mention that I believe he was a fixed income trader which doesn't really leave you with an out shot at the bucket shop. If he traded equity indices futures or say oil then at least mildly sensible options are available.

Besides trading in the Forex instruments i have been also trading in the Gold and Oil and have got good results.

But i have not yet traded in the Futures.

Out of interest - what is the spread on the ES, CL and Corn on these accounts? Is there a way to find it.

Also - is there a way to submit trades outside of their platform? Ninja has shadow trade facility and in theory, I could set this up to follow my trades.

I think the ES equivilent is 4 ticks? (currently 1393.3/1393.7) Not sure about the oil/corn. I can't check my old account. I haven't used it in years and don't know my log in detrails, lol

I doubt you can place trades outside their platform.

well i guess you have 2 options.

1.find another bucketshop who have a similar offer, I am sure you can find one where they will match a deposit or similar then withdraw the initial deposit.

2. fund your account with £100, not a life changing amount of money is it.

Yeah, guess I could just fund the account, but I like the idea of all of us playing with the houses money. United through the lulz.

Also, I actually already have my own little lulz account. Was gonna start a journal a few months ago but couldn't be bothered. (not the same as my futures journal in my signature)

Im trying new strategies out and am also working fulltime at the moment so am just playing a tiny fun account.
It's weird going from trading full ES contracts to 50p per pip through a spreadbetting account!!
Going very slowly, but i'm up around a grand or so.

Spreadbet through NT has been promised for years but still not happened. Instead, we get things like CMC's Next Gen platform, which is generally useless.

I think the ES equivilent is 4 ticks? (currently 1393.3/1393.7) Not sure about the oil/corn. I can't check my old account. I haven't used it in years and don't know my log in detrails, lol

I doubt you can place trades outside their platform.

Yeah, guess I could just fund the account, but I like the idea of all of us playing with the houses money. United through the lulz.

Also, I actually already have my own little lulz account. Was gonna start a journal a few months ago but couldn't be bothered. (not the same as my futures journal in my signature)

Im trying new strategies out and am also working fulltime at the moment so am just playing a tiny fun account.
It's weird going from trading full ES contracts to 50p per pip through a spreadbetting account!!
Going very slowly, but i'm up around a grand or so.

How much did you start the account with? Feel free to post a statement.

I just spoke to them they said margins are.

30 FTSE
35 DAX
50 DJ
40 FX majors

they confirmed if you only had £30 in your account you could still trade £1p point FTSE with a 24 points stop.

I queries why it was showing higher margins on the demo account they explained that the system uses a automatic stop loss depending on your account size. So say you had a £10,000 demo account the default SL would be huge causing the margin required to be larger than the minimum.

so if you started off with £100 you could theoretically trade £3 per point with a 24 point stop. if you blew your account down to £30 you could still tarde with £1p per point with a 24 point stop, go below £30 and you are out of the game.

I will get my account opened shortly and try and spank it (the market).

That makes sense. CS calculates the margin based on the SL also. I normally use SLM and the margin with them is static regardless of how tight the SL is.

How much did you start the account with? Feel free to post a statement.

It's pure lulz/experimenting with different ideas at tiny stakes whilst i'm unable to commit to full time trading with full size contracts as I tried previously. In fact, im not sure I'll ever trade full contracts again anytime soon. I made some money (about 8k), but I think I was just probably lucky.

started with 350 I think. Got it upto around 750. then added 1500 and hit an account hight of about 2800 a while ago (have less than that now though)

Attachments

• uiui.JPG
    uiui.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 207