YOU #¤%&#¤%& #¤%#¤% Show me a profitable strategy!

There are a lot of profitable systems for forex on forexnews. During a strong trending market you must switch to a trending system. During a quite flat market like summer 2005 use a fading range system. The simplest system is the weekly breakout system. You set breakout ranges on Sunday and collect on Friday. If you done this since Xmas you would have collected about 250 pips a week trading euro alone. Thats 9 weeks by 250 = 2250 pips. If you trade a reasonable size say 5 gbp a pip thats a very nice GBP11,250 this year already and IV is increasing and set to increase till August 2008.

Dont be greedy though money man is vital. The smallest you can get away with trading at 50p a pip spread bet trading weekly breakouts need a 1000 gbp account to start. This in effect has a risk of around 25% which is the max you should ever go on any system.

So you can scale this up as a very rough guide a 10k account can trade 5 gbp a pip. Potentially your account can double every 3 months. This is no theory its fact i have done this for several years.

Finally don't take any notice of news and never accept that euro is too high. The euro may adjust about 20 cents this year. So far we are only seen under a 7 cent shift this year.

The intricate workings of a profitable system is ones own secret. I have given you a framework and many other profitable frameworks exists but only you can mould these systems to the current market conditions and to your style of trading. There is no get rich schemes it take years of losing before you finally find something that works. Before you say well if you double every 3 months thats means can make more then the entire planet in a few years there are serious practical limittions. One is market exposure and others include slippage, broker risk that limits effectivness over 100k on retail accounts. Its always far more effecient to take profits and start again and this keeps you under the radar.

Trading is the same as any profession i reckon it takes 5 years to qualify as a "Doctor of Trading" GL

lol Is this guy for real?!
I suspect not, Tom. I expect fully that before too long the mod's will pick him up as a banned member or a current member with multiple nick's who's trying to conceal his identity. On the plus side, the entertainment value is high!
Tim.

I favour "for real." A positive participant with all the assertive social graces of eric the red. Welcome HeiPaaDeg.

Unless of course, a banned member is on holiday in Oslo. :jester:

I suspect not, Tom. I expect fully that before too long the mod's will pick him up as a banned member or a current member with multiple nick's who's trying to conceal his identity. On the plus side, the entertainment value is high!
Tim.

This type of enquiring mind, since you mention it, puts me in mind of a certain Irishman. But I'm probably paranoic---always looking over my shoulder to see if he's come back to haunt me! :(

Split

I'm not changing are you crazy? I want to ad to it. And I know i wont get any free lunch here, simply because none of you can make better profit (if any at all) than what I'm already doing.

BUT I think it CAN be done, and that is why I challenge you to show me a profitable strategy.

Best Regards

Hi HeiPaaDeg

there you go .....how hard was that :p

T2W Day Trading & Forex Community

Can not be bothered posting more, because I am not posting any more:confused: sure your just having a laugh.

works on any timeframe ...............just is, check out some charts on a few of the stocks you are holding against method

Make yourself a bit extra just in case your value stocks or whatever are not in demand for some time.

Anything can happen

(past results are no guarentee of future anything)

There are a lot of profitable systems for forex on forexnews. During a strong trending market you must switch to a trending system. During a quite flat market like summer 2005 use a fading range system. The simplest system is the weekly breakout system. You set breakout ranges on Sunday and collect on Friday. If you done this since Xmas you would have collected about 250 pips a week trading euro alone. Thats 9 weeks by 250 = 2250 pips. If you trade a reasonable size say 5 gbp a pip thats a very nice GBP11,250 this year already and IV is increasing and set to increase till August 2008.

Dont be greedy though money man is vital. The smallest you can get away with trading at 50p a pip spread bet trading weekly breakouts need a 1000 gbp account to start. This in effect has a risk of around 25% which is the max you should ever go on any system.

So you can scale this up as a very rough guide a 10k account can trade 5 gbp a pip. Potentially your account can double every 3 months. This is no theory its fact i have done this for several years.

