Worldspreads upgraded!

gle101 said:
Well I guess that works both ways. In fact not many would accept a delay of quotes at the direct market access either. One does at times need to get out of a position very quickly and in fast moving markets this is definitely a necessity. One is not forced to trade with Worldspreads, it is a free choice. Of course at the same time a company has the right to reject a client, and like in any ordinary business arrangement this is a standard procedure. The spread betting industry is a very competitive industry and if clients are not pleased with the products offered they have the option to move on and look elsewhere.

I agree, I would be spitting nails if my DMA quotes were delayed.

the big difference with SB quotes is that you can still deal on them whether they are late or not.

If you have realtime DMA quotes, and can compare them to WS's (formerly?) delayed quotes, then of course you cannot blame anyone for using this to their advantage. WS may as well hand out free cash, its the oldest arb in the book.

SOCRATES said:
Well don't do it. Trade in the real market instead. You will need a bigger deposit but you will not get all that nonsense. But there again, the real market can be like formula 1 compared to go kart racing, so it is your choice.
This comparison in speed between DMA and SB is rather interesting. I wonder wherein this huge difference in speed lies. Do you mean that while trading DMA you have so much more at stake, that one gets the feeling that it is a much faster race? I have not noticed this speed difference in my trading with Worldspreads. There is no difference in the speed of the live feed between DMA and Worldspreads, at least not when it comes to trading FTSE with 1 point spread and instant execution.

I think both the DMA and SB have their place in the traders arsenal depending on the trading style and tax considerations. The safety of the platform might be to DMA's advantage and of course the possibility of using automatic trading programs like Ninja Trader and Button Trader. With DMA the trading conditions are stable, you get what you see and that might carry more weight for some traders. However, for some others SB might be a better choice as you put less money on the line, and it is a matter of fact that the odds are at times better, certainly if one is also taking the commission cost into consideration.

Simon from Capitalspreads mentioned the interesting fact that the percentage of those traders who lose out at SB's (approx. 85% if I am not mistaken) does not differ too much from those who lose out at DMA. The figure was approx. the same for DMA according to him. He ought to know because Capitalspreads Pro also offer DMA for selected clients. I guess we as traders at this forum just have to grab some more of that remaining 15%, ha ha! Please feel free to comment on this post especially if you have a different viewpoint on this matter.

Last edited:
gc1 said:
Does this mean you are Marvin ?
Absolutely not, ha ha! Thank you for this correction. It should of course be "we as traders at this forum just have to grab...". Although I have to admit that was a good one!

Last edited:
gle101 said:
Absolutely not, ha ha!

Now you are sounding like Socco - You are a man of many disguises!

Seriously though, I think Worldspreads (WS) should forget about T2W altogether - they seem to be lurching from one PR disaster to another.

WS are attempting to emulate Simon's (of Capital Spreads) success in communicating with T2W members in a very open way, but failing miserably.

This "gle" guy is clearly a stooge of WS.

All IMHO.

c6

c6ackp said:
Now you are sounding like Socco - You are a man of many disguises!

Seriously though, I think Worldspreads (WS) should forget about T2W altogether - they seem to be lurching from one PR disaster to another.

WS are attempting to emulate Simon's (of Capital Spreads) success in communicating with T2W members in a very open way, but failing miserably.

This "gle" guy is clearly a stooge of WS.

All IMHO.

c6

Who ever this gle101 is, all he is doing is making things worse for worldspreads.

Are you still on referred to dealer c6ackp? like myself.

laptop1 said:
Who ever this gle101 is, all he is doing is making things worse for worldspreads.

Are you still on referred to dealer c6ackp? like myself.

No, they simply closed my account.

The amusing thing is that I was only using the account to toy with some very short timeframe ideas. I only won around £250 off them!!

Simon (Capital Spreads) stated the other day that CS wouldn't even notice a customer who was winning £1000 per week, so WS must be a tiny operation.

c6

They closed your account for winning £250? That is just too funny for words. Did they tell you why they shut you down? This is beyond bizzare.
c6ackp said:

The amusing thing is that I was only using the account to toy with some very short timeframe ideas. I only won around £250 off them!!

Simon (Capital Spreads) stated the other day that CS wouldn't even notice a customer who was winning £1000 per week, so WS must be a tiny operation.

c6

c6ackp said:

c6
That seems strange....

In any case WS seem very efficient in quoting and execution.

For me the worse ones are Cantor and Capital spreads. They both take ages to confirm a trade, which makes them useless for me as I do very short term trading mainly.

DDI said:
That seems strange....

In any case WS seem very efficient in quoting and execution.

For me the worse ones are Cantor and Capital spreads. They both take ages to confirm a trade, which makes them useless for me as I do very short term trading mainly.
Interesting to hear from somebody else that are actually trading live at Worldspreads. Please keep posting your impressions either good or bad. It is always nice to have a constructive dialog about different matters concerning the Worldspreads platform and related issues.

