Worldspreads upgraded!

FXSCALPER2 said:
I hope that is just a glitch. I will be reporting my expereinces here as well. If they start playing games, we should do everything to bring them down.

FXSCALPER2

Its clear they don't want my business. I only traded with them for 4 days. I was trading small to see how the platform was like, 3 quid a point. I then up my stake to 10 quid a point

After a few days of making money they said I can only trade 1 pound a point on instant exucution.…I was not happy with this. I done a deal with them over the phone. I said 1 pound a point is not much good to me. WS came back to me and said, we let you back on but you must pay a wider spread. I agreed to this. However I still made money off them. They then put me on referred to dealer to slow me down and then to phone trading...I have not traded since 21/06/06

I put in a 1000 quid to trade, once I was unable to trade with them anymore. I withdrew all my funds of a total of 2300 quid, not a big amount of money. But to WS this must be to much for them to handle.

FXSCALPER2 said:
Hold on a second, my view about brokers (including DMA ones) is that people complain too much about them and I believe most of these whingers are losers. However, if a broker shuts someone's account because they make money and put a lot of trades, then that broker has no business staying in business.

I am currently trading using WS and I think they are very good (unless they change once I increase size and frequency of trades). With that kind of execution and speed, I don't see why they don't allow laptop back. If he was picking their pockets when the feed was slow, then I understand their discomfort. But why keep him banned given the feed issue is sorted. It is a bit odd, that is all.
I have no viewpoint on this matter except that this kind of disagreement between a broker and a client is usually a give and take situation for all concerned.

I am looking forward to your posts on issues concerning trading on the Worldspreads platform.

Please do not imply that I have a connection with Worldspreads in any way. This assumption is extremely far fetched. My interest with Worldspreads is restricted to being a trader, no more. Besides I live in Sweden where Worldspreads has no presence.

Crawsthorne said:
I have also been trying Worldspreads for a week and they generally seem ok, but as I ramp things up a bit I notice more waiting for a price and this morning after a long wait, I had "unable to place bet". I called them and the customer service rep passed me onto the trading desk neither of whom could explain it. I was promised a call from IT but so far nothing. Has anyone else experienced this?
What comes to mind is that it could probably mean that the exchange feed is temporarily down on this specific instrument that you are trading, or it could be some other technical problem.

gle101 said:
What comes to mind is that it could probably mean that the exchange feed is temporarily down on this specific instrument that you are trading, or it could be some other technical problem.
Gle, I admire your understanding, perhaps you could suggest why Marvin still has not given a definitive answer to my question of 25th Oct, enquiring if WS UK would accept an application from an Irish resident. WS has an Irish site that offers spreads that could only be termed as outrageous. Maybe, I am better off not getting involved with a company that wears a coat of many colours.

Eddie

punter99

gle101 is from Sweden and you are from Dublin, but cant trade at WS lol. what a joke. This thread is turning out like the other Worldspread thread.punter99, maybe you should move to Sweden

It seems strange gle101 you by past my post with concerns on WS trading platform. it also seem strange to me why you are allowed back trading after making over 800% from you quote below

gle101 said:
Hi Guys,
I myself made 881% in just 4 weeks and that was way too much for Worldspreads to let me continue unregulated. .

However, Marvin have asked you back to trade with them again, after making all that money. I only made 100% I'm not allowed to come back. It seem very strange. and why dont Marvin post on here, or is it, you are doing the talking for him?

Even by spread betting standards this is a very weird thread. If gle101 really does have some connection with WS, he/she should give up now, but the lack of comment from MarvinS is strange, as Laptop says.
re. WS's IT dept, mentioned earlier, they never seem to provide an answer to anything. All you need to know is that it's not their fault. Ever.

punter99 said:
Gle, I admire your understanding, perhaps you could suggest why Marvin still has not given a definitive answer to my question of 25th Oct, enquiring if WS UK would accept an application from an Irish resident. WS has an Irish site that offers spreads that could only be termed as outrageous. Maybe, I am better off not getting involved with a company that wears a coat of many colours.

Eddie
Thanks punter99,

If I was in your position I would contact Worldspreads and ask them for clarification.

I normally do not like labouring any point for too long, but there is something worrying about this WS outfit.

gle, if you have nothing to do with WS, your defence of them is a bit confusing. Take laptop's case, which is not disputed by Marvin. laptop traded when they had a slow feed and might have picked them, taking advantage of that slow feed. I have no idea whether this is what happened, but let's assume it is. The question is: now that their feed is not slow any longer, why don't they allow him back? If you think about this for a second, you will see it makes no sense at all. This question has to be addressed by Marvin or someone from WS.

There is another guy whose account has been closed. Why would they close his account at all, assuming it hasn't got to do with some other issue other than trading?

There may be good explanations for all of this, but for their own sake, and to get out of this deep PR hole they dug themselves into, WS have to tell us what they are.

laptop1 said:
It seems strange gle101 you by past my post with concerns on WS trading platform. it also seem strange to me why you are allowed back trading after making over 800% from you quote below

However, Marvin have asked you back to trade with them again, after making all that money. I only made 100% I'm not allowed to come back. It seem very strange. and why dont Marvin post on here, or is it, you are doing the talking for him?

Here we go again.....

Have you heard this song by Dolly Parton? Do you at all read my answers to you? Apparently not, as you keep repeating the same questions all over again.

I am not Worldspreads publicity officer but I certainly do enjoy trading with them.

FXSCALPER2 said:
I normally do not like labouring any point for too long, but there is something worrying about this WS outfit.

gle, if you have nothing to do with WS, your defence of them is a bit confusing. Take laptop's case, which is not disputed by Marvin. laptop traded when they had a slow feed and might have picked them, taking advantage of that slow feed. I have no idea whether this is what happened, but let's assume it is. The question is: now that their feed is not slow any longer, why don't they allow him back? If you think about this for a second, you will see it makes no sense at all. This question has to be addressed by Marvin or someone from WS.

There is another guy whose account has been closed. Why would they close his account at all, assuming it hasn't got to do with some other issue other than trading?

There may be good explanations for all of this, but for their own sake, and to get out of this deep PR hole they dug themselves into, WS have to tell us what they are.
Thanks FXSCALPER2 for a balanced post.
You have to understand that there are usually a little more to these cases than what meets the eye. It is my honest opinion that this kind of disagreement that laptop1and some others have with WS, should be solved outside the forum itself through direct dialog, especially if one wants to get back trading with them. I am not saying this to defend Worldspreads in any way or to keep laptop1 and the others from posting, but to repeat the same thing ad infinitum is in my view counter productive, at least going by my own common sense. Again this is totally my own viewpoint and may not coincide with Worldspreads standpoint at all.

gle101 said:

Thank your for your response which I was not able to obtain directly from WS??

I am quite an experienced realtime software engineer (30 years plus leading large avionic teams) and I dont think that the feed was down. I would just have anticipated that the software documentation would have indicated the fault messages and their causes.

Thanks again for your help. I have nothing against WS but am naturally cautious.

Crawsthorne said:

I am quite an experienced realtime software engineer (30 years plus leading large avionic teams) and I dont think that the feed was down. I would just have anticipated that the software documentation would have indicated the fault messages and their causes.

Thanks again for your help. I have nothing against WS but am naturally cautious.
Thank you.
There is quite a impressive experience you have in software development. Maybe you could give Worldspreads some good input to improve their service.

Crawsthorne said:

Yes I agree with your viewpoint about the documentation for fault messages. Something must have triggered this one. It is always good to have a full understanding of the platform messages that one receives and where it originates from, in order not to get caught off guard.

gle101 said:
Thank you.
There is quite a impressive experience you have in software development. Maybe you could give Worldspreads some good input to improve their service.

This thread must be the most amusing on T2W at the moment.

"gMarvleS101" keeps posting and posting in order to keep laptop1 off the current page...

If a company has made mistakes with their clients they should seek to make amends, not just try to sweep things under the carpet.

It's the #1 rule in business: Never jerk around your customers.

It doesn't matter whether you are a business offering plumbing, roofing, accountancy, etc. - the rule is immutable.

T2W provides a very important service for customers to share actual experiences freely.

I made 100% with WS and they closed my account - fact - there's no more to it than that. But I wasn't surprised as FXPlayer, FXPlayerPro and Ladbrokes FX did exactly the same to me.

It's important for everyone to consider what companies actually DO, not what they say in their marketing material or on their website.

Good Trading
c6

gle101 said:
Thanks FXSCALPER2 for a balanced post.
You have to understand that there are usually a little more to these cases than what meets the eye. It is my honest opinion that this kind of disagreement that laptop1and some others have with WS, should be solved outside the forum itself through direct dialog, especially if one wants to get back trading with them. I am not saying this to defend Worldspreads in any way or to keep laptop1 and the others from posting, but to repeat the same thing ad infinitum is in my view counter productive, at least going by my own common sense. Again this is totally my own viewpoint and may not coincide with Worldspreads standpoint at all.

Counter productive for who ? what if it was your money being put at risk, and you see others allowed to trade on instant dealing after they were banned then allowed back to trade ,

do you not think it odd that the client is still left hanging?

do you not think it odd that managers keep on saying havent had time to look into it again, months on even though holidays are taken by the same people, what impression does this give about their approach to customer service?

do you not think if they treat 1 customer like this then what about future clients?

do you not think its best if worldspreads resolve this issue openly?

You choose to question laptops continued posting still seeking answers to very valid points raised, easy, why doesnt worldspreads tell him to get lost or come back, its not laptops fault is it?

And this thread is worldspreads upgraded? not quite.

Something smells fishy. I am just going to trade with them and tell you guys how they treat me. I am going to make a lot of money with this 1 pip spread. If they ban me or make it difficult, then we will know they are full of sh!t.

FXSCALPER2 said:
Something smells fishy. I am just going to trade with them and tell you guys how they treat me. I am going to make a lot of money with this 1 pip spread. If they ban me or make it difficult, then we will know they are full of sh!t.

My plan exactly!

Legion said:
Counter productive for who ? what if it was your money being put at risk, and you see others allowed to trade on instant dealing after they were banned then allowed back to trade ,

do you not think it odd that the client is still left hanging?

do you not think it odd that managers keep on saying havent had time to look into it again, months on even though holidays are taken by the same people, what impression does this give about their approach to customer service?

do you not think if they treat 1 customer like this then what about future clients?

do you not think its best if worldspreads resolve this issue openly?

You choose to question laptops continued posting still seeking answers to very valid points raised, easy, why doesnt worldspreads tell him to get lost or come back, its not laptops fault is it?

And this thread is worldspreads upgraded? not quite.
A one sided condemnation does not make for a two way conversation. It does not allow the open and honest discussion, on the advantages and disadvantages of a particular platform or related issues that this forum is dedicated to provide. So far, I have mentioned my own experience with my own trading resources.

Every business transaction has to be a win-win situation for both parties, otherwise things will not work in the long run. Let's get back to the real issue for which this thread was started.

gle101 said:
A one sided condemnation does not make for a two way conversation. It does not allow the open and honest discussion, on the advantages and disadvantages of a particular platform or related issues that this forum is dedicated to provide. So far, I have mentioned my own experience with my own trading resources.

Every business transaction has to be a win-win situation for both parties, otherwise things will not work in the long run. Let's get back to the real issue for which this thread was started.

Whats the point of having an upgraded electronic platform if humans decide the users or CUSTOMERS of the platform & service are NOT allowed to even use it?

Could this mean that the platform although claiming to be upgraded is still not suitable because people are being told they CANNOT use it?