Finally don't take any notice of news and never accept that euro is too high. The euro may adjust about 20 cents this year. So far we are only seen under a 7 cent shift this year.

The intricate workings of a profitable system is ones own secret. I have given you a framework and many other profitable frameworks exists but only you can mould these systems to the current market conditions and to your style of trading. There is no get rich schemes it take years of losing before you finally find something that works. Before you say well if you double every 3 months thats means can make more then the entire planet in a few years there are serious practical limittions. One is market exposure and others include slippage, broker risk that limits effectivness over 100k on retail accounts. Its always far more effecient to take profits and start again and this keeps you under the radar.

Trading is the same as any profession i reckon it takes 5 years to qualify as a "Doctor of Trading" GL

Allright let's do the math here!

You are doubling every three months. That is 1600% a year!
That is fantastic!!

Now, lets see.. In three years you will make close to five million pounds starting from 1000 GBP. I find that very hard to believe.

Best Regards

This type of enquiring mind, since you mention it, puts me in mind of a certain Irishman. But I'm probably paranoic---always looking over my shoulder to see if he's come back to haunt me! :(

Split

Although this one is shouting, not enough colour in the posts yet, or meandering, nay learching from method to method, and the posts aren't nearly as deranged or confusing to read...

but there's time yet :D

Hi HeiPaaDeg

there you go .....how hard was that :p

T2W Day Trading & Forex Community

Can not be bothered posting more, because I am not posting any more:confused: sure your just having a laugh.

works on any timeframe ...............just is, check out some charts on a few of the stocks you are holding against method

Make yourself a bit extra just in case your value stocks or whatever are not in demand for some time.

Anything can happen

(past results are no guarentee of future anything)

Thank you piggy.

I favour "for real." A positive participant with all the assertive social graces of eric the red. Welcome HeiPaaDeg.

Unless of course, a banned member is on holiday in Oslo. :jester:

Thank you nine, nice to be here. :cheesy:

Allright let's do the math here!

You are doubling every three months. That is 1600% a year!
That is fantastic!!

Now, lets see.. In three years you will make close to five million pounds starting from 1000 GBP. I find that very hard to believe.

Best Regards

A guy at my prop firm started with a £0 account balance just three years ago and now is making in excess of £250k a week. Perhaps the reason for your 20% a year return is that you are extremely shallow minded. My win loss ratio is currently well over 90% and I've described my strategy on here. I'm sure you'll tell us all you've probably read it, tried it and failed to make a penny. Everyone else that has must be wrong. Ultimately it's like sex mate - if it's not good for you you're not doing it right.

A guy at my prop firm started with a £0 account balance just three years ago and now is making in excess of £250k a week. Perhaps the reason for your 20% a year return is that you are extremely shallow minded. My win loss ratio is currently well over 90% and I've described my strategy on here. I'm sure you'll tell us all you've probably read it, tried it and failed to make a penny. Everyone else that has must be wrong. Ultimately it's like sex mate - if it's not good for you you're not doing it right.

I must obviously have made a mistake. Please direct me to your post containing your +90% winn/loss strategy.

Best Regards

Although this one is shouting, not enough colour in the posts yet, or meandering, nay learching from method to method, and the posts aren't nearly as deranged or confusing to read...

but there's time yet :D

You are right about the time part----he started off as a polite, innocent guy and he had me fooled for three or four posts :)

No need to make it that hard.

It is easy. Just search for low P/E stocks that pay an high amount of dividends and analyze it to see exactly how much you are paying for each dollar. You want to pay less than 70 cents for each dollar. This strategy is proven to work for more than a hundred years. It will however take you quite some time as you are holding stocks for a few years at the time. My favorite these days are Frontline LTD. It has been paying approx 20% annualy in dividends and spinnoffs for quite some time now. Considering the ownership and the fact that the world is consisted of 70% water is not likely going to stop! It is operating in a highly cyclical market, so you want to buy it when it's cheap! That happens at least once every year. Then reinvest the dividends. If you put $1000 every month with this kind of strategy (you might have to find other stocks as well) you will have a nice fat wallet in 20 years. Just brush up your high school math and find out.