FXSCALPER2 said:
They closed your account for winning £250? That is just too funny for words. Did they tell you why they shut you down? This is beyond bizzare.

Yes, it is bizarre. I don't think they closed my account due to the £250, tho!!

The reason they stated was something about THEIR slow prices. I don't think anyone with any common sense would believe that.

The only genuine reason I can think of was that I was simply taking up too much of their dealer's time, as I was placing a lot of small trades.

I started getting long delays and all kinds of weird pop-ups and different flavours of cryptic execution messages. Despite all their efforts, they couldn't make me lose, so I guess they just got mad and closed my account.

All part of the fun tho. We shouldn't take this game too seriously. :)

c6

c6ackp said:
Yes, it is bizarre. I don't think they closed my account due to the £250, tho!!

The reason they stated was something about THEIR slow prices. I don't think anyone with any common sense would believe that.

The only genuine reason I can think of was that I was simply taking up too much of their dealer's time, as I was placing a lot of small trades.

I started getting long delays and all kinds of weird pop-ups and different flavours of cryptic execution messages. Despite all their efforts, they couldn't make me lose, so I guess they just got mad and closed my account.

All part of the fun tho. We shouldn't take this game too seriously. :)

c6
Yes I agree, it is all part of the game! However, at a DMA broker, we as traders will certainly not have some of these problems but there are other issues to confront instead.

gle101

You would agree, what happen to c6ackp was fun and games becuse you've something to do with them.... If a spreadbet firm are playing games or are trying to slow you down. They should be shut down.

Here is another game. worldspead undercover http://www.alpeshpatelspreads.com/

Two things. Firstly, if they behave the way suggested here, they should be closed down. Secondly, if this gle fellow is from WS (and I think he is), WS must be a c*rap outfit run by m*orons because they are just looking so bad.
laptop1 said:
gle101

You would agree, what happen to c6ackp was fun and games becuse you've something to do with them.... If a spreadbet firm are playing games or are trying to slow you down. They should be shut down.

laptop1 said:
gle101

Every Market Maker will protect its spread and odds, in some way or the other, no exception given. That is the nature of a Market Maker. Why this? Simply because they have no commission to make profit on. The DMA broker as you know earns its profit through the commission, so they don't need or can for that matter interfere with the trader in the same way as a Market Maker. It is my belief that the Market Maker with the fastest quotes has the least tendency to interfere, simply because the speed itself will give less delay and that protects the odds for that MM. If you have a MM with huge spread that will also serve as a protecting cover for the delay.
If this really is your viewpoint on the Market Maker's operation I can assure you have to shut down every existing Market Maker.

Hold on a second, my view about brokers (including DMA ones) is that people complain too much about them and I believe most of these whingers are losers. However, if a broker shuts someone's account because they make money and put a lot of trades, then that broker has no business staying in business.

I am currently trading using WS and I think they are very good (unless they change once I increase size and frequency of trades). With that kind of execution and speed, I don't see why they don't allow laptop back. If he was picking their pockets when the feed was slow, then I understand their discomfort. But why keep him banned given the feed issue is sorted. It is a bit odd, that is all.

gle101 said:
Every Market Maker will protect its spread and odds, in some way or the other, no exception given. That is the nature of a Market Maker. Why this? Simply because they have no commission to make profit on. The DMA broker as you know earns its profit through the commission, so they don't need or can for that matter interfere with the trader in the same way as a Market Maker. It is my belief that the Market Maker with the fastest quotes has the least tendency to interfere, simply because the speed itself will give less delay and that protects the odds for that MM. If you have a MM with huge spread that will also serve as a protecting cover for the delay.
If this really is your viewpoint on the Market Maker's operation I can assure you have to shut down every existing Market Maker.

FXSCALPER2 said:
Hold on a second, my view about brokers (including DMA ones) is that people complain too much about them and I believe most of these whingers are losers. However, if a broker shuts someone's account because they make money and put a lot of trades, then that broker has no business staying in business.

I am currently trading using WS and I think they are very good (unless they change once I increase size and frequency of trades). With that kind of execution and speed, I don't see why they don't allow laptop back. If he was picking their pockets when the feed was slow, then I understand their discomfort. But why keep him banned given the feed issue is sorted. It is a bit odd, that is all.

I have also been trying Worldspreads for a week and they generally seem ok, but as I ramp things up a bit I notice more waiting for a price and this morning after a long wait, I had "unable to place bet". I called them and the customer service rep passed me onto the trading desk neither of whom could explain it. I was promised a call from IT but so far nothing. Has anyone else experienced this?

I hope that is just a glitch. I will be reporting my expereinces here as well. If they start playing games, we should do everything to bring them down.
Crawsthorne said:
I have also been trying Worldspreads for a week and they generally seem ok, but as I ramp things up a bit I notice more waiting for a price and this morning after a long wait, I had "unable to place bet". I called them and the customer service rep passed me onto the trading desk neither of whom could explain it. I was promised a call from IT but so far nothing. Has anyone else experienced this?