YOU #¤%&#¤%& #¤%#¤% Show me a profitable strategy!

I smell a few "DieingToGetRichQuickIdiots" here?

Sure it's possible to make more than 20% a year, I have already said that. But I doubt there is a lot of people here who can do it year in and out.

Seems like these "DieingToGetRichQuickIdiots" doesn't know their High School math.

If you put $2000 every month into your investment account (with a 20% anual return) you will have approx 180K I think that is more than most of the newbs here going to ever get their hands on. No offence. I can clearly see that there is a few of your guys who actually know what you are talking about (the idiot with 800% return is certainly not one of them) and this post is not directed to you.

Seems like I can learn a bit from some of you too.

Best Regards.

ps: still amazing how few who understand exactly how good 20% almost risk free actually is. Maybe they never went to school?

Hi

maybe off you 2 to :?:

20% is not much on 2 k in a year imho, I now it adds up compounded even I can work that out :whistling

If you can save 2k a year clear well your off and running, I am sure there are many small traders out there with money in high interest isas and a few shares wrapped up someware just in case.errrrrrrrrrrrrr diversified, is that the right word :?:

Just because you trade does not mean imho you are a cowboy out for thrills and get rich by end of month

all best in your activities :clover:

I smell a few "DieingToGetRichQuickIdiots" here?

Sure it's possible to make more than 20% a year, I have already said that. But I doubt there is a lot of people here who can do it year in and out.

Seems like these "DieingToGetRichQuickIdiots" doesn't know their High School math.

If you put $2000 every month into your investment account (with a 20% anual return) you will have approx 180K I think that is more than most of the newbs here going to ever get their hands on. No offence. I can clearly see that there is a few of your guys who actually know what you are talking about (the idiot with 800% return is certainly not one of them) and this post is not directed to you.

Seems like I can learn a bit from some of you too.

Best Regards.

ps: still amazing how few who understand exactly how good 20% almost risk free actually is. Maybe they never went to school?

There is only one problem with all of this philosophical prattling --- the 20% was a figure I put forth as a MONTHLY basis, to put as a question against the usual 10% one makes in equities IN A YEAR.

20% a year is a pittance --- its NOTHING WORTH EVEN GETTING UP IN THE MORNINGS FOR !

i stated that forex can easily deliver 20% a MONTH with little effort, which to my eyes comes out to somewhere around 240% a YEAR with no compounding, so figure in the effects of reinvesting the money every month, and things start moving quickly.

If I returned 10 or even 20% to my clients, I tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail !

and btw --- it aint "systems" that do that, but a knowledge of the mkts movements, when to go long, when to go short and when to hold em ! Its a comination of EVERY system you can find, so that youre ready to work with the mkt no matter what it does and where it ventures.

Its really not hard, but does take experience, and can probably be learned by most !

20% --- kinda hilarious !

mp

Hi

maybe off you 2 to :?:

20% is not much on 2 k in a year imho, I now it adds up compounded even I can work that out :whistling

If you can save 2k a year clear well your off and running, I am sure there are many small traders out there with money in high interest isas and a few shares wrapped up someware just in case.errrrrrrrrrrrrr diversified, is that the right word :?:

Just because you trade does not mean imho you are a cowboy out for thrills and get rich by end of month

all best in your activities :clover:

Uhm, but any fool can save $2K (should be adjusted for inflation) a month if they -really- want to. And if you do that, you are getting some serious cash in approx ten years with a annual 20% gain. If you can do this almost risk free you WILL get there while most of the "DieingToGetRichQuickIdiots" will empty their account a few times in the same timespan.

Best Regards.

Uhm, but any fool can save $2K (should be adjusted for inflation) a month if they -really- want to. And if you do that, you are getting some serious cash in approx ten years with a annual 20% gain. If you can do this almost risk free you WILL get there while most of the "DieingToGetRichQuickIdiots" will empty their account a few times in the same timespan.

Best Regards.

HeiPaaDeg,

I have to say that from what I can see, no one is particularly interested in 20% returns.

Those among us that have been doing this many years would not settle for that return because we KNOW that we can achieve far beyond that.

The less experienced are certainly not interested in 20 % per year. You may be right: perhaps they are "DieingToGetRichQuickIdiots" but let me save you some time by telling you that you need to let them make their own mistakes.

The majority of people come into the market wanting to make big money and wanting it now. A dollar in the hand is worth more than two dollars ten years down the line. Everyone knows that.