Now, I want you "GetFiltyhRichQuickDreamers" to show me something better.

Best Regards
======================================================================

you present an interesting challenge, especially as I maintain a stock fund that has done nicely indeed, and converted to trading forex a number of years ago and have never looked back.

I will have to lump you into the longer term investor league, as thats what I see you talking about, and while forex can certainly be bought as an "investment", it has a "regularity" about it that while ALWAYS trending, goes through regular and predictable up and downside moves, at which point the banks and mm's are short the currency, reversing to long when the price reaches the appropriate support area ---- this type of behavior, while considered ideal in the equities market for intermediate term traders, is rarely truly achieved in that market, having more a rapid run up (or a slow one, or anything in between) and then a selloff (with shorting, of course) and then a LONG period of inactivity or sideways movement which can take literally YEARS before redifining itself (observe market movements over a period of time from the late 90's)

forex is very much like those "channeling stocks" we all love to trade for its reasonably predictable ups and downs, although i find forex to be MUCH MUCH MORE PREDICTABLE, moving from one side of its channel to another with amazing reliability and rarely (if ever) slowing down to consolidate for any great length of time. This is probably one of the greatest differences between equities and stocks, and currencies do not live with the "story stock of the week" as does equities.

Breakouts or breakdowns are easily determined by the cost of the currency simply breaking its channel, to the upside or downside, just like any good channeler !

the "water" issue that you point to was a very popular "story stock" a few years ago and there are some traders still stuck in buying too high who now tout it to the sky, hoping to raise the price so they can get out without a loss. in the short term it "may" or "may not" increase in value, and in the very long term it probably will, if from nothing else but inflation, but trading MONEY (which sounds a bit amoral) certainly produces far more profit faster, and with the addition of careful leveraging, produces far more overall as gains come more quickly. While I cannot tell you when "water" stocks will move, I can pretty much tell you what most any currency group will be doing at this point ------ and that it goes up and it goes down !!

With forex, one simply does a counter trade for the length of time the currency breaks down (assuming you were long to begin with) and enjoys the benefits of not increasing your margin requirements, and making money in BOTH directions, since we know the currency will turn around at some point to get back to its "trend" --- for proof of that statement, just look at any daily chart over a period of time --- its all there layed out for you to see !

where i will certainly agree with you is the newbs "get rich quickly" ideas which are similar to the newbie "penny stock" traders, although there are very successful rules for trading the pennies and a lot of people who have made a very decent amount in that dangerous venue, simply because they follow the rules of entry, hold period and when to exit ---- pennies are rare indeed a "buy and hold" venue !

Newbs, with stars in their eyes that have an amazing simularity to those "starlets" who get off the bus at hollywood and vine every day, do not understand that they have entered a "culture" with its own rules and methods of working, and believe (because the trading platform has that capability) that they can automate their way to riches.

Having said that, and being a "manual" trader who dislikes "robots" doing my trading for me, I will also have to admit that if one adheres to the rules of some of these systems, mixes that with an EXPERIENCED eye towards trading, there is money to be made and its made faster and a whole lot more safely than equities !

I found out many years ago, having been an extremely successful penny trader, that "trading" is NOT that simple when one switches loyalties --- Forex, with its twice a day reversals and attendent drawdowns that trigger tight stoplosses is a whole different world than "buy when the opening price exceeds yesterdays closing price, and sell by 11:30" that works so well with stocks !

I have to say "yes, no or maybe" to your remarks, but from many years of experience, I would NEVER go back to trading stocks, pennies or majors, as forex is (comparitively) so simple and predictable that I would be an idiot to trade stocks again !

enjoy and trade well

mp

Last edited: