YOU #¤%&#¤%& #¤%#¤% Show me a profitable strategy!

Allright let's do the math here!

"You are doubling every three months. That is 1600% a year!
That is fantastic!!

Now, lets see.. In three years you will make close to five million pounds starting from 1000 GBP. I find that very hard to believe."

You don't listen read my post again i already told you why you cant trade this into the millions on a retail account. Over 100k you must go to an ENC model which carries other risks but then you have to pay CGT and take the risk that you have such a large amount tied up in the market and not many can afford to do that unless you are rich to start with. A retail broker will find it hard to accommodate such a large account....especially a profitable one. However the gains on small accounts are very real. Also doubling every 3 months is not consistent. Its unlikely euro will keep stomping like this all year there will be many weeks of flats and mere 100 pip ranges which reduce the effectiveness of the weekly breakouts.

Look we know the stats roughly 9 outta 10 lose but if i told you that you can lose half of your account every 3 months you wouldn't hesitate to accept such a figure! You know from experience this is true and when you look back you say to yourself if only i traded the last 6 trades the other way i would have made an easy 1000 pips this month.

Its not hard you can see where the losers are. Watch the forums the last 2 weeks and see just how many were selling euro at 150 151 152 153 154 155 156. The losers are selling selling selling into a bull run based on excuses of overbought dials, its the end of wave 5, My EW count says short or its a 618 projection, its all crap and i know you have been too otherwise you wouldn't be here. If you want to be profitable then you must do the opposite of the majority most of the time. But a good system is 100% direction-less it has no bias and no emotion. Price moves you react its that simple.

Allright let's do the math here!

Its not hard you can see where the losers are. Watch the forums the last 2 weeks and see just how many were selling euro at 150 151 152 153 154 155 156. The losers are selling selling selling into a bull run based on excuses of overbought dials, its the end of wave 5, My EW count says short or its a 618 projection, its all crap and i know you have been too otherwise you wouldn't be here. If you want to be profitable then you must do the opposite of the majority most of the time. But a good system is 100% direction-less it has no bias and no emotion. Price moves you react its that simple.
======================================================================

hmmmmmmm-------

1.5814 -- 1.5968 depending on if you hold for a few days or hold for a month

see ya up there !

enjoy and trade well

mp

I believe this is the problem. This text book idea of doubling every 3 months 6 months or even every year.Lets get away from this way of thinking Most consistent traders try to make a certain amount each week or month and keep their capital intact this is what I do. I could not keep up with the pressure of constantly increasing my stakes.You are asking for burnout if you do that!
As you claim to be a person of above average intelligence you should be able to put together a system that will give you 25 to 30 points a day and on a 10k account with proper money management it should make you 1 to 2 % a day
Good Luck!

Last edited:
How did this dividend strategy do in 1921 and 1987

Cheers
Nut

It did as good as usual in 1921 and not to bad in 1987. The ting is that you are buying a dollar for 70 cents or less. So if the share price goes down, then GOOD! You buy more! Then you just wait for the market to return to +1 dollar for each dollar. Which always happen. The truth is: it's actually easier to find good things to buy when the market is going down, than when the market is going up.

It did very well in it-crash too. Considering you would not hold any of bubble stocks. Not saying this is prefect, because you would lose out on some opportunities to hitch a ride up on some of the bubbles. On the other side, it is a very very safe method to make cash.

Of course, it might take you twenty years to get filthy rich, and that is more than what the "DieingToGetRichQuickIDIOTS" can wait. So they rather keep working at the supermarket and waste those twenty years.

Best Regards

Get real Sucker

It did as good as usual in 1921 and not to bad in 1987. The ting is that you are buying a dollar for 70 cents or less. So if the share price goes down, then GOOD! You buy more! Then you just wait for the market to return to +1 dollar for each dollar. Which always happen. The truth is: it's actually easier to find good things to buy when the market is going down, than when the market is going up.

It did very well in it-crash too. Considering you would not hold any of bubble stocks. Not saying this is prefect, because you would lose out on some opportunities to hitch a ride up on some of the bubbles. On the other side, it is a very very safe method to make cash.

Of course, it might take you twenty years to get filthy rich, and that is more than what the "DieingToGetRichQuickIDIOTS" can wait. So they rather keep working at the supermarket and waste those twenty years.

Best Regards

guy in super market may not have spare money to invest you Condescending bast...d

If he trades a small account you are assuming he wants to get filthy rich and not just make some extra money and possibly have the opportunity to make a lot of extra money.

Just because you pay 70 c for 1$ does not mean you will ever be able to sell it for 1$ or more

The figures you use to estimate value are not all they seem, an accountant with far better brains than you manufactured them so you could make a wise stock selection based on what you think you now.

magic numbers ~peg pe etc etc :LOL:

get real sucker, your money is in their account and they are the ones who benefit guaranteed, you have no such benefit and your fate is in their hands.

Tell me in 20 yrs how much you got after allowing for inflation etc etc etc

thought on time.....................spend it wise, you get to spend it once

may as well be something you really want to do, achieve.

Attachments

• straw.jpg
    straw.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 698
Last edited:
The truth is: it's actually easier to find good things to buy when the market is going down, than when the market is going up.

How do you know that what you are buying is not going to go down as well with the rest of the market?
Great dividend yields only look good because the share price has dropped it does not reflect what the next dividend will be if there will be one.(Look at northern rock)

The ting is that you are buying a dollar for 70 cents or less. So if the share price goes down, then GOOD! You buy more!

Averaging down is generally throwing good money after bad
Then you just wait for the market to return to +1 dollar for each dollar. Which always happen.

That does not always happen!
And if the currency value drops your $ buys less.

The truth is: it's actually easier to find good things to buy when the market is going down, than when the market is going up.

the truth of the matter is he is banking on inflation to continuously increase the value of the currency, which of course is very likely. What is missed is the simple fact that it costs REAL money to invest as he suggests --- money that is probably NOT available to the overwhelming majority of traders, and one can see, simply and succently, that even trading with a small amount of margin especially if one trades the long and short side of a currencies movements, will realize far more gain in a far shorter period and with far less money involved than what is a simple "average down" theory of investment.

the simple reasons behind it deal with the shortcomings and rather low returns for an investor in stocks --- you must ride the downturns as well as the upturns, so your money becomes worth more, and then reverses and becomes less, at which point you "buy the dip", averaging down to lower your costs.

This is the reason why INVESTORS do well if they make 10% over a period of years, but the institutions, using YOUR MONEY to trade both long and short, average the whopping figures they profit by !

Wall Street LOVES investors ---- it supplies them with the money they need to continue making fortunes ---- if people stopped using the "investing" methods, the major institutions would be in serious trouble, so this method is continued forever.

Forex, opened to the retail trader only a relatively few years ago is one of the fastest ways to make money with the smallest amount of cash inflows possible, as long as the money management rules are followed (and that we know is a BIG problem for many) and a normal "investment" stragegy, not trading with the trend of the stock or currency, will only return AVERAGE results !

while the above is my opinion, its based on many a year of trading and understanding what is going on in the financial markets, and if you approach it from a TOTAL pov, you will see how wall street makes its money, and thats WAY MORE than a measly 10%.

enjoy and trade well

mp

The truth of the matter is he is banking on inflation to continuously increase the value of the currency, which of course is very likely
However he is talking about investing in stocks being far more profitable relying on the dividend yield.
He seems to think that when you do your P/E analysis and you see a high yield it will give you a greater return on your investment in the long run and by averaging down you will get a greater return
Yes theoretically possible but rarely in real life.

The truth of the matter is he is banking on inflation to continuously increase the value of the currency, which of course is very likely
However he is talking about investing in stocks being far more profitable relying on the dividend yield.
He seems to think that when you do your P/E analysis and you see a high yield it will give you a greater return on your investment in the long run and by averaging down you will get a greater return

===============================================================

LOL

as i stated above, using his methods will result in increasing the net worth of his holdings, BUT the increases are relatively very small because of riding the downside waves while still long, which can last years, averaging down with LARGE amounts of money and then settling for the feeble returns the market gives you.

averaging down is a valid "investors" method, but it simply cannot return what a decently played "trend following" forex trading system will return, and for a WHOLE LOT LESS INVESTED TO BEGIN WITH !

If i had thought stocks to be so grand, I would have remained there, but after seeing what forex had to offer and after a little time spent in learning forex, I will NEVER go back !

WHY WOULD ANYONE ?

lol

mp

Ehh no, it is a bit more complex than to use p/e analysis. You have to calculate the net worth of the company. Meaning you have to carefully study company's financial statement and potential future. You need to know how to adjust the company's financial statements so you can see the real valua etc. You can screen for companys to study using a p/e analysis.

And yes, IF you manage to trade forex well, Im sure you can make more than 20% a year (wich is very very easy to make with value analysis as soon as you have the analytical skils needed.) So far none of you guys have presented a winning forex system.

What I'm basically telling you guys is: if you want to become rich you should learn value analysis. The father of value analysis is Benjamin Graham. Start with his teachings.

If you can save eg 1000 each month it might take you a while, but you will get there.

Good luck

Edit: no, I never said you are relying on dividends alone. As far as I can remember I think I said you should buy a doller for 70 cents or less. But the company SHOULD pay dividends.

Again Good luck, and now go and show me a forex strategy that pays me more than 20% each year.

Edit: no, I never said you are relying on dividends alone. As far as I can remember I think I said you should buy a doller for 70 cents or less. But the company SHOULD pay dividends.

Again Good luck, and now go and show me a forex strategy that pays me more than 20% each year.
=============================================================

MORE THAN 20% per year ! MORE THAN 20% PER YEAR ! MORE THAN 20% PER YEAR ??

GOOD LORD MAN --- thats sincerely a pittance !

I am aghast --- how about 20% a MONTH !