It doesn't matter how much you preach about attaining 20% returns per year through some diligent study and analysis - most of these newbies wouldn't even bother opening an account if they thought that was all they were going to make. It is likely they will learn the hard way that it is not EASY to come by money in the market and that most of them will lose and that they would be better off "investing" but I would say it's best to let them get on with it.

So all I can assume you want is for someone to prove to you that more can be made and show you how so you can save some time and start making some money.

If that is the case why don't you just take a look at mp6140's thread or my thread or, for that matter, some of the other threads that people have given up their time to write.

I was up 3,065% in 6 months before I stoppped trading my own account to work for a firm.

Let me tell you that it would take me 21 years to make that same return if I started with the same amount as I did and compounded 20% per year. And I wonder what level inflation would be running at then? With the way things are going I probably wouldn't be able to fill the car with petrol :)

Last edited:

Best Regards.

HeiPaaDeg

I think any fool can learn to trade in the money at a minimum if they really want to

A month :eek: sure there are many who can not mate, you may be right to say most will blow an account or two

Does not have to be a big bank, infact if I did over again I would go DA from the off and paper trade real market to death ~ over and over again

cost = no stress and one years platform fees call it 1K, if your real serious and professional about it no different than paper money if your not a closet gambler :whistling (in check these days)

RISK FREE ! :LOL::LOL: nothings risk free .......................LIFE :LOL::LOL:

returns since 1st jan 45 % and I am still learning and thats the same as last year to (mistakes most days)

method not to far away from the one I posted you some pages ago

latter off this thread

good Luck :clover:

No getting any return for my time and the Dows just set up a low risk entry for 1% in twenty mins to an hours investment :p

Last edited:
Sorry but are we really going anyplace here? Perhaps I am missing something

Cheers
Nut

No - wrong.

Any spreadbet company will insist on 100 pnts margin minimum regardless of your stop. It's called Initial Margin Requirement. You may have only risked 30 points - but it doesn't matter - for a £5 bet you've got to invest £500 in the account that you won't be able to use for anything else and you'll get no interest on the money. So your return isn't 4000% it's 800% (£4000/500)

All those systems on the net - don't work.

800% a week is 9134000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% a year with compounding. Do you really think that is sustainable?

You both sound like newbies, you'll soon realise you can't make profit's like that and keep them indefinitely. You have to reduce risk so that if you get a run of bad trades you are not wiped out. It doesn't matter how great you think your system is - eventually it'll go wrong when you least expect it and that's when you'll be glad of your small trade sizes. Aiming for 50-100% return using leverage is a far more realistic and achievable approach. But I think most of you will be wishing this time next year that you'd left that £500 in a savings account at 5.5%....

no, not wrong - right...!! - you OBVIOUSLY know dont know about STOPS....... !! :|

No - wrong.

Any spreadbet company will insist on 100 pnts margin minimum regardless of your stop. It's called Initial Margin Requirement. You may have only risked 30 points - but it doesn't matter - for a £5 bet you've got to invest £500 in the account that you won't be able to use for anything else and you'll get no interest on the money. So your return isn't 4000% it's 800% (£4000/500)

800% a week is 9134000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% a year with compounding. Do you really think that is sustainable?

You both sound like newbies, you'll soon realise you can't make profit's like that and keep them indefinitely. You have to reduce risk so that if you get a run of bad trades you are not wiped out. It doesn't matter how great you think your system is - eventually it'll go wrong when you least expect it and that's when you'll be glad of your small trade sizes. Aiming for 50-100% return using leverage is a far more realistic and achievable approach. But I think most of you will be wishing this time next year that you'd left that £500 in a savings account at 5.5%....

oh and sorry if you didnt realise - a SB isnt a futures position - !! - its just an OTC instrument thats created by a SB company and they get their cut off the spread - (maybe your getting confused a bit) -
Are you talking about spread betting here of futures trading..? :confused:

and by the way, a 20% return is not worth even talking about... !! :whistling

and by the way, a 20% return is not worth even talking about... !!

Well according to Howard at The Halifax even a 6% return is worth talking about and having massive adverts with people dancing and singing and committing their whole life to ............:)

Paul

No - wrong.

By the way - you wont get a " run of bad trades ", if your PATIENT and WAIT for the right set up ...!!
Once a trend us underway - it takes care of itself ....... !! If you dont let your profits run - (F E A R ) - youll N E V E R make any money..... !!

- those 20% returns comin on nicely..? :p

Well according to Howard at The Halifax even a 6% return is worth talking about and having massive adverts with people dancing and singing and committing their whole life to ............:)

Paul

I see what you mean yea.. - sadly, the WORLD is FULL of HOWARDS....... !! :p

Sorry but are we really going anyplace here? Perhaps I am missing something

Cheers
Nut

No, we're not. This is not constructive debate because every trader has a target with which he will be satisfied. I see no point in demeaning 20% per month. Lots of the traders on this site do not make that much and, what is more,very few make any money, at all. What is the use of "pie in the sky" (5000% per year) under those circumstances? Jeez, come down to solid earth and get down to business.

Split

Well said Spit, I tried but I give up.

Maybe, If I was messing with a 1K account then I'd be looking for pie in the sky profits too.

No, we're not. This is not constructive debate because every trader has a target with which he will be satisfied. I see no point in demeaning 20% per month. Lots of the traders on this site do not make that much and, what is more,very few make any money, at all. What is the use of "pie in the sky" (5000% per year) under those circumstances? Jeez, come down to solid earth and get down to business.

Split

" Lots of the traders on this site do not make that much and, what is more,very few make any money, at all "....

is that a FACT is it...? Or is that something you just " imagine "...? :-0

Maybe, If I was messing with a 1K account then I'd be looking for pie in the sky profits too.

" I tried but I give up " - why doesnt that sound surprising..? :sleep:

- those 20%s coming on ok yea..? :p

" Maybe, If I was messing with a 1K account then I'd be looking for pie in the sky profits too" .........

Maybe your " messing " too much then .... !! :idea:

With the stock market falling you should start looking for company's with their net CURRENT assets value HIGHER than market price. It might be a bit early yet. But hopefully the american economy will grow even more ****ty and then you can start getting bargains. Don't pay more than 60/70 cents for each dollar. And preferably don't buy at the American stock exchanges. All the retards in the states bringing their ****ty economy down drags it down other places too.

With the stock market falling you should start looking for company's with their net CURRENT assets value HIGHER than market price. It might be a bit early yet. But hopefully the american economy will grow even more ****ty and then you can start getting bargains. Don't pay more than 60/70 cents for each dollar. And preferably don't buy at the American stock exchanges. All the retards in the states bringing their ****ty economy down drags it down other places too.

Hi

Oh you gone over here now ............

don"t falling knifes CUT YOU

think I will wait till China moves in to buy at say................

20-30c on the dollar

Hi

Oh you gone over here now ............

don"t falling knifes CUT YOU

think I will wait till China moves in to buy at say................

20-30c on the dollar

Ehh no.. I'm not buying anything in dollars. That is why I recommend people to stay away from the american exchanges as well. I operate here in Norway actually. The principle is still the same.

But!

If the net current assets value is 100 and you are buying these 100 for 70. If the company is bankrupt tomorrow, there is still 30 left for you to collect. Although it is highly unlikely that it will bankrupt given the conditions I just mentioned.

Go ahead and brush up that high school math and learn some accounting. Read those two books I mentioned earlier too. It will change your life. This is the strategy I use in bear markets and I still make 20% every year with it. I'm confident that is more than 98% of the people reading this board is making.

Someone mentioned Graham said in his last days it was getting to hard to do this. That was because of the sheer quantity of data. That is not really much of a problem anymore with modern technology.

And yeah! I do follow another thread here. I still have the challenge out for somebody to show me a way to make more than 20% EVERY year. I know some of you guys laugh about it but to be honest I don't think you are making any money AT ALL. And I bet you have a ****ing lousy amount of money to play with!

MP is at least trying to prove it, and that is more than what can be said of most of the morons in here losing money day in and out while they are not working at the super market.

Ehh no.. I'm not buying anything in dollars. That is why I recommend people to stay away from the american exchanges as well. I operate here in Norway actually. The principle is still the same.

But!

If the net current assets value is 100 and you are buying these 100 for 70. If the company is bankrupt tomorrow, there is still 30 left for you to collect. Although it is highly unlikely that it will bankrupt given the conditions I just mentioned.

Go ahead and brush up that high school math and learn some accounting. Read those two books I mentioned earlier too. It will change your life. This is the strategy I use in bear markets and I still make 20% every year with it. I'm confident that is more than 98% of the people reading this board is making.

Someone mentioned Graham said in his last days it was getting to hard to do this. That was because of the sheer quantity of data. That is not really much of a problem anymore with modern technology.

And yeah! I do follow another thread here. I still have the challenge out for somebody to show me a way to make more than 20% EVERY year. I know some of you guys laugh about it but to be honest I don't think you are making any money AT ALL. And I bet you have a ****ing lousy amount of money to play with!

MP is at least trying to prove it, and that is more than what can be said of most of the morons in here losing money day in and out while they are not working at the super market.
You have yet to prove you can even make the 20% you claim.

It's just talk so far.