Sorry, i just cant believe what you just posted !

mp

mp

Uhmm right. Care to tell anybody how? Or is this in your dreams?

:clap:

At the end of his career, your hero Benjamin Graham came to the conclusion that what Fama and other EMH pioneers were saying was correct and investors would be better off investing in an index fund. The stockmarket is the most efficient market on earth and you propose that you can beat it but other traders here cannot beat the forex market, which has sound theoretical reasons (hedgers) to trend (i.e. follow a non random walk) on all timescales? I submit you haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

mp

LOL I know what you mean!!

I was surprised at 20% a year too. That seems incredibly low.

And I imagine in his next post he'll ask you to tell him HOW despite the fact that you've shown how right here on this forum.

=====================================================================

LOOK GUYS --- dont rile as impt a national resource such as myself. I have proven my methods on many a site in the past, and can do so easily on this one ---- 20% is a pittance. What is more impt is a highly talented group of sisters --- NOW THATS HARD TO FIND !

SERIOUSLY --- I have started accounts on a thread, doubling it each day working part time, just to show how a method performs --- i will probably do the same thing on my new thread "trading with mp6140" (THAT was the unabashed commercial)

I honestly try to tell you peeps that WITH EXPERIENCE, forex is one of the most predictable and easy to trade venues I have ever found, and I did danged well in stocks for a very many years before i found forex.

20% is real, although I actually no longer try for records as Im more into "slow and steady wins the race" and being a pipe smoker, that process comes easily !

if you want to learn, to REALLY learn --- it takes a little time, although I got one guy going in under a week --- from loser to winner !

I run a NY state registered financial holding company, and while paper work takes time, the trading is actually rather boring, but until I have someone to replace ME, then ME is who has to do it, but it leaves me a lot of boring time and so i watch the threads and try to help the newbs, because i figure its payback time for a really decent life !

if you WANT to learn, ill be over at my thread usually, although i roam to see whats being said.

enjoy and trade well

mp

=====================================================================

LOOK GUYS --- dont rile as impt a national resource such as myself. I have proven my methods on many a site in the past, and can do so easily on this one ---- 20% is a pittance. What is more impt is a highly talented group of sisters --- NOW THATS HARD TO FIND !

SERIOUSLY --- I have started accounts on a thread, doubling it each day working part time, just to show how a method performs --- i will probably do the same thing on my new thread "trading with mp6140" (THAT was the unabashed commercial)

I honestly try to tell you peeps that WITH EXPERIENCE, forex is one of the most predictable and easy to trade venues I have ever found, and I did danged well in stocks for a very many years before i found forex.

20% is real, although I actually no longer try for records as Im more into "slow and steady wins the race" and being a pipe smoker, that process comes easily !

if you want to learn, to REALLY learn --- it takes a little time, although I got one guy going in under a week --- from loser to winner !

I run a NY state registered financial holding company, and while paper work takes time, the trading is actually rather boring, but until I have someone to replace ME, then ME is who has to do it, but it leaves me a lot of boring time and so i watch the threads and try to help the newbs, because i figure its payback time for a really decent life !

if you WANT to learn, ill be over at my thread usually, although i roam to see whats being said.

enjoy and trade well

mp

Great! I'll come over and hopefully learn a lot.

:)

Hes perfectly correct..!! - 20% a " year " sounds like a ROR that youd get from fiction movie stockbroking firm - for a trader - thats a TERRIBLE one - !!
Most traders on here (and the newbies will too of course after a bit of practice), could EASILY trade say 50p into 50.00 pounds in all time frames you can probably think of - and if my maths is kinda correct - is a return of 10,000% - !!

What are " index/tracker funds " anyway..? :rolleyes::p

LOL I know what you mean!!

I was surprised at 20% a year too. That seems incredibly low.

And I imagine in his next post he'll ask you to tell him HOW despite the fact that you've shown how right here on this forum.
====================================================================

the principle behind his theory is sound, as long as youre only willing to accept the normal "stock market investors returns" which rarely beat the DOW averages of 10%

Now when you consider that the morgan stanleys of the world are daytrading, flipping, trend trading long and short that very index, and perhaps a few hundred others, you can imagine THEY arent living on 10%, but the "investors" money is the fuel they live on, and without continuing the "investing" concept, they would have to work with their own money.

Wall street exists to make wall street insiders rich --- for that they have to give "something" back to those who supply them money, but nowhere is it written that they have to give a lot, and so they dont !

Retail forex trading is a NEW concept, only available for a few years and we (once we know how) trade the markets in every possible direction, taking here and there, up or down, and so the rewards are practically endless --- just depends on experience, skill and money management !

Investing has its place for wage slaves, although i often wonder if 10% returns actually keep up with REAL inflation (not that sissy EX food and autos the fed uses)

which brings up another thought --- do u know why they use EX food and autos ?

cause if they used REAL inflation figures, social security and inflation tied pensions would be through the roof, and the govt simply cant pay the real prices, so they cheat their policy holders yearly !

take a look, although not germain to this discussion, its an interesting point

enjoy

mp